PDA

View Full Version : If Jeff Reed misses another kick...

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
That is makeable from 40-49 yards this week against the Patriots in the 2nd half or late in the 4th quarter that could possibly put the game away,tie the game,or win the game and the Steelers dont beat the Patriots because of this then I think Tomlin,Colbert and the front office have got to seriously at least consider bringing somebody in to push Jeff Reed. Now I know they probably wont do that and a lot of people on here wont agree with this but as good as this team is this year and with the inconsistent way Jeff Reed is kicking FG's so far this season at some point down the line in a game late in the year or god forbid in the playoffs Reed is going to end up costing the Steelers a big big game if things keep going the way they are now. He already was a big big reason the Steelers lost the Ravens game here seeing that he completely shanked the 2nd kick he missed which was 45 yards. He has dodged two bullets big time already this year in the Atlanta game opening day,and the other night in Cincinnati missing two kicks of 40 yards and 45 yards that both could have iced the game or won the game.

The defense bailed him out on both of these critical misses in both of those games. If it was not for the Steelers defense stepping it up when they absolutely needed too in both the Atlanta game opening day,and the Bengals game the other night the Steelers could easily be sitting here at 4-4 instead of 6-2 and Jeff Reed would be a big big reason for that and anybody that says otherwise is in denial...I know a veteran guy like Jason Elam I think is still out there and while he is a little up their in age he has been very good throughout his career kicking the ball in a tough place like Denver most of his career before going to Atlanta. That is one possible guy the Steelers could at least bring in to look at if Reed continues to shank kicks late in the game at the rate he is doing it so far this year.

I'm going to continue to stand by Reed and support him, but if he misses a kick this week against the Patriots late the game where you know this game is going to be very close and it could come down to a kick then I am officially off the "Reed will be okay" bandwagon and I will be screaming for Tomlin and Colbert to bring a few guys in to kick that could potentially push Reed and let him know they arent going to keep tolerating him missing FG's that could possibly decide games. Who is with me on this idea of the Steelers at least exploring their options if Reed continues to **** the bed late in the game??

Goodfrom55
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I am 100% support of your claims. Reed has fallen out of favor with me because he misses very makeable FG's (for a professional), and being overlooked are his lousy kickoffs. My opinion, he needs to lose some weight.

If he misses a 50+ FG, I understand because that is a 50/50 proposition. But there is no excuse, IMO, as a person who was a kicker in both HS and college, to have less than an 80% conversion rate on opportunities from 40-49 yards.

I am already calling for them to bring someone in and at least push Reed. What happened to the Czech kid they had in here over the summer? Reed is playing himself right out of a contract.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I agree with u both...Reed has wore out his welcome a long time ago:yesnod:, and the only reason he stayed on the team this long was because he use to be money IMO...Now he sucks so :bigfinger: u Reed and don't let the door knob hit u on the way out...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
It's going to take more than him missing a crucial field goal this coming weekend before they will make a move. They haven't done that since Jeff first got the job when Cowher auditioned him and a few others that rainy, cold, day at Heinz after Kris Brown was so bad they had to make a move.

I highly doubt they will make a move to release him mid season unless he really starts tanking everything. Reed was in a funk a few years ago where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and was missing FG's every weekend, even chip shots. He worked his way out of that and I'm guessing Tomlin is hoping he'll work his way out of this inconsistent funk he's in now. I'm not saying I'd be opposed to finding someone else necessarily but I think it would do more harm than good right now. With the majority of the December games at Heinz the last thing they want to do is break in a new kicker who has no clue what's going on in a place like that.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
It's going to take more than him missing a crucial field goal this coming weekend before they will make a move. They haven't done that since Jeff first got the job when Cowher auditioned him and a few others that rainy, cold, day at Heinz after Kris Brown was so bad they had to make a move.

I highly doubt they will make a move to release him mid season unless he really starts tanking everything. Reed was in a funk a few years ago where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and was missing FG's every weekend, even chip shots. He worked his way out of that and I'm guessing Tomlin is hoping he'll work his way out of this inconsistent funk he's in now. I'm not saying I'd be opposed to finding someone else necessarily but I think it would do more harm than good right now. With the majority of the December games at Heinz the last thing they want to do is break in a new kicker who has no clue what's going on in a place like that.

It was actually Todd Petersen who Jeff Reed replaced and Cowher brought in for not Kris Brown in the middle of the 2002 season. Brown had already left and signed with Houston during that off-season after he had a horrible 2001. As for Reed if Tomlin is hoping he will work his way out of it he had better start doing it and doing it soon before these huge games in December against the Ravens and Jets. After this week's game with the Patriots the Steelers play the Raiders and the Bills in two games they definitely should win, and also 2 games where hopefully Reed will not be a big big factor in deciding the game but he can still kick a few mid-range FG's in cold weather in Pittsburgh and Buffalo and regain his confidence back before the Ravens game in 3 weeks on December 5th.

Ill say this much if the Steelers are driving in the last few minutes against the Patriots and need to get into FG range to win the game Tomlin had better make damn sure he gets that FG between 30-35 yards because anything over 35 yards that Reed has to make to win a game or tie a game I have absolutely no confidence in him at all. You are to the point now with Jeff Reed when you are driving into FG range that you just cant rely on getting it within 45-50 yards and thinking Reed has a legit shot of making it. You better get it as close as possible for him because the way he is kicking now he can miss any kick from any range. He is no longer reliable and until he proves otherwise the Steelers have a big reason to be concerned with Reed the rest of this season moving forward...

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2010, 07:09 PM
I wuish Reed didn't even fly back from Cincy with the team.

DanRooney
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Might as well use a 4th rounder on a kicker. Wasting such a high pick on Sepulveda is a lot better than drafting a potential stud, then giving him away for nothing.

Goodfrom55
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Alex Henery - Nebraska.

Diamondhead
11-10-2010, 10:59 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2007/06/jeffreed1.jpg

"Dudes, don't tell me the party is over between us..."

Farrior Fan
11-11-2010, 12:06 AM
if Reed misses another kick I'm gonna get a surviving Kennedy to take BA and Reed on a car ride over a whole bunch of bridges.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 02:16 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2007/06/jeffreed1.jpg

"Dudes, don't tell me the party is over between us..."

He certainly has bad taste in women. I promise you boys and gals....he will miss another.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
It was actually Todd Petersen who Jeff Reed replaced and Cowher brought in for not Kris Brown in the middle of the 2002 season. Brown had already left and signed with Houston during that off-season after he had a horrible 2001. As for Reed if Tomlin is hoping he will work his way out of it he had better start doing it and doing it soon before these huge games in December against the Ravens and Jets. After this week's game with the Patriots the Steelers play the Raiders and the Bills in two games they definitely should win, and also 2 games where hopefully Reed will not be a big big factor in deciding the game but he can still kick a few mid-range FG's in cold weather in Pittsburgh and Buffalo and regain his confidence back before the Ravens game in 3 weeks on December 5th.

Ill say this much if the Steelers are driving in the last few minutes against the Patriots and need to get into FG range to win the game Tomlin had better make damn sure he gets that FG between 30-35 yards because anything over 35 yards that Reed has to make to win a game or tie a game I have absolutely no confidence in him at all. You are to the point now with Jeff Reed when you are driving into FG range that you just cant rely on getting it within 45-50 yards and thinking Reed has a legit shot of making it. You better get it as close as possible for him because the way he is kicking now he can miss any kick from any range. He is no longer reliable and until he proves otherwise the Steelers have a big reason to be concerned with Reed the rest of this season moving forward...

It's all a blur after Kris Brown man, he was supposed to be the savior of the kicking game..LOL.

Honestly 43, and Craig Wolfley made a good point about it in his podcast following the Bengals game this week. In the eyes of Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers coaches & players, Reed has done enough in career to warrant giving him the chance to work his way out of his inconsistent funk. He's been pretty accurate and reliable for many many years with us. Yeah I know he doesn't make the best off the field decisions, and he spoke his mind more than he should of recently about his contract, but overall he's been very effective and won us a ton of games over the years.

Replacing him mid season would do more harm than good as we head into the wild winter weather at Heinz. Skippy would have to totally bomb out and miss every kick over the month of November before Tomlin would entertain the thought of replacing him.

Now, this is precisely the reason that Tomlin and Colbert didn't give Reed his big extension coming into 2010. His off field issues were a distraction and he did miss some kicks last year. They basically wanted to see how he handles himself this year both on and off the field. Since the season started he's been fine off the field, but on has been suspect. We just have to have hope that he can work his way out of this.

coldrolled
11-11-2010, 12:45 PM
hopefully we se the pats kicker miss the game winner.. it is his first start as kicker for the pats this week....

LatrobePA
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
hopefully we se the pats kicker miss the game winner.. it is his first start as kicker for the pats this week....

He's a scrub...

Blazedby92
11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
It's Shayne Graham I thought, he played for the Bungles

jnes1216
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice pic Scorp! Tell drunk Einstein to put a shirt on and make the f*&kin' kicks.

LatrobePA
11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
It's Shayne Graham I thought, he played for the Bungles

Right, he won us a couple games (missing)...

Scorp
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
He's a scrub...

We don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that gets no love from us. Missing easy field goals that he's made many times. :yellowthumb:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM
The reality is we are going to have to tough out the season with Reed. We need more O-line and D-line backups before a new kicker. I hope next year we go in a different direction with the kicker,because Reed is just not getting the job done.

Callax
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM
what a douche, good thing he has good kicking history, cuz he is N. F. L. unless the starts hitting long distance kicks!

Diamondhead
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM
He certainly has bad taste in women. I promise you boys and gals....he will miss another.

Yeah, but I wager Reed "split the uprights" that night, so to speak.:lol:

xxxsteelernation
11-11-2010, 08:59 PM
i was on the reed chopping block after the saints game and the cincy game. but look at it this way yea his a kicker and he has only so much on field time compared to others. yea he had a couple kicks that he shanked in chicago last year and thats a horrendus field for field goals anyhow. secondly after those missed he was pretty much automatic. last is when ben or ward has a bad year we don't call for their head or if harrison is 10 sacks less we would as him to be cut. So reed is having a poor beginning of the season, lets see how he does the rest of the way before we start calling for his head.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, but I wager Reed "split the uprights" that night, so to speak.:lol:

Well, tell that big tit, shirtless, horny bastard to think of the goal posts as a woman's legs sweetly spread. As for the football....well....he can use his imagination. :lol: :grin1:

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Believe me in no way am i saying the whole team isn't to blame here but if reed doesn't blow that basically extra point of a field goal it's a 7 point game when they tried the onside kick. if he would have made that they would have kicked it away, and possibly and i do mean possibly the way our defense played and could have had a chance to tie. he has reached a all time low and has got to go now!!!!!!!!!!!

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah that was..embarassing (for Reed). You miss a chip shot field goal in a game like this? Really Jeff? We all know you're pretty accurate when hitting those paper towel dispensers, how about channeling some of that energy into kicking your field goals?

He's 44.4% at home..that's gotta be a record.

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Do we need yet another Reed thread?

Cant we just have official anti-reed/anti-BA threads we can go to every week instead of posting the same repeats every week?

Black@Gold Forever32
he should be shot.....really what a clown.......good luck getting that 3 million a year now Jeff....lol Hit the road Jeff and don't you come back no more no more..........

steelersbabex25
Do we need yet another Reed thread?

Cant we just have official anti-reed/anti-BA threads we can go to every week instead of posting the same repeats every week?

He hit a new low this week though.

Prosdo
11-15-2010, 01:24 AM
I have to agree. I really do hope that is the last game I see Jeff Reed in a Steeler uniform. He has had enough chances to turn it around. The only thing he has been consistent at is being inconsistent. You can hang on to the days of Mr. Automatic if you want, but he is no longer Mr. Automatic. If he isn't gone then there is no accountability on this team.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Reed was pretty fired up tonight according to the post game show on the radio network. He lost it in the locker room tonight. He apparently had some choice words for the fans, the turf at Heinz, and pretty much everything else.

I have to wonder how much it's in his head right now and he just isn't the Reed we knew and loved before. He has to be questioning himself big time right now.

On that missed 26 yd. attempt, he clearly hit the turf before so it was doomed from the start.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Reed was pretty fired up tonight according to the post game show on the radio network. He lost it in the locker room tonight. He apparently had some choice words for the fans, the turf at Heinz, and pretty much everything else.

I have to wonder how much it's in his head right now and he just isn't the Reed we knew and loved before. He has to be questioning himself big time right now.

"ITS THAT DAMN TURF I TELL YOU! And those fans, they were just so loud. How am I supposed to kick a field goal if I can't even hear myself think?"

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 02:00 AM
**** jeff reed!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwittman5
11-15-2010, 02:35 AM
jeff reed's postgame audio: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/11/jeff-reed-patriots-post-game-press-conference/

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 02:48 AM
After hearing reeds comments i say once again **** Jeff Reed, the turf , the fans , the media , his shoes , his hair gel and god only knows what else he could have come up with with a little more thought . Face it bottom line is you suck this year , grow a set of ****ing balls when your not drunk !!

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2010, 02:55 AM
When you put it all together starting from the preseason when this guy was complaining about more money, it's time to bring in another kicker. If for nothing else, to push him.

He's missed too many.

DanRooney
11-15-2010, 03:11 AM
the paper towel pugilist strikes again!

but tomlin is a moron and will make no changes!

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
jeff reed's postgame audio: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/11/jeff-reed-patriots-post-game-press-conference/

What an ***. He keeps saying "I'm not gonna make excuses," and yet he keeps making excuses. & missing a 25 yard field goal is FAR from perfect.

And to say, "it's like the fans come just to bash me.." Come on Reed. You really aren't that important.

Prosdo
11-15-2010, 11:59 AM
What an ***. He keeps saying "I'm not gonna make excuses," and yet he keeps making excuses. & missing a 25 yard field goal is FAR from perfect.

I noticed the same thing. He has to realize you have two jobs. Kick the ball deep on kick offs and make field goals. When that's all your paid to do they are gonna ride you for not doing it. That's not different than any other player on the field.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
If I worked at McDonalds and kept forgetting to put the meat on the Big Macs, would I still have a job?? HELL NO, no excuses!

Reed you stink man!!

Steelersfan
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
If I worked at McDonalds and kept forgetting to put the meat on the Big Macs, would I still have a job?? HELL NO, no excuses!

Reed you stink man!!

I couldn't agree more!!...........:clap:

StlersGuy
11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I think its time we give Jeff Reed the boot...

*Sent from my HTC Droid using the Now Network..

Rampage
11-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Reed you stink man!!

This post sums it up completely. If you or I were only 68% effective at our jobs, chances are that we would find ourselves on the waiver wire. Reed gets paid millions of dollars to exercise and kick a ball. I understand that a kicker is going to be stressed out; however, I do not understand how he can have the gall to blame the fans and make so many excuses. Yeah, if it was one or two misses this season, perhaps the excuses would fit, but it isn't. He just does not have it this season and he is looking for a way out of the blame.

Scorp
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I said he would and the bastard did. An easy one at that. Bring in Janikowski, that bastard can make 80 yarders.

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
What is it with that beard? lol. I always thought Reed looked a little fruity to start with.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
any one available on the waiver wire?

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 01:57 PM
any one available on the waiver wire?

The polish kicker from camp??

But this would mean Tomlin would have to upset a vet...

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Word from Jeff Reeds mommy. Quit picking on my Jeffy! He's trying very hard.

Farrior Fan
11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
If Jeff Reed misses another kick....it will now be for a different team. Thank God, I'm tired of the whining and the misses. And who knows maybe Suisham can put a kickoff at least to the goalline.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
redirected here since Reed has been cut as of today..

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26811