PDA

View Full Version : A look ahead to Sunday night

Scorp
11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
This is a short week for the Steelers. Preparation for the Patriots should not be taken too lightly and must begin now. Although the Pats were beaten by a.....Browns team, that does not mean that the Steelers will have it easy.

Let's look at this game and talk about it in all aspects. Sound off time SteelerAddicts.

TampaSteelGirl
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
:thud: I'm not ready just yet!

Scorp
11-09-2010, 11:47 AM
This week is passing swiftly. The Steelers can't let teams come from behind like they have. They need to play smarter, harder and better. The Pats are no pushover.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 11:57 AM
The Pats are going to be more than ready. You know Belichik has been working their buts off after that loss to Cleveland. They don't lose 2 in a row...doesn't look good for us. I'm not saying its impossible but we need to outwork them and neither our O-line nor our D-line are healthy. This one is going to be really tough!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Steelers-34

Pats-20

mwittman5
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Steelers must run the ball at least 30 times this week. Browns running game man handled the pats. Mendenhall has been running like a beast, let him loose

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Pats defense ranked 29th overall and we are sitting at 4th on defense.
think about that.... both teams are 6-2. our offense must really suck... we are +9 in turnovers that helps our win column alot....

Pats defense ranked 29th against pass and 21st against run...
Looks like a good balance of offensive play with some extra mendy could win this one.

K Train
11-09-2010, 01:55 PM
pats own the steelers....you guys had a bad feeling about the bums in cincy, ill take my bad feeling for the year and dedicate it to new england

jnes1216
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Ben needs to sharpen his game for us to win this one. He has yet to put together a complete game and win one by putting the team on his shoulders. Miller fumble may have negated a break through drive for Ben. I don't think he's played bad and he has made some great plays avoiding the ever present blitz, but he doesn't seem in command and his passes have been inaccurate for as much time as he worked on his mechanics during the suspension. I don't think its anything physical, I think maybe he's putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect. We were 3-1 without him and that may have added to that self derived pressure. His first response to the post game interview (on the field) was that he needed to protect the ball better. That's what a leader should say, no finger pointing etc, but its an indication of how he views the game. I hope he just relaxes and lets his teammates make plays and I think he will hit his stride. :tt02:

JensK
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Bruce Arians playcalling versus Bill Belichick's playcalling... Gonna be awesome!

They better call a damn near perfect game come sunday, or we'll get stomped. Patriots almost always play good games against us.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Less kicking more dink and dunk on 4th downs...

Patriots to Sign K Shayne Graham

The New England Patriots will sign free agent kicker Shayne Graham, reports Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald.

Graham is being signed to temporarily handle the kicking duties for Stephen Gostkowski, who is expected to miss the next few weeks with an injured quadriceps.

igor0190
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Bruce Arians playcalling versus Bill Belichick's playcalling... Gonna be awesome!

They better call a damn near perfect game come sunday, or we'll get stomped. Patriots almost always play good games against us.

BA will spend all the time in practise this week preparing for the Patriots 4-3 defense.....

and then realize satuday afternoon that the Patriots run a 3-4

STEELERS appear to be 4.5 point favorites

Farrior Fan
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
BA will spend all the time in practise this week preparing for the Patriots 4-3 defense.....

and then realize satuday afternoon that the Patriots run a 3-4

STEELERS appear to be 4.5 point favorites

BA goes to practice? I seriously thought he had proof that the Rooneys were funding Bin Ladin and they had to let him call plays or he would go to the press. You know its bad when my 7 year old is asking "daddy why did he call that play, I would have run it"

super cleats
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
i think we will get owned because of the secondary...

... a similar 2007 score.

jnes1216
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Best defense vs Brady like all other good QB's = keep him off the field. Brownies showed us the blueprint, we need to run the ball.

harpo
11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Best defense vs Brady like all other good QB's = keep him off the field. Brownies showed us the blueprint, we need to run the ball.

Hopefully, Bruce Arians will do just that....but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ejsteeler
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not convinced our O-line will be up to the task. It will be interesting to see if, and I don't know why I think this we have no reason to, BA adjusts and calls the game effectively. We can easily win if done right. We have to be patient with the run but the only way we can do that is keep them from scoring and forcing our hand. The reverse is how we need to handle them. Pretty basic, I know, but that's all it takes. Nothing fancy.

jnes1216
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not convinced our O-line will be up to the task.

Kugler had a lot of practice with shuffling his o line in Buff. last year. Let's hope he can be effective here as well. With all the substitutions in the line, you would think run blocking would be easier to accomplish than pass blocking with all the calls and blitz reads.

coldrolled
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Keyword ... Brownies showed "US" the blueprint..

BA is already thinking thats what they think he will do is run, because thats what the other teams in his shoes would do after a 184 yard running game from hillis.... so ba is thinking bubble screens... but, really ba needs to run all deep routes with the WR's and see how the new LT can hold up.....

seriously, someone needs to get the stats on how many times we ran to the right and the left on cinci.... and then see how many times we run left and right this week with the pats. i bet ba runs more to the left this week with the new LT... :thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Belichick rarely loses 2 in a row so I look for him to come out firing on all cylinders and try to get our defense on it's heels early. On defense they are going to come after Ben big time from the left, that's a no brainer. If they have early success they won't let up all night.

Arians and company need to find a way to counter the pressure. The best way is to use the quick passing game and establish the run. Do that and the pass rush will back off. Don't do that and we're in trouble. I like chances on offense if we can get Ben some time to throw.

On defense they have got to crowd the short to intermediate passing game and make Brady hold the ball longer so the pass rush can get there. A healthy Keisel will be a big asset for sure. They cannot let the Patriots dink and dunk their way to the goal line. the X factor for them is Kevin Faulk, that guy is a 3rd down killer.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
we will be fine until the 4th qtr. at that time all bets are off. i don't know bout anyone else but for me, it is lookin like last year all over. up against the pats you play like that and it ain't gonna be pretty for the steelers. i hope like hell i am wrong. oh yeah, little jeffy has got to show up sober and on target.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 01:18 AM
We'll see which qb is more clutch in the 4th should it be a tie game.

coldrolled
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
On defense they have got to crowd the short to intermediate passing game and make Brady hold the ball longer so the pass rush can get there. A healthy Keisel will be a big asset for sure. They cannot let the Patriots dink and dunk their way to the goal line.

:plus1::plus1:

they need to knock brady off his timed routes..... hes like a human metronome back there.. our defense will be better off giving up the one long ball and focus on stopping the dink and dunk which is their run game.. or our defense will be dragging their tongues in the second half.. cover short routes and blitz like crazy...

--- Added 11/11/2010 at 08:57 AM ---

plus brady may be a bit slower.......

Brady battling foot sprain, expected to play Sunday

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady missed practice today because of a foot sprain, but the injury is not considered serious enough to keep him out of the game on Sunday, according to a league source.

Brady did not practice today for the first time this season because of the foot injury.

Brady's time on injured reserve in 2008 with a knee injury was the only time he has missed a game since he earned the starting job in 2001.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
How many times has he had so called trouble with that foot sprain over the last 2-3 years and he still plays....well, i don't want to say it, but he still plays ok. That foot sprain will be no factor whatsoever.

LatrobePA
11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
It's all about pressure on Brady...Limit his checks!

Offense, their D can be scored on, it's up to Ben and BA to come up with a game plan. Run run and run some more!!!

Blazedby92
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
i bet ba runs more to the left this week with the new LT... :thinking:

Considering Scott sux at pass blocking that is probably what they need to do that's why he will call the usual pass plays

jackhammer1
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Arians puts in 50 pass plays 10 run plays. Steelers lose by 2 when Reed misses 40 yard field goal with 30 seconds to play. Brady passes for 437 yards, Pats run for 36 yards. Score Pats 30 Steelers 28.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Arians puts in 50 pass plays 10 run plays. Steelers lose by 2 when Reed misses 40 yard field goal with 30 seconds to play. Brady passes for 437 yards, Pats run for 36 yards. Score Pats 30 Steelers 28.

I do hope you're joking bro. Except for Reed missing a field goal.

Raleigh Steel
11-11-2010, 02:35 PM
here's what i'm looking for this game.

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/steelers-talk-f1/week-10-steelers-vs-patriots-t2148.htm#20691

SteelDad
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Biggest match-up IMO is whatever WR they get lined up on Bill Gay. If the Pats find ways to get Welker and Edelman on Gay we are in trouble. The Pats have beaten us with the dink and dunk forever and I see it no different after what Brees did to us.

jackhammer1
11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I wish I were joking, but with Arian you never know.

Scorp
11-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I wish I were joking, but with Arian you never know.

True......True. Cheers bud. :beer2: