PDA

View Full Version : Steelers secondary all kinds of confused

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
You allow a rookie to pull a hat trick on you and something is definitely not right. Polamalu and Gay were trying to get out of each other's way all night. Blown coverages, missed tackles, they seem to be digressing. BMac got burned several times as well. They were spot on the first 4 weeks and since the bye they just haven't been the same. Where's the tackling machines, the ball hawks, the big hits? All seem to be MIA over the last month.

Getting torched by Brady & Belichick is not unheard of for anyone, they've been doing it for years. That's no excuse though, they needed to play better.

mcfly06
11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
William Gay has got to go or something,Honestly our D is scared to play hard.They dont know if their gonna get fined or suspended from the dummy commish.I pray Mr.Rooney makes a vist this too Pittsburgh.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Will Gay wasn't the only problem tonight, all of them were having issues. Hell, Timmons was back there before he got hurt and he made as many good plays as they did.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM
William Gay has got to go or something,Honestly our D is scared to play hard.They dont know if their gonna get fined or suspended from the dummy commish.I pray Mr.Rooney makes a vist this too Pittsburgh.

William Gay is a good nickle, he just should never be in coverage. I don't know why LeBeau kept putting him back there when he kept getting burned.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
William Gay is a good nickle, he just should never be in coverage. I don't know why LeBeau kept putting him back there when he kept getting burned.

Nickel corners have to play coverage at times.....lol Gay wasn't the only problem....McFadden, Troy, Clark all were to blame......I didn't see Ike get picked on to much.....He gave up some catches but was the lone bright spot while the rest of the DB's were burnt like toast........I having flashbacks of Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, and Lee Flowers all over again....lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Will Gay wasn't the only problem tonight, all of them were having issues. Hell, Timmons was back there before he got hurt and he made as many good plays as they did.

He was just the biggest one!! Poor performance by our Oline, Not quite quick enough on defense, just overall bad performance...Some how got to figure out a better defense for dink and dunk, hafta be able to covers all receivers for 4 secs ...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Nickel corners have to play coverage at times.....lol Gay wasn't the only problem....McFadden, Troy, Clark all were to blame......I didn't see Ike get picked on to much.....He gave up some catches but was the lone bright spot while the rest of the DB's were burnt like toast........I having flashbacks of Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, and Lee Flowers all over again....lol

You know man, I was thinking the same thing tonight and actually the last couple weeks. These guys getting torched all over the place and the outlook not much better.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2010, 12:17 AM
You know man, I was thinking the same thing tonight and actually the last couple weeks. These guys getting torched all over the place and the outlook not much better.

This team has glaring holes along OL and DL due to age........But we need serious upgrade at corner/safety.........

mcfly06
11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
This team has glaring holes along OL and DL due to age........But we need serious upgrade at corner/safety.........

I know man i agree with what you said about my comment,but still how does a corner get burnt by a tight end three times.lol,and yes it did remind me of them lol.Also where do we get that help,itd have to be next season,i cant wait for next season lol i want it now.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM
We have the oldest starting defensive unit in the league with an average age of 30. We are definitely getting old on the defense and sooner or later something is going to have to give. We can't keep having stop gaps in place of the veterans anymore. We have got to find legitimate backup defensive lineman to groom. Most definitely they are going to have to spend a premium pick on a DB this coming year.

mcfly06
11-15-2010, 01:02 AM
We have the oldest starting defensive unit in the league with an average age of 30. We are definitely getting old on the defense and sooner or later something is going to have to give. We can't keep having stop gaps in place of the veterans anymore. We have got to find legitimate backup defensive lineman to groom. Most definitely they are going to have to spend a premium pick on a DB this coming year.

Agree!

JensK
11-15-2010, 07:03 AM
As far as I see it, the secondary was not to blame on this game. Brady have some really skilled WRs to throw to, and he did not get hurried one single time during the game. Even ****** WRs are going to get open if you don't get to the QB. It stats with Hood and Eason who got manhandled all night long. Our LBs played a horrible game, and did not cover the areas which LBs usually are supposed to cover in a cover 2 system. Our safeties did not cover the middle of the field like they were supposed to. That basically leaves a big big hole in the middle right open for RBs and TEs, and guess what. Brady exploited that all night long.

Blazedby92
11-15-2010, 07:11 AM
As far as I see it, the secondary was not to blame on this game. Brady have some really skilled WRs to throw to, and he did not get hurried one single time during the game. Even ****** WRs are going to get open if you don't get to the QB. It stats with Hood and Eason who got manhandled all night long. Our LBs played a horrible game, and did not cover the areas which LBs usually are supposed to cover in a cover 2 system. Our safeties did not cover the middle of the field like they were supposed to. That basically leaves a big big hole in the middle right open for RBs and TEs, and guess what. Brady exploited that all night long.

:plus1: Did Brady even get hit? or sacked ?
We are in Trouble!!!:eek1:

Root4Stlrs
11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
:plus1: Did Brady even get hit? or sacked ?
We are in Trouble!!!:eek1:

Hit - yes a couple of times. Sacked - no. It was pathetic.

jpele
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
It goes way beyond the secondary,although if you notice the last several weeks offenses are targeting #20 and #22 .

It's time to say good bye to LeBeau and his three and four man rushes. The first three games of the season we were blitzing a lot and our defense looked like the best we've ever seen. Now for what ever the reason we send three men after the QB and watch them light up the score board.

The Pats aren't as good as we made them look,even with out injuries we should have stomped them. How about our own cocky Bruce Arians stating that just because we playing with Scott and Foster on the left side we won't change the game plan and sticking to his word.

Thanks Mike Tomlin you're the guy that lets it all happen.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Please tell me it was all a bad dream!!

A long hair freak tossing TD's at will to a rookie TE against our badass defense!!