PDA

View Full Version : We will see what kind of coach Mike Tomlin really is now...

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM
This performance tonight was completely and totally unacceptable and I just hope it doesnt lead too yet another mid-season Mike Tomlin collapse like we have seen in 2007 and 2009. Tomlin looks completely clueless on the sidelines, he doesnt communicate with anybody, he never looks like he is thinking he just looks plain dumb over there and I for one am sick of it. Reed is a disgrace he needs to go, the injuries really caught up to the Steelers tonight and it showed big time. We will see the next few weeks if Tomlin has control of this situation against two games they have absolutely have got to win against Oakland and Buffalo. Huge step back tonight for the Steelers with a chance to go up a game on the Ravens in the North and maintain that number 1 seed in the AFC. Instead they drop all the way to the 6 seed with a ton of questions going into next week. Complete horseshit performance tonight and Mike Tomlin is really on my damn **** list at this point...

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 12:13 AM
I feel like the only time I see Mike Tomlin show any type of emotion is when the Steelers are dominating. And even then the only thing that comes out of him is smiles and pats on the players backs and lot's of, "hey good job." When they're losing like they were tonight he just looks completely dumbfounded and stunned. Like he has no idea what to do. He needs to show emotion regardless of the state that they're in and talk to his players. Make adjustments. Yell. Do something!

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
We just witnessed what kind of coach he is and clueless is a understatement. He looks like a deer in headlights in crucial situations! And his time management is just incompitent!:banging:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
This performance tonight was completely and totally unacceptable and I just hope it doesnt lead too yet another mid-season Mike Tomlin collapse like we have seen in 2007 and 2009. Tomlin looks completely clueless on the sidelines, he doesnt communicate with anybody, he never looks like he is thinking he just looks plain dumb over there and I for one am sick of it. Reed is a disgrace he needs to go, the injuries really caught up to the Steelers tonight and it showed big time. We will see the next few weeks if Tomlin has control of this situation against two games they have absolutely have got to win against Oakland and Buffalo. Huge step back tonight for the Steelers with a chance to go up a game on the Ravens in the North and maintain that number 1 seed in the AFC. Instead they drop all the way to the 6 seed with a ton of questions going into next week. Complete horseshit performance tonight and Mike Tomlin is really on my damn **** list at this point...

:clap::clap: I agree, i say Clean house and bring Rob Ryan in, Tomlin did look lost tonight and our schemes have played out on both sides of the ball seriously we need to change things up quick or we are gonna be headed for another mid season collapse again this year...:cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Mike Tomlin isn't going anywhere......I'm not saying its good or bad that he stays....But he won a Super Bowl in 2008 and the Rooney's will not replace a HC so soon after winning a Super Bowl....They stuck by Cowher after multiple AFC title game meltdowns.....Plus the three years Cowher led teams missed the play-offs (98-00).......

I always scream for the HC to be fired...lol I screamed for Cowher to be fired from 98 until 06 when he finally retired so my opinion is biased when it comes to thinking a HC to be fired............But the Rooney's will not make that move and if you think they will then you're sadly mistaken......

I agree 43 we will find out what kind of HC Tomlin is these next few weeks....Me thinks its going to be another Time To Unleash Hell that never happens....lol

madtowndrunkard
11-15-2010, 01:55 AM
I am one of the few that also does not buy into Tomlin yet. Arians is horrible - period.

But IMO Tomlin's first two seasons were with Cowher's team. We stuck with Cowher's philosophy those first two seasons. We got hot in season 2 late and won the SB. Tomlin's 3rd season was a disaster IMO. We had a VERY easy schedule and we choked. This season we started out hot....but there were signs of problems in almost every game. The wheels are starting to come off. That Cinci game was embarrassing yet we won....and this game was just awful. We were out coached.

the last season and a half the only BIG win I can recall was against the Vikings last year....A game in which Favre made some mistakes and we pulled it out in the end....because our defense scored 2 TD's. Beating Tampa and Atlanta was good...but it was so early in the season..... I can't believe we'd beat either team right now. Tomlin has had plenty of chances to win big games the last two seasons and we've come up short more often then not. Losing the Ravens 2 out of the last 3 is not good. Losing 2 out of the last 3 to Cinci is not good. We have to right the ship now and avoid another losing streak.

Lets be honest....if the refs don't help us in Miami we are 5-4 right now.

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 06:56 AM
BA needs to go first.. Now...

1-7 Dallas looked good against the 6-2 Giants.. Like a great team with an actual game plan... wow. the players must have all learned how to play better in a week... not... its the game plan.

steelers had no plan... on D or O.

jpele
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Somehow I get the feeling I've seen it all before. Mike Tomlin will unleash hell.

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 08:41 AM
If The steelers fall apart again this year and don't make the playoffs after starting 6-2, I think the Steelers need to seriously look at Tomlin. This crap is not acceptable in Pittsburgh.

JensK
11-15-2010, 08:44 AM
If The steelers fall apart again this year and don't make the playoffs after starting 6-2, I think the Steelers need to seriously look at Tomlin. This crap is not acceptable in Pittsburgh.

Heres a fun fact:

The last 3 seasons, we've started out 6-2. Two of them, we totally collapsed after here. First season we barely made it to the playoffs and got schooled by Jaguars... Then our 08 season was obviously amazing, and last but not least, last year... See a pattern? This is starting to become a pretty defining season for Steelers as a team.

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm not taking anything from the 08 team, but they stole a super bowl that year. brady was hurt that year. They didn't have to face the 13-3 Titans that year or the Colts. There were teams much better than the Cardinals in the NFC that year.

Unlike the 05 team that had to win 3 playoff games on the road.

Iron City South
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
The only way Tomlin will be able to save face and be known for more than being a "fluffer" with all his fluff talk, is to show Arians the door.

There are too many great minds and complex system being employed these days to let this idiot savant come in with a system that is about a decade or so too late.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Didn't we see last year? He's afraid to make changes, and will continue to let the old slow guys stay in there because he's afraid to let the young guys learn by mistake...

roosterray
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Heres a fun fact:

The last 3 seasons, we've started out 6-2. Two of them, we totally collapsed after here. First season we barely made it to the playoffs and got schooled by Jaguars... Then our 08 season was obviously amazing, and last but not least, last year... See a pattern? This is starting to become a pretty defining season for Steelers as a team.

I agree our teams start well and finish weak. I also think that tomlin inherited an aging team that was bound to break down, and I don't think we have done enough to upgrade our OL, DL or CB since Tomlin came on board. There have been a lot of holes to fill and the lack of a plan is catching up with us. We've got to address our core on both lines if we ever want to get back to the title game. We've had too many injuries and the backups aren't good enough. We've got to get younger and actually get them on the field. Tomlin is a big vet supporter. At some point he has got to get some youth and health on this team. Its not going to be easy.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
We will see how they respond against Oakland Sunday at Heinz Field. A year ago today the Steelers lost to the Bengals at Heinz Field and dropped to 6-3 and the very next week they lost in Kansas City and the collapse began. We will see how Tomlin handles this situation the next 2 weeks before they play the Ravens for the division in 2 games against Oakland and Buffalo they absolutely have got to win...

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm excited to see how we respond...

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
The only way Tomlin will be able to save face and be known for more than being a "fluffer" with all his fluff talk, is to show Arians the door.

There are too many great minds and complex system being employed these days to let this idiot savant come in with a system that is about a decade or so too late.

I think Belichick showed how old arians ideas are... he was killing us, it was like he knew all our plays... he didnt need the video and audio equipment to cheat...

then brady spiked the ball into the end zone and looked into our stands like he just marked his terriotry and crapped on our heads...

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 10:29 AM
BA was just a smooshed turd on Belicheats shoe last night...

Great idea, lets keep running to the right!!!! F'N A-HOLE!

jpele
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=coldrolled;379475] Belichick didnt need the video and audio equipment to cheat...

/QUOTE]

I heard that's why the review of Hines drop took so long, they asked to see Belichick's tapes.

Stlrs4Life
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Agree, Mike Tomlin is losing it.

Rampage
11-15-2010, 11:39 AM
While I can somewhat appreciate a stoic head coach like Tomlin, I would like to see him getting fired up; at his team, his coaches, his opponent, and the officiating crew. Perhaps if the team saw that he was high strung, they would be too.

Now, I do not place the blame for this disaster solely on Tomlin. The offensive gameplan perpetually leaves this team struggling. The only time this offense went for the throat of an opponent was in Tampa Bay, with Charlie Batch. Every other game has had opportunities squandered and points left off the board. The Steelers barely escaped Monday's game with a win, and that include two special teams blunders by the Bengals. If it is going to take kickoff return fumbles and blocked punts for this team to win, they are in a world of hurt.

Tomlin also does not play for the secondary, although he may, because I imagine he would fit in well with that crew. That secondary does not strike fear into any passer. Couple that with the fact that the defensive line and linebackers a providing little quarterback pressure, and it is the cliche, "recipe for disaster."

This team needs to sit down and modify its gameplan to account for its shortcomings, whether they are injured players, or players that are simply not reaching their potential. This team is not going to win any games by making excuses, it must repair the chinks in its armor, or suffer the consequences. Fortunately, a complete loss such as the one last night may be a great source of motivation for this team. Many analysts have been touting them as the best team in the conference or even league and maybe that has gone to the team's collective head. A game like this can humble a team and make the players thirsty again. If Tomlin wants to prove that he is the good coach that he may very well be, and he did not just inherit a team, he will push this team to convincingly beat the Raiders and Bills, then they will march on Baltimore with a score to settle. It is time for this team to do what we all know they can.

Scorp
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I hope Tomlin is not the kind of coach that is like i already have my super bowl ring and that is it. We want more man.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
We will see how they respond against Oakland Sunday at Heinz Field. A year ago today the Steelers lost to the Bengals at Heinz Field and dropped to 6-3 and the very next week they lost in Kansas City and the collapse began. We will see how Tomlin handles this situation the next 2 weeks before they play the Ravens for the division in 2 games against Oakland and Buffalo they absolutely have got to win...

Sounds so ominous :lol:. But it actually is. If the Steelers blow the game against the Raiders on Sunday..well, I think we all know what we can expect against the Bills the week after that, and then against the Ravens the week after that, and then against the Bengals the week after that..