PDA

View Full Version : Calm down people, Steelers are a work in progress

mwittman5
11-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Ugly win of course, but they won and a win is a win. The Steelers are a work in progress and for a work in progress to be 6-2 is excellent. Ben is still getting into his rhythm and once he takes off the offense will

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
When you tell people to calm down, they tend to get more upset. Just a psychological viewpoint.

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Ugly win of course, but they won and a win is a win. The Steelers are a work in progress and for a work in progress to be 6-2 is excellent. Ben is still getting into his rhythm and once he takes off the offense will

:plus1:

POUNCEY APPEARS TO BE FINE!! :banana::banana:

Lets hope Kemo is too... He was trying to return to the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Thank you, finally somebody else has said it. I don't know why we are surprised that the Steelers let a team hang around. It's what they do lately, it's nothing new. They are a work in progress. The line was beat up tonight, Keisel was out again, etc. We're 6-2 right now and last year we would have lost this game.

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
People need to realize that NOTHING is pretty and gonna be easy. We play to the level of our competition. Thats how it is and always will be. All of you and yes I am calling you out saying how this was terrible and blah blah blah need to stop complaining. Its Steelers football they never blow people out. They need to fix a few things but at the end of the day they are the Steelers the team we all love.

GO Steelers

all you people need to stop complaining its okay to say what they need to work on but don't say all the other crap that is exactly that Crap....well except with BA lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Finally another voice of sanity!! The team is a work in progress hell if we were undefeated right now ,some of these people would still be bitchin !! We still got 8 more games to fine tune for the playoffs . :tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:50 AM
There were sign's tonight that BA is making adjustments here too. The first end around to El didn't work but he came back to it with a different twist and faked out everyone. I know BA drives us nuts but give him credit too when he does call good plays and the players execute them properly.

It's ugly but it's a win and they stuck together, didn't panic, and the defense came together when it had too.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
There were sign's tonight that BA is making adjustments here too. The first end around to El didn't work but he came back to it with a different twist and faked out everyone. I know BA drives us nuts but give him credit too when he does call good plays and the players execute them properly.

It's ugly but it's a win and they stuck together, didn't panic, and the defense came together when it had too.

I don't know how much adjusting BA is doing, but I clearly saw Ben change the play at the line of scrimmage when he read blitz. I saw it on a few occasions that turned into great runs for us. Maybe Ben does the adjusting that makes BA look less foolish or maybe BA is making progress (finally), not certain which...just hope the trend continues.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
7-2 sounds much better, can you believe it's game week already!!

F- the Pats!!

LarryNJ
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
There are many positives, Mendy ran very hard on that last drive in the 4th, Wallace gets better every game great job on the TD from ARE, Pouncey is a stud, Harrison, Woodley and even old man 51 are playing good, we threw to the TE's, ST other than Reed are very much improved over last year.

There is more parity in the league than anytime I can remember. It's all about who's playing the best in Dec & Jan. As long as we are getting W's and showing improvement it's good.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Larry makes a real good point; there is no over the top dominant team in the league right now and there hasn't been for years. The "best teams" in the league are vulnerable on any given week. Colts, Pats, Steelers, Ravens and other good teams have lost atleast once to a team they should beat. The Steelers are 6-2, anybody on here would take that record in a hot second. Nobody else in the league is any better than we are right now, everybody has weaknesses in some way.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 09:15 AM
we cant lose.. bottom line were steelers... we cant even win ugly either..... farrior had a good game. hope he has enough left for the short week.

next week. cover man to man with tight coverage and hit off the line to break the timing plays and blitz like crazy... brady usually doesnt like that .. the jets have lots of tape with this D strategy... if we drop back 8 yards we will have a long night.