PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey NFL rookie of the year

Lunchbucket
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I feel Pouncey will be our rookie of the year,but does anyone know if a center ever won Rookie of the Year for the League?or for that matter any offensive lineman?

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
It is so obvious how good Pouncey is... I was so worried, sad, mad, upset when he went down, regardless of the score. We NEED him. He is already a very key piece of the puzzle for this team.

When I heard he was back, my mood changed instantly. :banana::banana::banana:

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:36 AM
He's our offensive Aaron Smith. The player that goes down,
and you're pretty much sunk.

Big T
11-09-2010, 12:37 AM
He is by all means a worthy candidate and should be mentioned as so, but he doesnt score touchdowns or make interceptions so when it all comes down to it, he wont have a chance. Sad but true.

jnes1216
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
It is so obvious how good Pouncey is... I was so worried, sad, mad, upset when he went down, regardless of the score. We NEED him. He is already a very key piece of the puzzle for this team.

When I heard he was back, my mood changed instantly. :banana::banana::banana:

Exactly, when they had the aerial shot of him laying on the ground and moaning, I thought the worst.

Scorp
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
This boy is a huge asset for our team. Everything this guy does counts on every level. We're going to see him get better and just better.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
He's most definitely our rookie of the year, no question. I don't know how much of a chance he has for the league honors but he'd certainly get a vote from me.

K Train
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
he deserves rookie of the year, but so did mangold....dez bryant and mike williams have ben SO impressive though and they get stats....

pouncey is getting some national recognition over the last few weeks though so thats good

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I say lets get his brother and put him on the O line next year...i mean come on they basically have the same genetics....

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Im buying his authentic tommorow.

K Train
11-09-2010, 12:49 AM
..i mean come on they have exactly the same genetics....

fixed it for you lol

i wouldnt be surprised if we reached for him at the end of the first or traded up in the top of the second to get him....tomlin has joked about it several times, i want him no where near a snappable ball though hes a terrible center lol

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:57 AM
fixed it for you lol

i wouldnt be surprised if we reached for him at the end of the first or traded up in the top of the second to get him....tomlin has joked about it several times, i want him no where near a snappable ball though hes a terrible center lol

actually they don't if they where identical twins then yes, but still he would be a greattttt player to add to an Oline that always gets hurt

K Train
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
i just cant believe how perfect hes been, then he got hurt and came back to being perfect

Dee Mca
11-09-2010, 01:19 AM
With Mike having such a terrible year trying to be a center. I will only hurt him in the draft so he may still be around when it's time for us to pick

cmerrifield
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I cant remember who said it, but they said Pouncey is already the second best C in the league behind Mangold and he would be passing him soon. I think it was one of the Sunday night guys.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Pouncey scared a little shart out of me last night going down...I was glad to see him back!

He won't get rookie of the year, but I bet he gets a few Pro Bowl votes...

xxxsteelernation
11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
i don't know if he will make NFL rookie of the year, but i think he should get the team offensive player of the year. i think thoughout this season so far i only remember 1 holding call against him. (which was a joke) if there was more i don't remember hearing about them. tons of pancakes though, just give him some syrup and he's on his way to a very promising carrer

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Pouncey is a rockstar---to bad we can't get his brother to play guard next week

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Im getting a pouncey t-shirt jersey, if he becomes way better Ill get his authentic :)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Pouncey scared a little shart out of me last night going down...I was glad to see him back!

He won't get rookie of the year, but I bet he gets a few Pro Bowl votes...

You and me both, my heart just sank when he left the field and went to the locker room. The hit didn't look like it was that bad on the replays but I was afraid he had some sort of tib/fib fracture and was gone for good. When he came back out my heart started beating again...

Blazedby92
11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Im getting a pouncey t-shirt jersey, if he becomes way better Ill get his authentic :)

:thinking:

harpo
11-09-2010, 02:42 PM
He won't win it. They always give it to the "sexy" position player (i.e. skilled position).

I think either Mike Williams or Sam Bradford will get the nod.

JensK
11-09-2010, 02:43 PM
So far is has to be a battle between Mike Williams and Dez Bryant. Perhaps Bradford if they winning. No way they'll name a center OROY

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM
:thinking:

never heard of a tshirt jersey?

K Train
11-09-2010, 04:48 PM
i wouldnt hesitate on the authentic if your willing to throw down for it....hes amazing

Lunchbucket
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
So they really don't automatically give it to the best rookie,just the best rookie at the sexy positions.

K Train
11-09-2010, 04:54 PM
So they really don't automatically give it to the best rookie,just the best rookie at the sexy positions.

true....they give it to the guy with the numbers, not someone who steps in and is already among the elite at their position, even though elite centers are very rare

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
i wouldnt hesitate on the authentic if your willing to throw down for it....hes amazing

This is true, Id rather get a linemens jersey than a position player like a rb,wr or qb, even though I have a ben,lambert,polamalu,bettis,ward and miller jersey lol. I think the linemen are the foundation of our offense, if they cant go then the offense doesnt go, I hope pouncey lives up to his number 1 draft pick and stays healthy.

igor0190
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Trai Essex on Maurkice Pouncey:

"Everything you hear good about him is true, he is special."

LarryNJ
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
UPI NFC Rookie of the year!
1974 John Hicks New York Giants Guard

UPI AFC Rookie of the Year!
1990 Richmond Webb Miami Dolphins OT