PDA

View Full Version : Run defense in the record books after Bengals game

jpele
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
The Steelers held the Bengals to just 64 yards rushing on Monday night, becoming the first team in NFL history to hold its opponents to 75 or fewer rushing yards in each of their first eight games of a season.

jnes1216
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Is Fred Taylor back for the patties? Or are they going with Green-Ellis and Woodhead still? I wouldn't be surprised if they try real hard to establish the run game. Woodhead is a tough player for his size, I hope the D doesn't lose track of him like they did vs Jones Drew. Different body types, but woodchuck could get by you without you seeing him. Especially coming out of the backfield for screens etc.

steelersbabex25
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
It's not the run defense that I'm worried about

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2010, 04:35 PM
It's not the run defense that I'm worried about

Right it's definitely not the run defense I'm concern with... it's the Offensive Game plan/ play calling that I'm worried about,to me Ben doesn't looks like he's back up to game speed either, if he was working out with a Pt while he was out for 4 weeks why is his arm so weak already?I hope Ben gets out of his funk soon or we will be in for another long season again this year... this is my:2cents:

Goodfrom55
11-10-2010, 04:40 PM
In Ben's defense, when he has time, and space to step into a pass, it is a frozen rope. In the New orleans Game and vs. Cincy, even though he was only sacked once vs Cincy, the pocket was constantly collapsing around him.

The Pats won't run the ball as long as they can complete the 4 yard hitch, slant and stop patterns against the defense. Was nice to see the CB's play more press coverage on Monday night. Without the threat of a speedster on the Pats, I hope they use this press defense more. Most important thing the Steelers need to do on Sunday night is get off the field on 3rd down and do a better job defending the field between the hashes, 6-10 yards off the LOS.

steelersbabex25
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Right it's definitely not the run defense I'm concern with... it's the Offensive Game plan/ play calling that I'm worried about,to me Ben doesn't looks like he's back up to game speed either, if he was working out with a Pt while he was out for 4 weeks why is his arm so weak already?I hope Ben gets out of his funk soon or we will be in for another long season again this year... this is my:2cents:

I was thinking more about the pass defense, but that too I guess.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
If there's one thing the Steelers will always do first and foremost, it's stop the run. Come hell or high water if you are going to move the ball consistently it's not going to be on the ground.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Tom Brady plain and simply will be the only reason that the Pats win this game Sunday night at Heinz Field if they do. If he plays well and doesnt make mistakes and makes plays on our defense the Pats chances of winning are pretty good, if he doesnt play well, gets sacked,turns the ball over and is out of sync the Pats have no chance in this game. The Steelers offense should be able to put up a lot of yards on this Pats defense it's not very good at all. Their problem is going to be finishing drives off for 6 instead of 3 and Bruce Arians and Mike Tomlin holding Ben and the offense back with ridiculous untimely bad play calling...

Blazedby92
11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Tom Brady plain and simply will be the only reason that the Pats win this game Sunday night at Heinz Field if they do. If he plays well and doesnt make mistakes and makes plays on our defense the Pats chances of winning are pretty good, if he doesnt play well, gets sacked,turns the ball over and is out of sync the Pats have no chance in this game.

Yeah if Brady turns it over i'm sure we do have a chance to win LOL

super cleats
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
and i though the 2000 ratbird run defense was good, were on pace to school that run defense.

brady will toy with our secondary on sunday, will be painful, i will laugh if we whoop them tho... please prove me wrong secondary

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Tom Brady can be forced into mistakes; you treat him the same way you treat Peyton Manning or any other pocket Quarterback. If you give them time they will pick apart any defense so you have to get in his face and pressure him. They use the short passing game to counter the pass rush but you can still get to him by clogging the running lanes and crowding the short to intermediate stuff.

Goodfrom55
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Exactly. Brady doesn't like to get hit, so if you take away the 4 and 5 yard crossing routes, etc. that they like to do, and force him to hold onto the football a little longer, the boys will get to him. . .

steelersbabex25
11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Exactly. Brady doesn't like to get hit, so if you take away the 4 and 5 yard crossing routes, etc. that they like to do, and force him to hold onto the football a little longer, the boys will get to him. . .

The problem with that is once Brady starts to cry, they start flagging our guys.

coldrolled
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok... but the Browns beat them... and didnt they go 38 to 30 with the bills.

jets won 28 - 14 , browns won 34 -14 the ryan brothers have the map to beat them...

maybe we should just play them like the ryan's do..

Root4Stlrs
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Spagnolo also had the formula in the SB. You've got to pressure Brady. He hasn't been able to get the ball to Welker as much since Moss has been gone. Hope they don't hit their stride this week in Pittsburgh.

Callax
11-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Running on Pitt won't win you many games...
PASSING on PITT and you might pull out a win, and tommie (lookin' like a bitch) brady is good enough to pass NE to a win if they don't put up some points or get pressure on tommie or force some T.O.!!

Speeed
11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I am sure Arians has it all figured out.