PDA

View Full Version : Jeff will "Reed-deem" himself

Diamondhead
11-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I've got this feeling about the Patsies-Steelers game. Could be a Nostradamus like premonition or it could be the leaky muffler on my car. Either way, I think Jeff is going to make the difference in the game. He's going to make a significant Fg to pull this thing out.

Now, I know many are down on Reed. But I am here to make the bold prediction that you will be singing his praises after Sunday night. I have it on good authority that Jeff is really focused on this match-up and has promised to keep his pre-game warm-up down to a six pack of Old Milwaukee and a shot of Rumplemintz. How's that for taking things seriously, eh?

If I'm right, I'll be here gloating for a solid week. If I'm wrong and Jeff botches a chip shot with seconds left, I'll hide away 'till the Oakland game and hope everyone forgets about my bombastic ramblings.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2010, 12:50 PM
If the offense scores TDs then they won't have to rely on the erratic Jeff Reed.........Just for extra points and I think Reed still can make those.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Reed is still money for PAT's, any kicker in the league better be able to make those with their eyes closed every time.

The Pats have a good defense so even if we do score some TD's I have a feeling we're going to need Reed to come through for us this weekend in some way. Like it or not he's our kicker and the fans need to get behind him and support this guy.

Clevelandsux
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I have lost all confidence in Reed. I hope the game does not have to come down to him.

super cleats
11-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Reed is still good in the playoffs, when he screws up in the playoffs, then the question marks occur.

i still wouldnt pay him like janikowksi ever.

Diamondhead
11-13-2010, 02:08 PM
It's going to be "happy hour" for Jeff, come Sunday night.

Pittsburgh 26
Blue-Bloods 24

Game summary:

Reed converts six field goals (including the game winner) plus runs in a two-point conversion.

As Ben takes a final knee to end the game, teammates douse Jeff with a cooler of lime flavored Budweiser and then carry him off the field as the stadium thunderously chants his name.

At the post game presser, when asked how he felt after he drilled the 49 yarder to ice the game, a bare chested Jeff punctures a hole in a can of suds with his cleat and shotguns the contents. He then crushes the can flat against his forehead.

Meanwhile, Goodell fines James Harrison 20 grand for making "mean faces" at Tom Brady.

I support ya, Jeff. Don't leave me holding the kicking tee, brother!

Callax
11-13-2010, 04:19 PM
If he blows a FG or 2 in this game, I think he'll be gone by monday morning!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Reed is still money for PAT's, any kicker in the league better be able to make those with their eyes closed every time.

The Pats have a good defense so even if we do score some TD's I have a feeling we're going to need Reed to come through for us this weekend in some way. Like it or not he's our kicker and the fans need to get behind him and support this guy.

I was joking about the Reed and extra points...lol The Pats defense is really nothing special.....The Steelers offense should be able to exploit them but so far this year the offense has been inconsistent due to suspensions, injuries, poor execution........Of course play calling but no need to continue to beat a dead horse about BA....lol

SteelDad
11-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Strange, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm predicting he will nail a game-winner late in the fourth. I also agree however, should he miss a few he will be toast. Anyone have Peter Czech's number?

HUNT4SEVEN
11-13-2010, 06:13 PM
F^%K Jeff Reed he is a P.O.S in my book, hopefully we won't need to rely on him anymore this year and dump his Dumb drunk @$$ at the end of the year

Steel Trap86
11-13-2010, 06:30 PM
It's going to be "happy hour" for Jeff, come Sunday night.

Pittsburgh 26
Blue-Bloods 24

Game summary:

Reed converts six field goals (including the game winner) plus runs in a two-point conversion.

As Ben takes a final knee to end the game, teammates douse Jeff with a cooler of lime flavored Budweiser and then carry him off the field as the stadium thunderously chants his name.

At the post game presser, when asked how he felt after he drilled the 49 yarder to ice the game, a bare chested Jeff punctures a hole in a can of suds with his cleat and shotguns the contents. He then crushes the can flat against his forehead.

Meanwhile, Goodell fines James Harrison 20 grand for making "mean faces" at Tom Brady.

I support ya, Jeff. Don't leave me holding the kicking tee, brother!

Jeff ? is that you ?

LatrobePA
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Until he can kick into the endzone once in a while, he's a goner! Doesn't help he's missing FG's....

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Until he can kick into the endzone once in a while, he's a goner! Doesn't help he's missing FG's....

Why is it he seems to be able to hit the endzone in the pre season??

Farrior Fan
11-15-2010, 08:00 PM
HOw is that reed-demption looking?

DanRooney
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I've got this feeling about the Patsies-Steelers game. Could be a Nostradamus like premonition or it could be the leaky muffler on my car. Either way, I think Jeff is going to make the difference in the game. He's going to make a significant Fg to pull this thing out.

Now, I know many are down on Reed. But I am here to make the bold prediction that you will be singing his praises after Sunday night. I have it on good authority that Jeff is really focused on this match-up and has promised to keep his pre-game warm-up down to a six pack of Old Milwaukee and a shot of Rumplemintz. How's that for taking things seriously, eh?

If I'm right, I'll be here gloating for a solid week. If I'm wrong and Jeff botches a chip shot with seconds left, I'll hide away 'till the Oakland game and hope everyone forgets about my bombastic ramblings.

Nice try Jeff. Your charade is up we know it's you. :nono:

Callax
11-15-2010, 08:35 PM
missed a chip shot and will be gone at the end of the season!!
at the latest, more like in 2 weeks gone

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Steelers Pondering Kicker Change
The Pittsburgh Steelers are contemplating a change at kicker, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Schefter adds that the team will be bringing free agent kickers in for workouts on Tuesday.

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was franchised in the off-season, and is earning a fully guaranteed base salary of $2.814 million this season. Reed is just 15-of-22 field goal attempts, missing at least one field goal try in each of the last three weeks.

Reed also missed both of field goal attempts, from 45 and 49 yards out, in the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the AFC North rival Baltimore Ravens in Week 4.

Reed chalked last night's miss from 26 yards out to the choppy turf at Heinz Field.

"I'm not one to make excuses," Reed said. "I'll take the credit for the miss. It was a great snap, a great hold, great protection. It's kind of hard when you plant your foot and the hole--a piece of ground moves where the ball's under the holder. I almost missed the ball completely.

"I'm not going to make excuses. If you've played any kind of sports in your life, you realize that what we play on is not very good turf. It happens."

Scorp
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
JUST GET RID OF HIM AND LET'S MOVE ON.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
"I'm not one to make excuses," Reed said. "I'll take the credit for the miss. It was a great snap, a great hold, great protection. It's kind of hard when you plant your foot and the hole--a piece of ground moves where the ball's under the holder. I almost missed the ball completely.

"I'm not going to make excuses. If you've played any kind of sports in your life, you realize that what we play on is not very good turf. It happens."

.."I'm not going to make excuses, but here's my excuse."

Zachintosh66
11-16-2010, 09:33 AM
No Stover or Shawn Suisham they are visiting the bungals today

I still wonder if this whole "cutting Reed" thing is real... havent heard it from anyone but schefter. Perhaps they are "leaking" that info, trying to scare Reed into getting his sh!t together...

Honestly, they tagged him with big $ I dont see him going anywhere till the season is over... unfortunately. Unless he blows the game winner vs Buffalo or something...

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
No Stover or Shawn Suisham they are visiting the bungals today

if the bengals are smart they let us get one of them and pick up reed...

he is better.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Reed is going nowhere, this is Tomlin head f'ing Jeff....

TampaSteelGirl
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
My friend said they released him already...looking for the link.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
If so he'll be in Cinci by the weekend...

Rampage
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
If so he'll be in Cinci by the weekend...

They just IR'd their kicker right? If so, you are probably right. They'll pick him up and he will kick some 50-yard miracle game winner at Heinz field to get even with this fanbase that has been so unjustly hard on him.

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Keep Arians... Release Reed... Sad....

We scored 3 points the First Half of the Pats Game. Thanks Jeff. See Ya!

SteelDad
11-16-2010, 12:05 PM
I really thought JR was going to come through for us Sunday, but I now have ZERO confidence in this guy. Thing that really pisses me off is that now we'll have to waste a draft pick on a damn kicker!

lloydfan4life
11-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Yeah... we're singing his praises alright! :rofl:

Great prophecy, Nostradamus........ Lemme guess, you're a weatherman too? :coffeecough:

Rampage
11-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I really thought JR was going to come through for us Sunday, but I now have ZERO confidence in this guy. Thing that really pisses me off is that now we'll have to waste a draft pick on a damn kicker!

I don't really worry about a wasted pick on a kicker. Look at how many picks this team has squandered in recent history. Is it any wonder that this team is aging so quickly?

Raleigh Steel
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
just heard over the phone on pittsburgh news...reed was cut today!