PDA

View Full Version : REED HAS TO GO NOW!!!

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Im sorry, but I have no confidence in reed anymore, not ven from 30 yards out, He uses the excuse for his kick to the ketchup bottle on the wind and such, but this is pathetic, He IS NOT clutch anymore, Noone has confidence in him, and also, he cant even get touchback which can end up HUGE depending on the sitaution of the game, the man needs to go. just buy 30 packs reeds and call it quits.

Clevelandsux
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Bringing back memories of Roy Gerela, Kris Brown.Reed is a drunk buffoon. His behavior isn't warranted anymore, because he sucks.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
He made a 53 yarder and missed on a 46...it happens. Nothing should surprise us with him this year, he's been erratic at best. They aren't going to cut him mid season.

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Bringing back memories of Roy Gerela, Kris Brown.Reed is a drunk buffoon. His behavior isn't warranted anymore, because he sucks.

..Mitch Berger.

Sorry that was totally irrelevent. But doesn't just hearing his name make you cringe?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Nobody is more upset than Reed. He's usually automatic but this year for whatever reason he just can't get consistent on anything over 35 yds. Nobody knows if he'll be around after this year but Tomlin isn't going to cut him mid season.

Scorp
11-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I guess it's Reed's off season. Get it....off season? Yeah anyways, he's going to be ok.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Who cares about the kicker, Reed missed a 34 yarder and made a 53. We're not gonna cut him mid season because he missed a field goal during a game that we won. That Bengal kicker though lol he's terrible

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I guess it's Reed's off season. Get it....off season? Yeah anyways, he's going to be ok.

Punny

Big T
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Its not the fact that he missed a 46 yard field goal, that **** happens and I get it....It's the fact that he consistantly misses HUGE kicks when the game is on the line. Ya he made a 53-yarder when it didnt mean too much, but he's been choking something ridiculous on pressure kicks.

Scorp
11-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Punny

Punny? :grin1: :thinking:

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Punny? :grin1: :thinking:

Get it, punny? Mix between pun and funny

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
..Mitch Berger.

Sorry that was totally irrelevent. But doesn't just hearing his name make you cringe?

HAHAHAHAHAH ill take Reed just NO MITCH!!!!!! even though totally two different positions

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
He made a 53 yarder and missed on a 46...it happens. Nothing should surprise us with him this year, he's been erratic at best. They aren't going to cut him mid season.

:plus1:

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I bet if we lost be 2 points you guys would be bitchign about him or arians for some reason, just sayin

steelersgal86
11-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Nobody is more upset than Reed. He's usually automatic but this year for whatever reason he just can't get consistent on anything over 35 yds. Nobody knows if he'll be around after this year but Tomlin isn't going to cut him mid season.

very true...I miss the old Reed...when he would come out to kick a field goal I would want to watch it, when you knew he would make it...now I hope and pray he makes it and I dont want to watch :eek1:

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I bet if we lost be 2 points you guys would be bitchign about him or arians for some reason, just sayin

Arians sucks.. no need to bitch about him.. he is done... three years are up for this lead head.....

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Reed has lost his clutch....He's on the way out!

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Reed has lost his clutch....He's on the way out!

I agree, I think a new kicker comes in next season

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Just because he made the 53 yarder does not excuse him for missing the 45 yarder that for all practical purposes would have closed the game out. That is now 3 or 4 games where Reed has missed critical kicks in the final 5 minutes of the game or in the 4th quarter and it's getting really old and tiresome pretty fast. I just hope to god that Reed does not have to kick a game winning FG in the playoffs this year because if he does and you have to rely on Reed as inconsistent as he has been the Steelers are going to be in big big trouble. I could easily see Reed being a big reason why the Steelers lose a playoff game that's close because of missed FG's that should be made.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Just because he made the 53 yarder does not excuse him for missing the 45 yarder that for all practical purposes would have closed the game out. That is now 3 or 4 games where Reed has missed critical kicks in the final 5 minutes of the game or in the 4th quarter and it's getting really old and tiresome pretty fast. I just hope to god that Reed does not have to kick a game winning FG in the playoffs this year because if he does and you have to rely on Reed as inconsistent as he has been the Steelers are going to be in big big trouble. I could easily see Reed being a big reason why the Steelers lose a playoff game that's close because of missed FG's that should be made.

What he said!:clap:

WindyCityShaker
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I still WANT to believe in Reed, he (like the rest of the team), just need to get that killer instinct and focus back to start closing these games out.

That being said everyone is right, he's not going anywhere this season. We don't have the time to bring in another kicker to learn all the nuances of that stadium, but i'm all for exploring options for next year.

Goodfrom55
11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Usually a contract year brings out the best in a player, but Reed is struggling. I too feel very neverous about any FG attempt outside of 40 yards. Maybe they need to shake him up and bring in someone to "compete" this week. Vs. NE, have to convert all scoring opportunities. He makes that FG last night, the game is OVER. Instead, we sit through another nail biter. Thankfully we won.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM

Why wouldn't we be? The paper towel pugilist needs to go. Ben's facial expression after his missed kick was priceless. It looked like he wanted to strangle him.

Goodfrom55
11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Perfect conditions, good surface, light winds, and he shanked the kick. Credit where credit's due, he blasted the 53 yarder which was awesome. But as a professional kicker, (you) have to make the kicks 45 yards and in. Did the same thing in New Orleans and vs. Baltimore. . .not to mention his kickoffs suck.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Its not the fact that he missed a 46 yard field goal, that **** happens and I get it....It's the fact that he consistantly misses HUGE kicks when the game is on the line. Ya he made a 53-yarder when it didnt mean too much, but he's been choking something ridiculous on pressure kicks.

Well said:clap::clap:

Dee Mca
11-09-2010, 04:28 PM
We should be letting D-Sep handle the kickoffs. For no other reason besides he is just a beast and he can tackle.

Goodfrom55
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
We should be letting D-Sep handle the kickoffs. For no other reason besides he is just a beast and he can tackle.

KO coverage has been pretty good this season (when the kickoffs are good). If Reed is only going to kick the bal to the 10 or 15, then he'd better put some height on them. Line drive to the 10 yard line is recipe for disaster.

super cleats
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM

lmao reeds % is 70.0%

Zachintosh66
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Reed isnt going anywhere, right now... He is getting pd franchise tag money, and if they cut him they will still have to pay him regardless. We are stuck w him till the season is over...