PDA

View Full Version : For all the haters

chisteeler
11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Just read in the PG that is available on this site in the news section that the NFL officilas made two blown calls against the Steelers Monday night in Cincy. Tomlin filed a complaint and it was stated that neither foul should have been called. So to all the haters who say we get every call can go hug a root. The officiating is so biased against the defense league wide that it makes it hard to appreciate some of the offensive drives that are put together. Thanks Goodell..."rolls eyes and spits chew juice!"

Clevelandsux
11-12-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree! The call on Hampton was bs. So was the Pass interference call against T.O. He cried like a whiney bitch like he is, and they threw the flag. Almost cost us the game.

The reason why everyone thinks we get the calls is because we win.This even goes back to the 70's, immaculate reception, sb 13, 79 afc c game. I mean remember that non-call vs Jacksonville in the playoffs a few years ago? Garrard runs 30 yards, and there were about 3 holds on that play.

How about James Harrison and Lamar Woodley being put in a stranglehold every week?

You can find crappy calls in about every game. So when you win, you're always going to called a cheater or dirty. F the haters!!!!!!

Root4Stlrs
11-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Just read the same article. Good teams have to overcome bad calls, which is what the Steelers did in Cincy thanks to Harrison and Taylor. Bad calls happen all the time. The Ratbirds are all whining big time about calls this AM.

LatrobePA
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Just read the same article. Good teams have to overcome bad calls, which is what the Steelers did in Cincy thanks to Harrison and Taylor. Bad calls happen all the time. The Ratbirds are all whining big time about calls this AM.

Yea but I love it when it happens to them! lol

So the two calls were the Hampton and PI calls?

coldrolled
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
but for some odd reason the dual refs standing behind the tackles just cant seem to see any holding on harrison or woodley.. maybe they need to stand closer to the Tackles most of them are a bit old..

Root4Stlrs
11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Yea but I love it when it happens to them! lol

So the two calls were the Hampton and PI calls?

Yes, they said Hampton did not hit Palmer below the knee. Hit was to the thigh. And the PI call on Ike was bogus. I couldn't even see a reason for that call in the first place. It wasn't even a close one - the side judge right there didn't make the call.

I agree - I do like to see the Ravens victimized by the refs although I think they are overstating their case with the supposed offensive PI call they wanted on Roddy White. They did get jobbed on the grabbing the face mask call on Suggs, but Ed Reed also got away with hitting Ryan in the head when Ryan was sliding. Though that would have been pretty weak he actually appeared to hit him harder than the guy who brushed his hand across Peyton Manning's helmet last week-end. It's a clear hit to the head and should be fined based on the precedent they have set with the witch hunt on James Harrison.

LatrobePA
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes, they said Hampton did not hit Palmer below the knee. Hit was to the thigh. And the PI call on Ike was bogus. I couldn't even see a reason for that call in the first place. It wasn't even a close one - the side judge right there didn't make the call.

I agree - I do like to see the Ravens victimized by the refs although I think they are overstating their case with the supposed offensive PI call they wanted on Roddy White. They did get jobbed on the grabbing the face mask call on Suggs, but Ed Reed also got away with hitting Ryan in the head when Ryan was sliding. Though that would have been pretty weak he actually appeared to hit him harder than the guy who brushed his hand across Peyton Manning's helmet last week-end. It's a clear hit to the head and should be fined based on the precedent they have set with the witch hunt on James Harrison.

Yep, it all evens itself out in the end...Blown call here, then a make up call there!

super cleats
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
anyone got a youtube vid when that pass interfernece happened, i was having a **** when it happened and i walk back into the run and we then 27-21 :(

igor0190
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
What I usually look at when considering the refs bad calls...

Which team played better and deserved to win the game?

1. The RATS did not deserve to win that game. Falcons outplayed them most of the game. Rats were lucky to have a chance at the end of the game.

2. On the other hand, the Ratbirds deserved to lose to Buffalo a few weeks back. They were outplayed and the Bills had a terrible call on that fumble strip at the end of the game when they were 15 yards from FG range.

3. Steelers also outplayed Miami, so any bi#chin' and moaning about that goaline call falls on deaf ears imo.

Raleigh Steel
11-13-2010, 07:48 AM

1. The RATS did not deserve to win that game. Falcons outplayed them most of the game. Rats were lucky to have a chance at the end of the game.

2. On the other hand, the Ratbirds deserved to lose to Buffalo a few weeks back. They were outplayed and the Bills had a terrible call on that fumble strip at the end of the game when they were 15 yards from FG range.

3. Steelers also outplayed Miami, so any bi#chin' and moaning about that goaline call falls on deaf ears imo.

it might fall on deaf ears in steelers nation, but the rest of the world are part of hater nation. what will fall on deaf ears is the fact that the league apologized for two blown calls that went against the steelers, but the steelers managed to overcome them and win anyways. that's what winners do...losers whine!:tt02:

coldrolled
11-13-2010, 07:56 AM

there was a worse call in the endzone for the bills... that took away a perfect TD also.

LarryNJ
11-13-2010, 08:33 AM

My 2 biggest pet peeves in life are #1: Has nothing to do with sports or this thread, but I needed to rant about it. :rant2: A waitress, cashier, or other lady that calls me hun, babe, love, sweetie or any other term along those line. :cursin:

#2 Which is more on the topic. Bitching about bad calls by a ref or umpire.Well I guess the bitching is OK, but what I can't handle is blaming a loss on a bad call or calls. When I was very young playing baseball after a loss our pitcher was complaining to the coach saying the umpire missed this call and that call and that's why we lost. Our coach simply ask him who made more mistakes the ump or you? Of course he had many more bad pitches than the ump had bad calls. I believe that's the case in every game. For every one bad call by a ref you can find 5 plays where the team made mistakes.

What is the real purpose of a coach filing a complaint with the NFL? What good is a letter saying sorry we made a mistake? Do they feel that it may help them get a call in the future? Maybe it will work the opposite way. You call out a ref and he may have a hardon for you next game he does. Maybe it's simply to help teach them. Although I'm sure they look at tape and see their mistakes without someone letting them know.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2010, 09:25 AM
I think Tomlin filed the complaint because he wanted to make the referee's aware they are in fact calling more crap against the Steelers to (I believe) impress Goodell. They know Goodell wants a crack down on the Steelers and other hard hitting defenses so they are subconsciously (or not) making more calls against the Steelers. Goodell's philosophy as he stated on the air is to throw the flag on questionable hits and penalize on the field as well as impose a monetary fine after the fact. Too many time players are being fined for plays that were not called a penalty so his solution is to flag as many as possible.

I think the complaint filed by Tomlin is his way of "calling out" the referees and the NFL. These were clearly improper calls and gave decided advantage to the opponent. Since they came back to back in the 4th quarter how can they not admit to undercutting the Steelers? Whether they are making an effort to help the opponent or simply trying to undercut the Steelers is immaterial. Referee's should be impartial and not worried about trying to impress the commissioner. :cursin:

igor0190
11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Those were terrible calls, back to back, at a pivitol point in the game. The interference call in particular was unbelievably bad because it was awarded based on whining by owens after the play. These calls could have easily decided the game had it been closer, giving 50 yards in bad penalties on one drive is basically giving the other team a touchdown.

Tomlin was just seeking assurance from the league that his players did nothing wrong. It's water under the bridge, but hopefully it helps those referees in particular understand what they did wrong so that they don't do it again.

Root4Stlrs
11-13-2010, 09:46 PM
My 2 biggest pet peeves in life are #1: Has nothing to do with sports or this thread, but I needed to rant about it. :rant2: A waitress, cashier, or other lady that calls me hun, babe, love, sweetie or any other term along those line. :cursin:

#2 Which is more on the topic. Bitching about bad calls by a ref or umpire.Well I guess the bitching is OK, but what I can't handle is blaming a loss on a bad call or calls. When I was very young playing baseball after a loss our pitcher was complaining to the coach saying the umpire missed this call and that call and that's why we lost. Our coach simply ask him who made more mistakes the ump or you? Of course he had many more bad pitches than the ump had bad calls. I believe that's the case in every game. For every one bad call by a ref you can find 5 plays where the team made mistakes.

What is the real purpose of a coach filing a complaint with the NFL? What good is a letter saying sorry we made a mistake? Do they feel that it may help them get a call in the future? Maybe it will work the opposite way. You call out a ref and he may have a hardon for you next game he does. Maybe it's simply to help teach them. Although I'm sure they look at tape and see their mistakes without someone letting them know.

My understanding is that they get graded by the league who watch tape on every game and give a grade on the refs' performance. They don't want to blow calls because getting low grades may prevent them from refing big games like the playoffs or SB. I saw a program about Ed Hochuli several years ago (before his really bad call in San Diego vs Denver??) -- it showed him getting called by someone from NFL management of officials who went through his crew's performance with him. I was thinking at the time that it must be pretty stressful to have to make those calls as fast as the game is played and then to get graded on every aspect of your performance.

super cleats
11-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Just because someone gains more yards doesn't mean they played better.

that is just pure homer talk, the dolphins deserved to win, disagree is lying, staying in a closet and not admitting anything.

BUT I FORGOT WE ALWAYS ARE SUPPOSE TO GO 16-0

LarryNJ
11-14-2010, 11:18 AM
My understanding is that they get graded by the league who watch tape on every game and give a grade on the refs' performance. They don't want to blow calls because getting low grades may prevent them from refing big games like the playoffs or SB. I saw a program about Ed Hochuli several years ago (before his really bad call in San Diego vs Denver??) -- it showed him getting called by someone from NFL management of officials who went through his crew's performance with him. I was thinking at the time that it must be pretty stressful to have to make those calls as fast as the game is played and then to get graded on every aspect of your performance.

I'm sure it is stressful but being held accountable is part of most jobs. It's has to be even more stressful now because they are being asked by the league to call the game different than they ever have in the 20+ years they have been refs. And to make it worse no one really knows what they want them to call. I don't buy the it's all about being against the Steelers BS. There are many other instances the last couple weeks from many teams.

igor0190
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
the dolphins deserved to win

Obviously you were watching a different game than most. Even the Dolphins media said the call on the endzone fumble was bad, but they didn't deserve to win the game anyways. :popcorn: