PDA

View Full Version : This is the 2nd most important game this yr

mwittman5
11-12-2010, 01:11 PM
if steelers beat the pats then they will be one game up on the ravens and hold the tie breaker over new england for a playoff bye or homefield. Also if the Steelers win and are one game up then if they beat baltimore and own the tie breaker that essentially is a three game lead since the Steelers would be two ahead and own the tie breaker. Big game :helmet:

super cleats
11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
if we lose this game we won't get to the super bowl, we wont win the super bowl anyway, im pretty sure new orleans may go back... and they whooped us.

coldrolled
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
cleats... what are you smokin' doin the wake n bake...

arians is planning on the SB with the Saints, so he didnt show any offense in the regular season game.. hes waiting for the SB....

mwittman5
11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Saints arent all that. Steelers played in new orleans and if heath hadn't fumbled that ball the steelers were gonna at least tie the game at 13.

Scorp
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
if we lose this game we won't get to the super bowl, we wont win the super bowl anyway, im pretty sure new orleans may go back... and they whooped us.

Pats just got by the giants a few years ago and they met in the super bowl and the giants denied the pats a perfect season and their 4th ring. Should the Steelers and saints meet in the big game....who knows.

Root4Stlrs
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Pats just got by the giants a few years ago and they met in the super bowl and the giants denied the pats a perfect season and their 4th ring. Should the Steelers and saints meet in the big game....who knows.

Exactly. And the Steelers smoked the Pats in Pittsburgh in 2004 and then lost the AFC championship game to them at home.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM

20-10 is hardly a whooping......The Steelers were only down 13-10 when Miller fumbled on that late drive........The Steelers played a poor game and could have won that game.....

I remember the Steelers getting blasted 26-7 by the Colts on Monday night football in 2005 since I attended that game.....What happened in the play-off rematch? That is right a Steelers win and the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl....

I'm all for being critical at times but really this team is 6-2 despite Ben missing the first four games......Really hard to ask for a better start then that......

I'm glad this team hasn't peaked yet especially on offense.......I rather the Steelers peak late then now........

By the way the Pats don't have a chance Sunday night.....The Pats are the most over-rated 6-2 in the NFL.....The Steelers will win by double digits.....book it

DIESELMAN
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm glad this team hasn't peaked yet especially on offense.......I rather the Steelers peak late then now........
That's right bro!! Hitting on all cylinders early in the season and being able to sustain it throughout the whole season is not easy to do. With the way our D is playing, the offense will catch up to their level of play just in time for the playoffs.

Goodfrom55
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Saints arent all that. Steelers played in new orleans and if heath hadn't fumbled that ball the steelers were gonna at least tie the game at 13.

Steelers - Saints on a neutral field will yield much different outcome.

super cleats
11-12-2010, 03:54 PM

0h ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WE ALWAYS GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME APART FROM ONNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MISTAKE.

We deserved to have lost to Miami, and if New Orleans had played properly in the first half, they would of whooped us, quit crying the homer talk, they are a better team than us and if we play again this season will probably beat us 31-17, they have the better defense and offense.

and dont say about "Oh we are the best scoring defense." yeah we played the buccaneers, browns and titans to start the season, not exactly trophy oponents.

some people need to get real

I remember the Steelers getting blasted 26-7 by the Colts on Monday night football in 2005 since I attended that game.....What happened in the play-off rematch? That is right a Steelers win and the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl....

That doesn't count, Manning is notorious for choking in the playoffs.

and i bet it's the other way around, Patriots will whoop us 28-17. gaurantee it, if not i will admit that im wrong, otherwise prepared to see how awesome brady is against lebeau.

toyed with him in the past l.m.a.o.

JensK
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
0h ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WE ALWAYS GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME APART FROM ONNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MISTAKE.

We deserved to have lost to Miami, and if New Orleans had played properly in the first half, they would of whooped us, quit crying the homer talk, they are a better team than us and if we play again this season will probably beat us 31-17, they have the better defense and offense.

and dont say about "Oh we are the best scoring defense." yeah we played the buccaneers, browns and titans to start the season, not exactly trophy oponents.

some people need to get real

That doesn't count, Manning is notorious for choking in the playoffs.

and i bet it's the other way around, Patriots will whoop us 28-17. gaurantee it, if not i will admit that im wrong, otherwise prepared to see how awesome brady is against lebeau.

toyed with him in the past l.m.a.o.

Uhm, you mean the same Browns that beat Patriots? No wait, let me rephrase: Who totally dominated Patriots in all aspects of the game. Awesome, I'll take it.

We did not deserve to loose in Miami. Dolphins had PLENTY of chances to beat us, and they did not. Saying differently is completely denial. Our defense came up big against Dolphins, and that is what secured our win in the end. You cannot blame a single bad call on an outcome. Good teams finds way to overcome those things, and Miami did not. Same thing with Ravens yesterday.

As for the Saints: To quote you:
if New Orleans had played properly in the first half, they would of whooped us

Let me put it this way. if Pittsburgh Steelers had played properly at one single point in that game, we would have whooped them.

For the rest of the opponents: Titans are very much in the playoff hunt. Bucs have the same score at 5-3 as well. They are by no means bad opponents!

You are allowed to have your opinion, and if you wish to believe Patriots will kill us come Sunday go ahead, but the rest is rubbish.

super cleats
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
oh yeah like how you took the saints for granted because they got whooped by the browns.

oh yes, i will look forward to your replies when on monday there are so many topics questioning our losses by the community.

I still stand by a 10-6 record.

JensK
11-12-2010, 05:03 PM
oh yeah like how you took the saints for granted because they got whooped by the browns.

oh yes, i will look forward to your replies when on monday there are so many topics questioning our losses by the community.

I still stand by a 10-6 record.

I did not take Saints for granted, nor do I take Patriots for granted, but it was you who said that we only had a good defense because we had played teams like the Browns. In the same post, you say that Patriots is going to beat us. The very same Patriots team, which got absolutely owned by Browns. Furthermore, it would not be all that legit to use Browns as example in both the Saints and Patriots game, as it was two completely different scenarios, both for Steelers and Browns.

Browns won over Saints in a 1pm game on 4 interceptions and some freak plays. A victory, sure, but a strange victory never the less. Everyone knew Saints would not play like that against Steelers, Sunday night at home on Halloween night.

Browns just destroyed Patriots in every single aspect of the game. No freak plays no nothing - just pure dominance in play calling and execution. The same Browns, which you used as example on why our defense was that good. There is just no logic at all to that. Especially if you, by that logic, say that Patriots will own us.

With that being said, I know that Patriots is a tough team, and Brady generally plays great against us. With that being said, this years Patriots is not as good as the previous Patriots team we have faced. I truly believe Brady misses Randy Moss more than the organization is willing to admit. Welker is not the same without him, their running game is not the same etc. etc. That leaves a very very young and unproven defense to pick up the pieces. I like our chances. I'm not saying we'll blow them off the field, especially with out **** poor play calling, but I am willing to say right now (and you may quote me): Patriots is not going to dominate Steelers Sunday night at Heinz Field. They may come out of there with a win, which i highly doubt, but it'll come down to the wire if they do.

steelers4life66
11-12-2010, 09:28 PM

I disagree, We had a horrible game on offense and if not for Millers fumble (god bless his soul) we would have beat them, or at least been sit up for a win. It reminds me of the 05 game against the Colts. We lost the first battle but won the war in the playoffs. I strongly feel if we see these guys again we will beat them. :helmet:

steelerschick1220
11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
This is a very important game. If we win this game it will make it very tough to the Ravens to win the divison. I really want this game. I want to make Brady cry.

Scorp
11-13-2010, 12:27 AM
:iagree: :goodpost: by all

Blazedby92
11-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Does seem to be alot of HOMER talk.
Didn't deserve to win against Phins and Saints played good but THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I would want to play that Offense when they are hitting on all cylinders either right know, because we all know the Saints aren't playing up to the ability of 08 and 09.

If the Steelers can blossom more on Offense it's going to be really Scarey for our opponents.

Oh and Cleats NO Way Saints D better than Steelers really good yes. Even with 4th Q meltdowns

JensK
11-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Does seem to be alot of HOMER talk.
Didn't deserve to win against Phins and Saints played good but THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I would want to play that Offense when they are hitting on all cylinders either right know, because we all know the Saints aren't playing up to the ability of 08 and 09.

It is true that we would have lost big time to Saints had they played like they did last year, but the did not, and they have not at all this season. If that was the logic which we should follow, one could also argue, that no team would be able to beat Steelers if we played by our 08 standard. The thing is, we don't.

I still believe that Dolphins had their chances. They had 5 chances of getting TDs, where they settled for FGs. In my book, that does not automatically qualify you to deserve to win. Obviously they got screwed on that last drive, but they should have closed that game way before. Good teams find ways to win:2cents:

coldrolled
11-13-2010, 09:02 AM
If the Steelers can blossom more on Offense it's going to be really Scarey for our opponents.

This is the week for Ben to open up and go no huddle right off the start..

Lets get things rolling.. take the pressure off this OL as much as possible.

Score fast and often..

When this game is over, there should be no talk of our defense at all.. the offense needs to make our defenses play a side note. then we beat brady.

Blazedby92
11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
It is true that we would have lost big time to Saints had they played like they did last year, but the did not, and they have not at all this season. If that was the logic which we should follow, one could also argue, that no team would be able to beat Steelers if we played by our 08 standard. The thing is, we don't.

I still believe that Dolphins had their chances. They had 5 chances of getting TDs, where they settled for FGs. In my book, that does not automatically qualify you to deserve to win. Obviously they got screwed on that last drive, but they should have closed that game way before. Good teams find ways to win:2cents:

One thing is I was talking about the potential of the Saints O which was just 9 months ago the 08 Steeler D was freakin 2 1/2 years ago huge difference plus they weren't unbeatable in 08 how can you say they would be unbeatable now:ply:Futball!!!

Any true Steeler fan knows we played like crap in Miami regardless and I didn't say we should of lost because of the goalline call I was talking about the horrible play in all aspects of the game.

I actually was agreeing with you on the Homer steeleer comments but now I see that you included yourself in that comment thinking we would have not lost the Miami game.

:popcorn:

--- Added 11/13/2010 at 08:56 AM ---

This is the week for Ben to open up and go no huddle right off the start..

Lets get things rolling.. take the pressure off this OL as much as possible.

Score fast and often..

When this game is over, there should be no talk of our defense at all.. the offense needs to make our defenses play a side note. then we beat brady.

Would love to see it Steeler O in the top five in scoring and redzone that would make our D that much better well it would also help if Reed could kick it into the endzone.

JensK
11-13-2010, 12:51 PM
One thing is I was talking about the potential of the Saints O which was just 9 months ago the 08 Steeler D was freakin 2 1/2 years ago huge difference plus they weren't unbeatable in 08 how can you say they would be unbeatable now:ply:Futball!!!

Any true Steeler fan knows we played like crap in Miami regardless and I didn't say we should of lost because of the goalline call I was talking about the horrible play in all aspects of the game.

I actually was agreeing with you on the Homer steeleer comments but now I see that you included yourself in that comment thinking we would have not lost the Miami game.

:popcorn:

The unbeatable part was, agreed, an exaggeration to prove my point - You cannot base a game this year on previous years strength. Especially not a SB winning team, as they just hardly never deliver on the same level as the year before. Not saying it never happens, but rarely.

As for the Miami game. I'm not sure what you mean by would no have lost. Sure, had that been a turnover we would have lost. Thats clear as anything. My point is, Miami had so many opportunities to put the game away, which they did not, therefore I don't think we robbed them or anything. It's not like Miami was outplaying Steelers by a large margin. They screwed them self more than anything. I totally agree that we played horrible football that game, but so did Dolphins. I never claimed anything else really, just disagreed that we did not deserve the win, as there was two teams on the field that day, both eager to beat them self and not the opponent. Dolphins succeeded :grin1:

Blazedby92
11-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Well then we agree because I was just saying that we didn't play good enough to convince me that we deserved it luckily neither did th Phins.

madtowndrunkard
11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
The two most important games this year are against the Ravens. It's looking like that last game against the Browns might be pretty important as well.

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:04 PM
could be more important if the jets lose :)

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:08 PM
could be more important if the jets lose :)

Unbelievable... Stuckey just fumbled in OT
BRUTAL

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
just saw it and almost puked up my beer, he should just went outta bounds he had the ****ing first down

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
just saw it and almost puked up my beer, he should just went outta bounds he had the ****ing first down

Yeah, 35 yard line... Few more yards and they woulda been in field goal range.
Unbelievable....

Big 3rd down here
Browns always find a way to do something wrong... or stupid.

NY Jets aren't exactly scaring anyone with their play lately.

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Browns d has been on the field all game long, cant put it on them, kinda like our defense being on the field to long

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
FOLK MISSED!!!!

A tie wouldnt be bad here either!!! only 3:18 now

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:26 PM
FOLK MISSED!!!!

A tie wouldnt be bad here either!!! only 3:18 now

we shoulda started a game thread lmao.

lets go browns d

--- Added 11/14/2010 at 03:26 PM ---

ok the jets are def gonna win now, do the browns have butterfinger grip on the qb today?

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:27 PM
we shoulda started a game thread lmao.

lets go browns d

Hah, yah.. I guess we hijacked this one
DAMN!! Rogers let him go...
Step it up D... they need to send some fresh bodies in their to blitz/pass rush

Folk likely gets another chance here... Hopefully from 45+ though

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Hah, yah.. I guess we hijacked this one
DAMN!! Rogers let him go...
Step it up D... they need to send some fresh bodies in their to blitz/pass rush

Folk likely gets another chance here... Hopefully from 45+ though

I dont think the jets are as dominant as the media portayes them to be, there is nothing scary about them at all, there defense couldnt get any pressure on mccoy today and revis has been a no show since he got beack the beggining of the season.

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow...
Only chance Jets win now is if Mccoy forces something here... Which could happen because Browns have to play for the win not the tie

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow...
Only chance Jets win now is if Mccoy forces something here... Which could happen because Browns have to play for the win not the tie

watson was the perfect opportunity and he missed, this game will be a tie now, so I guees thats good

--- Added 11/14/2010 at 03:37 PM ---

wow that was ****ing retarded, run the ball to give the punter more room, wow, tHIS ISNT GOOD

--- Added 11/14/2010 at 03:38 PM ---

Yes the jets will win, they got this, ****ing mangini, shoulda ran the fin ball

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Ugghhh... Santonio:banging:

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 05:40 PM
thats the browns we know, that is all manginis fault, shoulda ran the ball 3 times with 1 min left.

--- Added 11/14/2010 at 03:40 PM ---

Ugghhh... Santonio:banging:

we shoulda kept him, idc what steelernation says, we shoulda kept him, just imagine him,wallce and sanders. it woulda been lethal.

JensK
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
The thing is, Browns needed a victory. If they can't get anywhere near the play-offs, there is no point in winning too much really..

igor0190
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM

we shoulda kept him, idc what steelernation says, we shoulda kept him, just imagine him,wallce and sanders. it woulda been lethal.

If Santonio would have stayed a Steeler this year, he woulda been gone next year anyways. No way they would have re-signed him.

Yah.. the Browns went for the win.

BLACKnGOLD58
11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
thats the browns we know, that is all manginis fault, shoulda ran the ball 3 times with 1 min left.

It definitely would have been lethal, but I'm glad the Steelers didn't keep him. He's a pro athlete, and he's failing drug tests and he told a kid to kill himself over twitter....that's pretty immature...CMON MAN....I hope he never gets to another superbowl

steelchamp204
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
It definitely would have been lethal, but I'm glad the Steelers didn't keep him. He's a pro athlete, and he's failing drug tests and he told a kid to kill himself over twitter....that's pretty immature...CMON MAN....I hope he never gets to another superbowl

Yea your right, WE ARE doing fine without him, gotta look at it that way, but I dont think the jets are making the sb this year