PDA

View Full Version : refs really love the patriots

xxxsteelernation
11-15-2010, 01:04 AM
threwout the beginning of the game. i was watching harrison and woodley all night on d
i know it happens all the time but this was rediculous
harrison was held 23 times that was not called
woodley 15.

hmmmm i guess they had to let the poster boy win tonight.....

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Don't even try to blame this loss on the refs... the patchwork O line cost us the game ...while other O line played outstanding

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 01:07 AM
No no no no no. You can blame a lot of things on the officials, but this, you can not blame on them. They may have missed some calls, but those missed calls didn't constitute the Patriots doing what they did to the Steelers tonight. You can't blame this on anyone but the Steelers.

chisteeler
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
threwout the beginning of the game. i was watching harrison and woodley all night on d
i know it happens all the time but this was rediculous
harrison was held 23 times that was not called
woodley 15.

hmmmm i guess they had to let the poster boy win tonight.....

Please stop! I posted before about the poor play calling by NFL referees. It happens for us sometimes and against sometimes...So what? The bottom line tonight is that we got our asses handed to us...period! This game was a prime example of poor game planning on both sides of the ball. So, I would love to hear the excuses for the loss, other than the referees. :evilshake:

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Like Tomlin says we accept responsibility for what we put out there and the standard is the standard and blah blah blah...**** you Tomlin you suck...

Dean Denton
11-15-2010, 01:16 AM
The Steelers are who I thought they were. I have been saying this for weeks, and guess what, they choked again. Just like I said when they beat the Pats without Brady...doesn't count. Just like them winning a SB without having to play Brady and the Pats to get there....This team can only win, if the Pats are out...At what point do the Steelers say.."We have had enough?" Jesus, The Pats aren't even cheating anymore and this team still cant beat them. Brady looks at coming to Pittsburgh as a bye week because he doesn't even have to play at his best to win. Oh, but the Raiders are coming to town next week and this team will turn it around....Yeah right...Is anyone other then me tired of this? The team played better when Ben was out. Well the Def anyways...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 01:22 AM
We can't blame the officials for this one, they miss those holds every single week. We shouldn't be surprised. Scott got away with several holds tonight too. Something has to be done but it is what it is. We just sucked tonight, no amount of "right calls" was going to save us.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Like Tomlin says we accept responsibility for what we put out there and the standard is the standard and blah blah blah...**** you Tomlin you suck...

Him and the BULL SH&! schemes need to go for real he always look like this when we lose:banging:

xxxsteelernation
11-15-2010, 01:42 AM
ok im not saying that that was the only reason we lost but 20+ holding call not called that could have been at least 15 to 20 more sack opprotunities more 4th down excecution. the offense looked horrible till the 4th quarter. i just don't understand why arians don't call plays like that the whole game, if arinas has a job next year i will be surprised there is no reason when it's anything and goal that we have to be in a shotgun to possibly get anything, we need the threat to be able to run the ball down there, if not the opposing d is just going to play zone and drop back

--- Added 11/14/2010 at 11:42 PM ---

o and if there are many typo's im sorry i tore a ligament in my shoulder off the bone and have to go in for surgery soon to repair it. and sadly the loss tonight hurts more than my shoulder atleast i have morphine pills to nullify that pain

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Outside of everything. How come the refs didn't call helmet to helmet on the play the ko'd Ward?

JensK
11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Outside of everything. How come the refs didn't call helmet to helmet on the play the ko'd Ward?

Because those kind of hits never get flagged, unless they are completely accidentally. I am not even trying to be a smart *** or anything, but the only flags I've seen called this season was on plays where the defender had no chance of not hitting with the helmet first.

The problem with this particular catch was that the ruling on the field was a completed catch, which means he was able to protect himself, which also means that those helmet to helmet hit are no penalized. They can't call a Penalty following a review of a play.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
The refs missed calls on both sides...We lost this game due to sucking not refs!!

SteelDad
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Don't go here guys. Refs had nothing to do with last night's embarrassment.

TampaSteelGirl
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Don't even try to blame this loss on the refs... the patchwork O line cost us the game ...while other O line played outstanding

I agree here!!! Just like Steelers fans were saying to Miami fans when the refs supposely gave us their game...the team should over come this and we didn't. Simple as that!

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Yeppers, it's OK gang to admit we got beat by the better team last night....Oh well, the whole AFCN lost, we stayed put in the division...

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I agree here!!! Just like Steelers fans were saying to Miami fans when the refs supposely gave us their game...the team should over come this and we didn't. Simple as that!

if woodely and harrison cant get to the QB, why not let worilds try a series and see what happens.

if farrior cant blitz.. why not let Sly blitz.. he is fast.

DanRooney
11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
if woodely and harrison cant get to the QB, why not let worilds try a series and see what happens.

if farrior cant blitz.. why not let Sly blitz.. he is fast.

Nonsense! That would require the coaching staff using common sense. Abandoning vets for promising, young players? Malarkey!

Blazedby92
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
The Steelers are who I thought they were. I have been saying this for weeks, and guess what, they choked again. Just like I said when they beat the Pats without Brady...doesn't count. Just like them winning a SB without having to play Brady and the Pats to get there....This team can only win, if the Pats are out...At what point do the Steelers say.."We have had enough?" Jesus, The Pats aren't even cheating anymore and this team still cant beat them. Brady looks at coming to Pittsburgh as a bye week because he doesn't even have to play at his best to win. Oh, but the Raiders are coming to town next week and this team will turn it around....Yeah right...Is anyone other then me tired of this? The team played better when Ben was out. Well the Def anyways...

:plus1::plus1: I'm real tired of it too.
That's why on the way to the SB we dodged a bullet to get to the SB when Denver took out the Pats for us otherwise we probably would have lost against them.

PATS OWN US!!!

jpele
11-15-2010, 11:42 AM

You can't blame the o'line either. The Pats took away our right side runs,did we make any adjustments (NO) . Our left side Scott and Foster sucked did we keep a back or TE in to help block (NO)

For some strange reason we're playing a cover two defense instead our usual defense and giving up a lot of points (WHY)?

I can't even blame Arians or LeBeau, the blame lies squarely on Mike Tomlins shoulders. The cover two is his defense, Arians is his choice.

Prosdo
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM

I agree completely.

xxxsteelernation
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM
depend really, if those holdings were actually called that would have backed the patriots back to 3 and unmangble instead of either first downs or 3rd and shorts. or harrison or wood would have planted brady on his million dollar butt. the announcers the whole game were even stating that harrison was continoulsy being held. it's kinda hard to sack the QB when you being dragged down almost every play. thats the reason that brady had so much time in the pocket. and no pressure, with more pressure and sack by the d would have been a different story. o and all of our offensive drives that resulted in 3 and out ( and there were alot of them) also kept our d on the feild a lot more.

K Train
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
even i think steelers fans complaining about refs is laughable after some of the things that have happend the last few years.

steelers got away with several PI's and late hits last night....lets not reach for excuses

Farrior Fan
11-16-2010, 09:47 AM

I just started a thread on this....I just know he will get a fine since Goodell made it clear what the rules are. If he doesn't get a fine I will never buy anything from the NFL again.