PDA

View Full Version : From Tomlin's Post-Game Presser

SteelDad
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
"As I sit here right now," Tomlin said after his team hung on, "I'm not concerned at all because we won."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/1101893-66.stm#ixzz14msR6P6N

You're not concerned at all? The Steeler Nation would kindly disagree......

You have mounting injuries to an offensive line that when healthy is below average.

Your offensive coordinator is, well, offensive.

Your QB is pressing and is struggling to read the blitz.

Your corners cannot cover.

Your D-line is once again in shambles with the loss of Keisel last night.

Your kicker is about as consistent my bowel movements.

You looked like a deer in headlights as Cincy came back last night.

You have the Patriots coming in who will dink and dunk us to death.

I know, I know you're 6-2. Tied for the best record in the League right. Weren't we in this exact same position last season? Short week Coach and a pissed off team coming in to Heinz. Who's gonna step up and lead this team?

harpo
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
That's just Tomlin being 'Tomlin' to the media. Do you think he would admit that he's concerned publicly? How would that look to the players? They keep everything "in house", which is how it should be. Whatever concerns he has (and he has a lot of them, I think), he will talk to his players and coaches about it. That's what coaches do. That's why they practice and make adjustments.

This team is 6-2, not 2-6. They'll be fine. :yellowthumb:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I also believe this was Tomlin's game face for the press. He sees the problems, starting with the offensive line. I am not certain he or LeBeau see the trouble with the 4th quarter defense. As long as they keep playing that prevent crap these 4th quarter opponent comebacks are going to continue and eventually come to an unfortunate result.

SteelDad
11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I completely understand what you are saying guys regarding 'press conference Tomlin,' but I'm just speaking in generalities as a fan. I certainly hope he has a plan to address thses issues and that it doesn't start with 'unleash hell.'

BLACKnGOLD58
11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
"As I sit here right now," Tomlin said after his team hung on, "I'm not concerned at all because we won."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/1101893-66.stm#ixzz14msR6P6N

You're not concerned at all? The Steeler Nation would kindly disagree......

You have mounting injuries to an offensive line that when healthy is below average.

Your offensive coordinator is, well, offensive.

Your QB is pressing and is struggling to read the blitz.

Your corners cannot cover.

Your D-line is once again in shambles with the loss of Keisel last night.

Your kicker is about as consistent my bowel movements.

You looked like a deer in headlights as Cincy came back last night.

You have the Patriots coming in who will dink and dunk us to death.

I know, I know you're 6-2. Tied for the best record in the League right. Weren't we in this exact same position last season? Short week Coach and a pissed off team coming in to Heinz. Who's gonna step up and lead this team?

I literally just read that and was going to post that on here. You said it all. Good Post.

--- Added 11/9/2010 at 07:42 AM ---

I completely understand what you are saying guys regarding 'press conference Tomlin,' but I'm just speaking in generalities as a fan. I certainly hope he has a plan to address thses issues and that it doesn't start with 'unleash hell.'

hahaha we definitely don't need to hear another one of those statements coming out of Tomlin. Unfortunately, I don't see Tomlin, Bruce, or Dick making any adjustments. It's going to be the same s*** week after week. IMHO

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Updates via plane ride home:

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
The Steelers virtually dominated the entire game last night and just basically got too complacent and fell asleep after the Mike Wallace TD from El. The defense went into prevent defense mode which did nothing but prevent them from winning the game and closing it out sooner, and just dumb,stupid,untimely penalties and the Ben interception gave the Bengals every opportunity in the world to get back into the game and actually win the game in the last minute. These are definitely things that are correctable and things that can get fixed so that they dont happen again. Because moving forward the Steelers now know after this wakeup call they cannot afford to fall asleep on anybody in the 4th quarter even if they are up by 3 TDs and have a 20 point lead. Overall, it was great to escape with the win and glad that Pouncey and most of the o-line looks to be in pretty good shape. Looks like Kemo is going to be okay too doesnt appear too serious from all the early reports...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Tomlin isn't foolish enough to start giving into the media and barking about all the things he's concerned about. He knows we have issues on this team, but he knows we're 6-2 and finding ways to win close games that we lost last year.

I agree with 43, the Steelers took it to the Bengals all night long and literally went to sleep after Wallace scored that big TD from Randel El. It's hard to turn it back on after you've turned it off, but they managed to do it on that last drive and find a way to stick it to the Bengals.

Bottom line is they found a way to win against a team that had their backs to the wall and refused to go quietly. They make it harder on themselves by back to back games with a 4th quarter turnover but hey, would, coulda, shoulda. You get up on a team and then let them back in but you win the game in the end. That's what counts, regardless of how much work needs to be done with personnel or scheme.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Lets not forget on the road too...There is no easy game this year!

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
5 of the last 8 games are at Heinz Field now as well. While there are definitely no easy games as we saw last season if the Steelers do get by the Pats on Sunday and move to 7-2 there is no excuse in the world for not beating the Oakland Raiders at home no matter how much improved they are this season,and not going into Buffalo and smacking the **** out of a winless Bills team...A win this week against the Pats and the Steelers should easily be 9-2 going into the Baltimore rematch on December 5th. I just dont want to hear people coming out here saying Oakland is 5-4 and is improved there is no excuse in the world for not beating them at home this year and losing to them 2 years in a row at Heinz Field. Oakland as improved as they are they have still lost games to ****** *** teams like Arizona and San Francisco and got blown out in Tennessee a place the Steelers won at...My point again NO EXCUSE to not be 9-2 going into Baltimore if we beat the Pats on Sunday night at Heinz Field...

SteelDad
11-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Guys, good teams and good PLAYOFF teams don't go to sleep after getting big leads. They put the hammer down and don't stop pounding until the clock reads all zeroes. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased to be 6-2, but I feel like every week I'm watching the same bad movie.

coldrolled
11-10-2010, 07:55 AM
The Steelers virtually dominated the entire game last night and just basically got too complacent and fell asleep after the Mike Wallace TD from El. The defense went into prevent defense mode which did nothing but prevent them from winning the game and closing it out sooner, and just dumb,stupid,untimely penalties and the Ben interception gave the Bengals every opportunity in the world to get back into the game and actually win the game in the last minute. .

Point made.. but we punted every drive away in the 3rd qtr?? we scored in the 4th...
then really laid down...

When arians was with the browns, they were beating us by 21 or 23 points... he kept passing with the lead into the 4th qtr and we picked up int's and i think a fumble and won the game... arians has no game control in his lead head.... face it. he is our achilles heal.

he is why ben doesnt look like manning.. our OL looks like crap and is hurting.. we are bull rushed for 4qtrs.. no OL can take that kinda punishment. if ben wasnt 245lbs..
he would be on the IR with Dixon... Arians has to go...

if a QB keeps passing crap balls and killing his WR's on the field in coverage, hes a bad QB..

Arians is like that.. calling crap plays and games and killing this whole offense.

DIESELMAN
11-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Guys, good teams and good PLAYOFF teams don't go to sleep after getting big leads. They put the hammer down and don't stop pounding until the clock reads all zeroes. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased to be 6-2, but I feel like every week I'm watching the same bad movie.

Exactly!! I'm hoping as the season continues, we develop the attitude of burying a team once we have them down. But as long as we play conservative on both sides of the ball once we get a lead, then like u said, we will be watching the same bad movie every week.