PDA

View Full Version : Troy not Troy of old but...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Same can be said with Clark. Both of them are not playing at a level that we're not used to seeing them at. Let's not confuse things here though, they are still playing like good safeties do but they aren't making the epic plays we're used too. We get spoiled by seeing the great Polamalu making crazy plays, and the big hitter Clark out there ripping someones head off.

Troy is missing some plays but he is making some. Clark is making some plays but missing them. We're used to seeing these guys come up huge every weekend and right now they are playing their role and nothing more. I think both will admit they are leaving plays out there but if we're going to criticize them lets make sure we do it while being fair.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Our corners are dreadful. McFadden is regressing in every game he's playing and Ike doesn't look so fast anymore. Gay looks fine blitzing, but is **** poor in coverage.

Scorp
11-09-2010, 01:05 AM
I think Troy is Troy. He can't play like he did against the Patriots back in 08 or the way he did against the Falcons in wk. 1, or against the chargers and ravens in the 08 playoffs. I think he still plays the best that he can and he's not always going to be everywhere on the field for every play. Troy is just doing what Troy does and Troy is just playing football the only way Troy knows how. Dominating.

K Train
11-09-2010, 01:07 AM
the corners arent playing that bad, i really think some of lebeaus calls are becoming too predictable.

clark has always sucked btw....troy had a better game than he did last week

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
I am sorry the secondary needs a lot of work. I must say Ike has been doing better this year and I cant complain about him however Gay is a different story. I feel like he is always getting burnt and at the worst times...like if he got burnt on 1st and 10 at there on 20 for 30 that i can live with but its like 3rd and 15 at mid field for 30 he gets burnt on.

as far as Troy goes, he is playing well just not the one or two plays a game that makes you go HOLY CRAP, as long as that comes back in the playoffs I will be happy. I could never say anything bad about him, he never quits and gives it his all.

LarryNJ
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Troy will be on Mike & Mike today at 9:30

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Troy playing at the level he is now is still above average to most Safeties in the league. Like I mentioned, we're used to seeing Super Troy out there, defying gravity and blowing your mind at any given second. He's been in the league for quite awhile now too. When you get spoiled with play like that over the years you feel like something isn't right when he starts coming back to earth.

BMac has some good games and some not so good games, he is a sure tackler though as is Ike. Nobody is more critical of Troy than Troy himself, he knows his play isn't as good as before but I don't doubt his desire or heart or dedication to get back to where he was, as much as he can atleast.

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Where is Keenan Lewis and Butler at?? Any chance they could get some more work or see some more snaps at practice?? One would probably doubt it...

harpo
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Troy will be on Mike & Mike today at 9:30

He will be a guest on the Dan Patrick show today as well.

Where is Keenan Lewis and Butler at?? Any chance they could get some more work or see some more snaps at practice?? One would probably doubt it...

Dick LeBeau sees these guys everyday in practice. If He doesn't think that they're ready to take on his complicated defense, then they won't see the field. It's one thing to have speed, but you also must be a good tackler to play in LeBeau's scheme.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Teams are figuring out how to beat Troy...Took them long enough!

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM

not sure about the beating troy part, but we played alot of good QB's already this year, with new and improved WR's added to their rosters...

troy and clark have had their hands full covering the field.. plus noone is running on us..
so everyone is passing more. plus our trio ike, mcfadden, gay are not revis island..

if clark is bad... how bad is Allen and Mundy?

we are fine on D... We need to get our running game fine tuned to keep the other side off the field.. 3rd qtr last night was awful, a huge lead and we punt away the ball the entire qtr..

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
For me when a WR gets behind a safety, he has been beat...But bringing Troy up in run support will allow them past him...So I don't know!

Scorp
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Troy won't be beat. Troy just can't be beat. :yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Troy is fine, lets think to he des have knee problems and is still making plays, Clark is playing bad because of these new hit regs he has to follow, I saw a couple lastnight were he usually rocks the **** outta the receivers but he let up on. Our defense is fine, its the offense we need to worry about

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=K Train;377240]the corners arent playing that bad, i really think some of lebeaus calls are becoming too predictable.

THIS is definitely the case we are way to predictable on defense we have been running the same schemes since Lebeau was here in the early 90's...It's time for a change, also our offense is so predictable that a DC who's coaching a different defense 5 years later had the same success he had 5 years ago when we played against him in J.ville that tells me we need to really clean house this off season and get a new OC and DC:thinking: