PDA

View Full Version : Jason Allen for Keenan Lewis

coldrolled
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Dolphins Waive CB Jason Allen
To add Al Harris to the 53-man roster, the Miami Dolphins have placed cornerback Jason Allen on waivers.

The 16th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft out of the University of Tennessee, the 6-1, 213-pound Allen has 172 tackles and 8 interceptions in 69 games with the Dolphins.

harpo
11-10-2010, 02:23 PM
He's not that good and gets beat a lot in coverage. They should pass on him and work with what they already have.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Lewis was beasting all over the place in the offseaon and training camp..then he got torched and hasn't been active since. He was going to be the odd man out anyways most likely because of getting BMac back and with Gay stepping up and playing well this year.

coldrolled
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
anytime you can upgrade why not... every player on the bench is one injury from playing, so why not be ready with a better bench player..

Zachintosh66
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Here we go another guy gets cut, another guy we should sign to our team *rolls eyes*

harpo
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
anytime you can upgrade why not... every player on the bench is one injury from playing, so why not be ready with a better bench player..

I don't know if we can say Allen would be a better bench player, especially since Dick LeBeau runs one of the most complex defenses in the league. You would have to consider the time it would take for Allen to become adjusted to the terminology, the assignments, the blitzes, the run scheme, etc.

I just think that if we don't have anyone seriously injured, there's no need to bring in someone else who I don't think is any better than what we already have. Just my humble opinion. :imho:

coldrolled
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Here we go another guy gets cut, another guy we should sign to our team *rolls eyes*

just making conversation... goodell is getting old and injuries suck...

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Right... why not sigh Jarrett from Subway also:lol:, i don't want another teams player that the team that cut him doesn't want either, i rather stick it out with Keenan at this time because of the reasons stated by Harpo:tt02:

Goodfrom55
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
So far, Ike has been lights out, but B-Mac has been pretty soft.

Blazedby92
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM

:plus1:

just making conversation... goodell is getting old and injuries suck...

Hey you can always talk about BA...wait a minute you do every post.
It's nice to see you spread some hate around to more people keep it up, LOL:nahnah:

Steelersfan
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
First off, Gay sucks as a DB! (no pun intended!)

Second, why no mention of Clark through all the rants? What has he done this year? Not much. Really haven't heard much of either safety since the first couple games.

Bmac has been average.

Ike has been great.

Troy has been up and down but I like his energy these past couple games.

Clark, well...... not sure what to say here.

Gay, I can't even go get a beer during the game and he is burnt!

Anyways, like always our DB's are only as good as the pass rush. The Steelers have had an average secondary since the days of Woodson, Lake, Perry and etc.....

K Train
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
gay is playing well in his role this year....no way he should have been on TO though...wtf

clark has always sucked

oh and jason allen is no use to us...ef that noise

DanRooney
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Gay has been pretty pisspoor in coverage. I'd demote him to STs ace and put him in blitz packages. I'd like to see what we have in Butler.

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree, if he can't stay with the Dolphins we don't want him. But he probably is better than Gay.

coldrolled
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=Blazedby92;377637Hey you can always talk about BA...wait a minute you do every post.
It's nice to see you spread some hate around to more people keep it up, LOL:nahnah:[/QUOTE]

BA Who?

coldrolled
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
lets see how he does..

Texans Claim CB Jason Allen Off Waivers
Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports the Houston Texans have claimed cornerback Jason Allen off waivers from the Miami Dolphins.

Safety Dominique Barber, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee today, was placed on IR.

greennick
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I know our secondary is suspect, but are we really going to fix it by adding some has beens from other teams? We need a genuine #1 CB in the draft to go with Ike.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Forget Jason Allen and Keenan Lewis.....I would be all for the coaches giving Crezdon Butler a chance.......He is a rookie and just a 5th round pick but in my opinion he fits our defense well and has decent ball skills.......