PDA

View Full Version : 2-1 on this 3 game roadtrip was huge...

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I had mentioned time and time again how important it was to win this game and be evened with the Ravens at 2-1 in the division going into our game with the Ravens on December 5th and that's exactly what they did and got it done. The Steelers won the 2 AFC games and the one division game you had hoped they would have won on this trip and lost the one game you had hoped they would lose if they were to lose the game and that was to the Saints an NFC team where no tiebrakers came into play. Now as I had mentioned so many times this week even if the Steelers do lose to the Patriots this week and beat the Raiders and Bills the following 2 weeks and end up at 8-3 going into the Ravens game, and the Ravens win their next 3 games against Atlanta,Carolina,and Tampa and end up at 9-2 going into the Steelers game the Steelers if they beat the Ravens and even the overall records at 9-3 would now jump the Ravens in the division and control their own destiny to win the division for the rest of December because they would have a better division record then the Ravens with the Steelers being 3-1 and the Ravens being 2-2. That's why it was so damn critical to win this game tonight against the Bengals because the Steelers absolutely needed to make the Ravens pay for losing that game to the Bengals early on in the year and that's exactly what they did tonight winning this game in Cincinnati. They did something the Ravens didnot do and now with a few winnable game coming up have a shot to control their own destiny to win the division now and get that number 1 and 2 seed with 5 of their last 8 games at Heinz Field...

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Troy with all due respect ,didn't ya see all the other posts that we suck and should just concede the division title now?? Thanks for giving me some hope !!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Most definitely 43, we knew we had to go atleast 2-1 during this stretch and we somehow managed it. It wasn't easy, it was ugly, but we are still tied atop the division and we get to come home now to Heinz. Even if it is against a reeling Pats team.

This is the next step in this season. The first month we said we had to go atleast 2-2, we went 3-1. This stretch we had to go 2-1 and we did. The next step comes up with some home games and a chance to get some momentum.

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Very true, I think that this win was huge no matter how it looked and people need to understand EVERY division game is a hard game. I think key next week is that we are back home and we need to get the running game going and CONTROL the clock...Steelers need to start turning it up and make sure they don't drop one of these games we should win Raiders/Bills/Carolina/Browns (???)

Moondog
11-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Exactly...2-1 on this roadtrip is huge and I'm not about to concede a loss to the Pats. It's homecoming at Heinz field, it will not be easy for Bill and the boys.

jnes1216
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Costly one tonight for injuries.
Keisel
Starks
Kemoeatu
Redman
Moore
Wonder if we'll see anything from Dwyer next week.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Keisel
Starks
Kemoeatu
Redman
Moore

I actually hope we get to see Dwyer next week. The Pats won't know what's coming.

JensK
11-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Keisel
Starks
Kemoeatu
Redman
Moore

As far as I've heard, Kemo is the only player who may be out for next week, although I guess Keisel is a question mark. Those hamstring injuries are tricky, especially reaggrovated once. Could be a matter of a few days, or a couple of weeks again. With that being said, I would really like to see Dwyer activated and get a few snaps. Kid can play, thats for certain.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2010, 04:31 AM
As far as I've heard, Kemo is the only player who may be out for next week, although I guess Keisel is a question mark. Those hamstring injuries are tricky, especially reaggrovated once. Could be a matter of a few days, or a couple of weeks again. With that being said, I would really like to see Dwyer activated and get a few snaps. Kid can play, thats for certain.

So the Steelers were down to one healthy RB tonight?.....I missed the game due to starting a new job....First Steelers game I have missed in 10 years.....

What the hell happened tonight with all the injuries?......I'm reading our OL was dropping like flies and RB's.......lol

I would sit Keisel a couple more weeks to let his hamstring heel 100 percent....We need Keisel for the long haul......

I would expect Dwyer to dress next week as well........

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Keisel
Starks
Kemoeatu
Redman
Moore

young guys cant play on our team... they need three years......
they wont understand our intricate offense...:popcorn:

did worilds play for woodley or harrison to give them some air... nope...

do we really need moore running up the middle for mendy?? no..
dwyers would look a bit stronger than moore... and faster than redman.
dwyers probably would look good in the 22 double also. and maybe he could run it to the left side?

DIESELMAN
11-09-2010, 07:47 AM
We can never talk about how important these division games really are. No matter what anyones record is, the AFC North is one of the toughest ones in the NFL. The games are more physical and more demanding then any other game we play. That's why it so important for the Steelers to be even more ready to play these games, even against the cellar dwellers. One bad game makes it harder to catchup to win the division.

PS: Congrats on the new job Danny!!

SteelerNC
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm glad Pouncey made it back in too

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Losing to the Saints definitely sucked but like 43 made a thread about last week, I'd rather win this game and the Miami game than beat the Saints but lose to the Bengals. We're on the tail end of a monster stretch in this season finishing up with the Pats this Sunday night. We made it thru the road portion with a 2-1 record but this stretch as a hole is as hard as it gets this year. If we can somehow manage a win this weekend at Heinz we will continue to be in a great position regardless of the Ravens do.

jtferg4
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Omg your right i havent even thought that far. Playing the Bengals is always a important game to win but now i see. Lets go at least 2-1 until we meet up with the Ravens and then rip right past them. This gives me hope that we can win the division and take first seed. Lets beat the Pats anyways lol.

Clevelandsux
11-13-2010, 01:40 PM
The Ravens losing thursday night certainly helped. But, Now Harrison is questionable!!! I still want to beat the pats no matter what. It would kill me, if we lose to them and saints both, while Browns beat them. We need to start playing inspired ball.

We haven't played a descent game since the Cleveland game. Come on defense! And the Raiders aren't a lock either. We've lost to them the last two times we've played them. And they are getting better.