PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing

madtowndrunkard
11-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Reed sucks and somehow our ST's saved us from losing this game. Ben did basically nothing. The playcalling once again was almost as bad as our 3rd down execution. Dare I say Hines Ward had one of the worst games of his career.

We should have lost this game. Luckily we were playing the BenGals. If it wasn't for a fumble on the opening kick return and a blocked punt we lose this game. OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!!!!! It's unbelievable.

We won this game and I hope Tomlin is cracking heads for this pathetic display. Ben needs to be called out. Arians needs to be fired.

Clevelandsux
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
We almost blew a 20 point lead. We let T.O run all over the place. I am sick and tired of Jeff Reed and Flozell Adams. Flozell can't block and he kicks a guy? Two Pass interference calls on Ike Taylor??????? Too many turnovers! Too many dumb penalties.

super cleats
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I agree with you, and the Patriots are going to exploit us next weekend, I may just feed myself that hangover drug so i dont remember the game whilst i watch it.

embarrasing. why can we do what the giants did to the cryhawks.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Did we win? Doesn't matter if it's pretty or not. It's still a W . Bottom line is we did what we had to.... Some people are never satisfied

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
You guys are killing me here, it's a win! Nobody said it was perfect but you know what, with the game on the line the defense stepped up and made the plays. Last year we were losing these games. Take what you get, it's still a work in progress. You should be used to it by now.

1 interference on Ike was legit, the other was bogus big time.

The offensive line was in disarray all night with the injuries. Flozell was playing just fine for the most part. Blame the left side of the line, not the right.

super cleats
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Did we win? Doesn't matter if it's pretty or not. It's still a W . Bottom line is we did what we had to.... Some people are never satisfied

I wouldn't really call it a win, we have played **** in the past weeks, if the current play continues, i'll be surprised if we finish 10-6, maybe 9-7.

HOW THE **** CAN YOU GIVE UP A 27-7 LEAD or something like that

EMBARRASING

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
The only thing embarrassing was the referees and the penalties called in that game....
The "Brady Rule"... Hampton was engaged with an o-lineman and went at Palmers legs. What do you expect a 350 pound NT to do? The rule as I know it says it is not a penalty if engaged.

Owens gets a late P-Int call by crying after the play. The flag was ridiculously late and totally based on owens big cry baby act. Puts them on the gooalline. Unbelievable.

:rant2::rant2::rant2:

madtowndrunkard
11-09-2010, 12:14 AM

I'm sure you were very satisfied last season when we were 6-2.

Fact of the matter is we stunk tonight. I don't care that we won. We stunk. Namely Reed, Ben, Ward, and most of all Bruce Arians. yea the officials also stunk but there is no excuse for not crushing this team. The Bengals are MUCH worse then I thought. Our offense is just as bad. With out a blocked punt and a fumbled kick return we get our asses kicked in this. How can you be happy about that? Yea I'm glad we've got some luck this year. So at least we have time to right the ship. But you cannot ingore the horrible play because of a W. Come playoff time we'll be one and done with this kind of play. I hate to say it, but Ben needs to over come Arians. If Ben wants to be a great QB then he needs to beat Arians horrible playcalling and put this team on his back.

We need to start trying out kickers. Reed is done.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Without this, without that...you can't say that in a game! On any given week any number of plays can help decide a game. Tonight the special teams was big and we needed it. A win is a win, there is work to be done but don't act like "if this or that wouldn't have happened" we would have lost. That stuff drives me nuts. You don't know that. If we don't make those big plays on ST perhaps we make them somewhere else.

At the end of the season nobody is going to remember how you lost or won, just that you lost or won.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't know how people can say we "shouldn't" have won this game when we had 2 HUGE special teams plays, 1 blocked punt and a recovery and 2 interceptions. The Bengals shouldn't have been able to creep back up on us yes, but they didn't deserve the game at all, we just shouldn't have let them catch up.

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't know how people can say we "shouldn't" have won this game when we had 2 HUGE special teams plays, 1 blocked punt and a recovery and 2 interceptions. The Bengals shouldn't have been able to creep back up on us yes, but they didn't deserve the game at all, we just shouldn't have let them catch up.

They got all their yards on that drive from penalties and one unbelievable lucky play that Farrior tipped.

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
well we could be 1-7

Clevelandsux
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Ward too. I love ward, but he has been leaving alot of plays out there. Yes he had a td. But he had a fumble and has been dropping alot. Sorry, not satisfied with this win. Relieved, yes.

madtowndrunkard
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Given the fumble on the opening kickoff, a blocked punt, and 2 INT's we should have destroyed this team. Against a legit opponent we get our @#$ess handed to us. We were up against one of the worst defenses in the league and our offense struggled to move the ball w/ any consistency. One complete 10 yard pass at the end and we lose. It should have NEVER come down to that. I honestly can't think of a more unsatisfying win in recent history.

At least Arians finally started using RB's in the passing game. Jesus.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
that play to benson was unbelievable, it seemed like the stars were aligning for those bungles after seeing that

--- Added 11/8/2010 at 11:27 PM ---

Given the fumble on the opening kickoff, a blocked punt, and 2 INT's we should have destroyed this team. Against a legit opponent we get our @#$ess handed to us. We were up against one of the worst defenses in the league and our offense struggled to move the ball w/ any consistency. One complete 10 yard pass at the end and we lose. It should have NEVER come down to that. I honestly can't think of a more unsatisfying win in recent history.

At least Arians finally started using RB's in the passing game. Jesus.

im with you, the Bungles do suck and it shouldn't have come down to the final drive, but we wripped their hearts out tonight and squashed their playoff and division chances for good tonight. It's between us and the Ravens now

Big T
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Where was this phantom 2nd INT? We had one pick, Lawrence Timmons...

Clevelandsux
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
The Bengals should have been put away long ago.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm sure you were very satisfied last season when we were 6-2.

Fact of the matter is we stunk tonight. I don't care that we won. We stunk. Namely Reed, Ben, Ward, and most of all Bruce Arians. yea the officials also stunk but there is no excuse for not crushing this team. The Bengals are MUCH worse then I thought. Our offense is just as bad. With out a blocked punt and a fumbled kick return we get our asses kicked in this. How can you be happy about that? Yea I'm glad we've got some luck this year. So at least we have time to right the ship. But you cannot ingore the horrible play because of a W. Come playoff time we'll be one and done with this kind of play. I hate to say it, but Ben needs to over come Arians. If Ben wants to be a great QB then he needs to beat Arians horrible playcalling and put this team on his back.

We need to start trying out kickers. Reed is done.

I am satisfied a win is a win. Reed missed a big kick and made a bigger kick, do I think he is a long term answer no,but there ain't gonna be another kicker brought in at this point. How the hell did Ben stink?? One or two bad passes while running for his life behind a banged up line. Don't give him credit for keeping the plays alive and getting what he did. Ward ??? ya got to be kidding me he was only targeted a few times and yes he did fumble once ,that happens about every blue moon. Oh yeah was that him on the receiving end of the TD pass?? Arians play calling was the usual bad stuff, but as long as we keep winning we just have to accept it. As far as Ben overcoming Arains,ain't gonna happen because he is his biggest cheerleader.
When it came down to crunch time the offense was working,we were running with success and eating the clock, it was a bad time for the interception but that's football.
If ya honestly think this team is one and done ,please move to the back of the band wagon and jump off !!

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Wait a sec, how did Ward have a bad game? He had a GREAT catch for a TD and some ffreaaakkinnngg GREAT blocks that game us first downs.

Ben played well too, not his best but good, that INT should have been knocked down by Miller

igor0190
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Wait a sec, how did Ward have a bad game? He had a GREAT catch for a TD and some ffreaaakkinnngg GREAT blocks that game us first downs.

Ben played well too, not his best but good, that INT should have been knocked down by Miller

Ward's bad game was caused by Arians an his bubble screen obsession. Back to back plays... Does BA hate Hines? Trying to get him abused out there? (fumble)

Seriously...

Then he throws one to wallace and he runs right by the first tackler for 6 yards.

I understand they have their place in the offense (bubble screen to hines).. but not with the frequency BA calls them

Scorp
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Ben underthrew the ball one too many times. He has to put more hot sauce on the ball and his throw. WTH is he thinking? I want to see big ben gay kick *** like he used to but i just don't know. We got the win and i'm fine with it. Nice ending.

Moondog
11-09-2010, 12:52 AM
In the end, it's a huge divisional win. The Steelers would have lost this game last season. The Defense held the Bengals total yardage to under 300. Mendenhall looks great and ocho cinco had a meltdown...what more could we ask for?

K Train
11-09-2010, 12:56 AM
this threads existence is an abortion

flozell has been huge for us this year....just so you know, hasnt been his best few games but hes been kind of hurt.

reed sucks, but teams DO get hot every now and then but for the most part the defense was stifling. really lets blame ben for the stupid pick and ward for the fumble....thats when the bengals scored. D stepped their **** up even after some unfortunate penalties

Dean Denton
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
This was Steeler **** at its finest. Sorry, but this team is going to get stomped by the Patriots and the Raiders. Playing not to lose like they did tonight will get them beat against teams that are lurking in the shadows. Its one thing to win ugly, but this was win lucky and nothing more. This team played better without Ben. And ok, I'm on board now Arians is really that bad....our Red Zone off is crap, play calling is crap. with this talent they should have way more points.....bbbooooo.....................

Scorp
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, the Steelers are really in for a fight against the Pats and Raiders. They need to play stronger and harder and not let teams creep up and give us f-in heart attacks.

SteelerSteve
11-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow, I hate to say it...but some Steelers fans are ****in retarded. How can you not be happy after you just beat the bengals in their house and are sitting at 6-2? Especially with how many injuries we are piling up.

K Train
11-09-2010, 01:13 AM
the defense was still incredible against the run....casey hampton was amazing the last 3 weeks

they allow 58 ypg and allowed 54, and are still top 5 in most defensive categories. teams have some success passing on us because they HAVE to pass, the pass defense really isnt playing that bad even though the bengals had a late surge

jnes1216
11-09-2010, 01:16 AM
The tackling was much better this week I thought, I can't remember if I saw anyone really miss one badly. YAC were minimal it seemed.

SteelerSteve
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
The tackling was much better this week I thought, I can't remember if I saw anyone really miss one badly. YAC were minimal it seemed. Yeah, this defense is probably the best in the league...Like Ktrain said, the bengals had a late surge, but I blame that more on some of the penalties which are fixable....Great tackling, and as usual they shut down the run nicely.

Dean Denton
11-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Wow, I hate to say it...but some Steelers fans are ****in retarded. How can you not be happy after you just beat the bengals in their house and are sitting at 6-2? Especially with how many injuries we are piling up.Oh I dont know, maybe because this team was up 27-7 in the 4th and just like last year they give up big leads late in a game. Listening to the broad cast booth talking about how the Steelers have never lost after leading by so many points. OPh and under Cowher, they never gave up leads like this. And the only reason they won is because they were playing a ****** Bengals team. 6-2 is a lie, and this team really needs to play better if they want to beat a team like the Pats, Raiders, Ravens, Saints, Giants or the Packers. You might be ok with a second tier team, but I think for this team to start with so much passion, then fizz out when Ben comes back kinda makes me pissed.....but feel free to sit there in your chair and judge how other people should feel...

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Oh I dont know, maybe because this team was up 27-7 in the 4th and just like last year they give up big leads late in a game. Listening to the broad cast booth talking about how the Steelers have never lost after leading by so many points. OPh and under Cowher, they never gave up leads like this. And the only reason they won is because they were playing a ****** Bengals team. 6-2 is a lie, and this team really needs to play better if they want to beat a team like the Pats, Raiders, Ravens, Saints, Giants or the Packers. You might be ok with a second tier team, but I think for this team to start with so much passion, then fizz out when Ben comes back kinda makes me pissed.....but feel free to sit there in your chair and judge how other people should feel...

Teams like the Raiders? :lol:

That game isn't going to be close if Jason Campbell is still their starting quarterback. I guarantee it.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Punting every possesion in the 3rd qtr is not away to build on a big lead and keep your defense fresh....

then in the 4th qtr.. hitting palmer and jarring the ball out and some bengal miracle that no steeler is there to pick it up. then two plays later bensen catches a miracle tipped ball. then a few miracle penalties, then TO being the only gamer they have started the nail biting.

We needed to pick up TO not Battle.. hes a player... on our team he would have been even more of a pro..

Bengals lose because Ocho is their achilles heel.. what a whiny ***.

Raleigh Steel
11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
wow, not even a mention of how bad mcfadden is! i mean, whiz didn't put up too much of a fight to keep him after one season. last year we complained about willie gay...b-fad is no better when it comes to coverage. the guy is absolute toast. if he's our best bet at that corner position we are in trouble. he is the weakest link. i'd love to see lewis or butler step up and challenge him for some playing time.

hare to be excited about this win. i'm tired of being relieved after wins. this team is awful and we should have blown them out. right now this team isn't good enough and they've got to fix a lot of problems...mainly on the offense. the next 2 weeks are going to be very telling.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 08:03 AM
i'd love to see lewis or butler step up and challenge him for some playing time.

butler is faster and taller but needs three years of steeler school... :popcorn:

cmerrifield
11-09-2010, 08:05 AM
WOW, you all complain if the Defense doesnt hold the lead in the 4th (last year) and now you complain when they do. Offensively the Bengals are very talented, and should be a tough team to be. However, they often beat themselves which is why they are at the bottom of the AFC North. This team has issues, but so does every team in the NFL, thats why 6-2 is the league's best record. I know last night wasnt pretty, but its a W and in a divisional game that is the most important thing. I dont mind everyone voicing their opinions, but lets keep perspective, we are a team in progress, this is Ben's 4th game back and still working on his own issues. I know we dont have a brilliant (or even decent) OC, we dont have the best kicker in the league, nor will our Oline all make the probowl (although Pouncey should). But the team isnt horrible, the have a shot at the playoffs and AFC North title which is all we could want after the 1st half of the season.

madtowndrunkard
11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
A win is a win. I can agree with that.

BUT if you are like me and you are expecting a run in the playoffs then you cannot be happy with this win. The same issues are rearing their ugly head every week. Arians and his offense is the issue. None of these 4th quarter comebacks would be possible if it weren't for the horrific play calling and offensive turnovers. The adjustments made in the 2nd half by Arians are laughable.

The Bengals are horrible. This is a game that should have been dominated by us. With the two big ST's plays it should have been a blow out. Against any legit opponent we lose this game. Good teams will not allow punts to get blocked....they will not fumble the opening kickoff.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 10:32 AM
dude the browns beat the pats and the saints... any sunday.. no excuses.

we need to score on offense bottom line... 24+ points a game to be playoff and sb winner.

the defense is fine..

K Train
11-09-2010, 10:43 AM
lol at 6-2 being a lie.....this thread gets more and more ridiculous

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
lol at 6-2 being a lie.....this thread gets more and more ridiculous

lol, I don't get this thread either...Isn't 6-2 the best record fro any team in the NFL right now??

jackhammer1
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll take a win anyway they can get it. The main thing that is bothering me is that these teams now pretty much abandon the run after the first quarter and just pass-pass-pass, and it's working. They find the weakness in the secondary and keep burning it. T-O was open pretty much all night and made us pay. Imagine what Brady will do. Our answer used to be, get to the quarterback when you know he's going to throw but that's not working. After a nice sack for a lose last night, on the next play there was no pressure and Palmer threw for an easy first down. I don't know what the answer for this is, but teams are going to keep doing it until we stop it. It's great to be the best run stop defense in the league but with one of the worst pass defenses, some of these games are going to be losses.

xxxsteelernation
11-09-2010, 11:47 AM
The point of this thread is that the team is not living up to expectations, we know what this team is capable of and should be doing. the fact that they are not and with losing to the saints like we did with no offense, then barley beating the bengals when we had a 20+ point lead is not they way the team should be playing, thats the reason we lost to the saints. is that we are not excuting when we need to.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
The Bengals did beat the Ravens...lol This thread=FAIL.............The Steelers didn't exactly look like a Super Bowl team after 8 games in 2008 either....Sure the defense was lights out but remember the Steelers had some late comebacks and some terrible losses as well in those first 8 games........

The season is only at its half way point and I sure don't want the Steelers to peak yet......I think recent history has proven the teams that are the healthiest and go on a hot streak late go on to win the Super Bowl for the most part......

The Steelers lose 3 starting OL and were down to 1 RB last night and still managed to pull out a close win against a divisional foe on the road......You take them anyway you get them......

Steelers beat the Pats by double digits.....Book it and most you don't come back and say I knew it all along when it happens....lol

K Train
11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
steelers dominated the game....the late surge was on a fumble by ward, a dumb pick by ben, a stupid penalty by flo, a non phantom penalty on ike and casey....automatic first downs and 50 yards in penalties leads to scores

igor0190
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
steelers dominated the game....the late surge was on a fumble by ward, a dumb pick by ben, a stupid penalty by flo, a non phantom penalty on ike and casey....automatic first downs and 50 yards in penalties leads to scores

:plus1:
Bang on...

Now let this thread die

SteelersWoman
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
While I'm glad for the win, (I'll take any and all, ugly or not) I will add that we were lucky to have been playing against a team who for the better part of at least a half (and possibly even close to 3 quarters) really didn't play very well. Had we been playing against a decent team from the get-go, no way we would've pulled that out, and that's what's kinda scary down the stretch.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 04:39 PM
we're 6-2 with all these "problems" and not 2-6 like the bungles are. we just tore the heart out of every bungle fan and stomped the **** out of it. their playoff and division ambitions are toast. that team is DONE and it's all thanks to the steelers lol just like they did last year to us. if anything today i'm kind of happy it came down to the wire just to give the bungles and their busted looking fans a glimpse of hope and to see james harrisson take it all away was brilliant. you know goodell was calling for a flag from up in the booth too lol

K Train
11-09-2010, 04:51 PM
While I'm glad for the win, (I'll take any and all, ugly or not) I will add that we were lucky to have been playing against a team who for the better part of at least a half (and possibly even close to 3 quarters) really didn't play very well. Had we been playing against a decent team from the get-go, no way we would've pulled that out, and that's what's kinda scary down the stretch.

your looking at it wrong....they didnt play well because the steelers did not allow them too...they couldnt move, they had melt downs, blocked kicks, and fumbles were forced. if we abused a quality team like that, a quality team wouldnt be effective either

JensK
11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
your looking at it wrong....they didnt play well because the steelers did not allow them too...they couldnt move, they had melt downs, blocked kicks, and fumbles were forced. if we abused a quality team like that, a quality team wouldnt be effective either

I have not seen the game (curse living in Europe!), but Bengals are hardly a quality team at the moment. The true test lies ahead in a pissed off Patriots team, for whom the game against Steelers has become more or less of a must win. Personally, I don't think we'll win big in it, but if we're able to disrupt them the same way we, apparently, did against Bengals last night, this discussion becomes a whole lot more interesting.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
You say we dominated, giving the excuse that the late surge was due to a fumble by Ward and a dumb pick by Ben, but the Bengals fumbled the opening kickoff and Palmer was picked off as well, not to mention a blocked punt.

Dean Denton
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Teams like the Raiders? :lol:

That game isn't going to be close if Jason Campbell is still their starting quarterback. I guarantee it.Oh really? I think everyone said that last year about this game and Bruce posted 3 TD's on this Def in the 4th. Not to mention this Raider team is way better then last years version. Not to mention Ben has yet to beat the Raiders. He has not done so well against them at all.

K Train
11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
You say we dominated, giving the excuse that the late surge was due to a fumble by Ward and a dumb pick by Ben, but the Bengals fumbled the opening kickoff and Palmer was picked off as well, not to mention a blocked punt.

nevermind dude your right...the world is ending, they suck so bad and the door is quickly closing on their season

coach
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I think I sit somewhere in the middle with last night's performance.

I thought that the O-line managed as well as they could when they were down to 5 guys and I know we were all holding our breath when Pouncey went down.

A few guys went down with concussions and Mendy was gassed and stayed on the field.

They did stop the drive last night that would have ended in a last-minute loss last year, and I know we would all be wondering if it was deja vu all over again if that had happened. Last year we were all begging for that kind of play to end the game when we lost to the cellar dwellers.

Last night wasn't perfect but it actually could have been Green Bay, Indy or San Diego worse in terms of injury woes.

The next 3 games shouldn't be as tough as the past 3, so let's see how they adjust and respond.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh really? I think everyone said that last year about this game and Bruce posted 3 TD's on this Def in the 4th. Not to mention this Raider team is way better then last years version. Not to mention Ben has yet to beat the Raiders. He has not done so well against them at all.

Hence why I said if Jason Campbell is playing. He's one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. I've watched every single game of his when he played in Washington. Our defense abused him on that MNF game 2 years ago because he takes forever to find his hot routes.

Lunchbucket
11-09-2010, 09:18 PM
A win is a win,good teams can play flat and screw up,but still pull it out.I feel this team will catch fire when it matters most.Not pretty last night,but I'll take it.

75Steeler
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes Arians needs to be fired. I thought we played well in the first half of the game then we tired quickly and made too many mistakes. I have said it before and I will say it again, we need to stop running Mendenhall too much. Spread the run out. He is going to be too valuable later in the season and in the playoffs.

SteelerSteve
11-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Oh I dont know, maybe because this team was up 27-7 in the 4th and just like last year they give up big leads late in a game. Listening to the broad cast booth talking about how the Steelers have never lost after leading by so many points. OPh and under Cowher, they never gave up leads like this. And the only reason they won is because they were playing a ****** Bengals team. 6-2 is a lie, and this team really needs to play better if they want to beat a team like the Pats, Raiders, Ravens, Saints, Giants or the Packers. You might be ok with a second tier team, but I think for this team to start with so much passion, then fizz out when Ben comes back kinda makes me pissed.....but feel free to sit there in your chair and judge how other people should feel... I won't lie, I about crapped my pants when the Bengal's made a game out of it in the fourth quarter....But honestly, that was ONE game out of a 16 game season against a team that might not be very good, but always gets up to play the steeler's on their homefield...They took advantage of a few missed opportunities and dumb penalties on the Steeler's part...But maybe your right, I just have ridiculously low standards for thinking that the Steelers are in good shape and have a shot to be a legit contender this season. lol ya'll are just a tough crowd I guess...

DanRooney
11-10-2010, 04:00 AM
nevermind dude your right...the world is ending, they suck so bad and the door is quickly closing on their season

you make it seem like they didn't shot themselves in the foot either. just sayin' :yellowthumb:

airbrake 1
11-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Did we play a complete game, absolutely not but we won the game...we have tons of injuries to overcome it's going to be interesting to see if the back-ups can step up....the patriots aren't nearly as good as a lot of people think and the bengals aren't nearly as bad as everyone thinks they were fighting for their season the other night...i love when other teams make plays against our special teams( big kick return , blocked kick) it was some break down on our part, but when we make a big play it was somehow dumb luck...the players on the opposing are PROFESSIONALS(who want too win as badly as the steelers) not a bunch of sandlot players... i see way too many people acting as if the steelers are a bunch of men playing against little boys

LarryNJ
11-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Did we play a complete game, absolutely not but we won the game...we have tons of injuries to overcome it's going to be interesting to see if the back-ups can step up....the patriots aren't nearly as good as a lot of people think and the bengals aren't nearly as bad as everyone thinks they were fighting for their season the other night...i love when other teams make plays against our special teams( big kick return , blocked kick) it was some break down on our part, but when we make a big play it was somehow dumb luck...the players on the opposing are PROFESSIONALS(who want too win as badly as the steelers) not a bunch of sandlot players... i see way too many people acting as if the steelers are a bunch of men playing against little boys

:plus1: The Bengals needed to win that game more than the Steelers did. Their season is now basically over except for being a spoiler and they understood that coming in.

Dean Denton
11-11-2010, 02:29 AM
I won't lie, I about crapped my pants when the Bengal's made a game out of it in the fourth quarter....But honestly, that was ONE game out of a 16 game season against a team that might not be very good, but always gets up to play the steeler's on their homefield...They took advantage of a few missed opportunities and dumb penalties on the Steeler's part...But maybe your right, I just have ridiculously low standards for thinking that the Steelers are in good shape and have a shot to be a legit contender this season. lol ya'll are just a tough crowd I guess... Its not just one game, and I cant throw all of it on Ben being rusty. These late game break downs have being going on since last year, and they posted the stat of how many points the Steelers are giving up in the 4th this year. It was the same last year. 6-2, then 3-5. They are going down that same road. I dont know if its poor conditioning or what, but they are running out of gas late in games. Something you didn't see under Cowher. sure its always good to be 6-2, but they are falling and dont be shocked if the Pats and the Raiders come in and bust them up. Yes I know the Steelers are good enough to win it all, they have it all, but to me, they dont look like a great football team. to me they just look good. They just dont seem to have that fire in their eyes that champions have. And for the record, Hines Ward just looks pissed to be on the same field as Ben. This coupled with bad Def in the 4th is going to spell..."S H I T T Y-S E A S O N"

K Train
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
heres a time to make a thread like this....not after a division win, after being dominated by a team that owns them

Dean Denton
11-16-2010, 03:32 AM
heres a time to make a thread like this....not after a division win, after being dominated by a team that owns them Its kinda sad isn't it? Brady just stuffed his fist in my mouth for saying that 2004 title game was BS because they were cheating. This game looked like the same thing. They even went with a WR screen in the red zone hoping the DB would fall down again. I think Bill just knows how to beat Dick's Def, and he can do it with little talent outside of Brady...Normally I would say, " I hope the Steelers play them in the playoffs" but after watching them get schooled like they did...I'm going to say "No Thank you!" Doubt they even get that far anyways... I'm wondering if any of you still feel that this team is going to crush the Raiders because to me, this team looks like they are finished. The Def looks like they have given up because of the fines or lack of heart, (Troy where are you?) and the Off has yet to look like they are standing behind Ben. Hell, it was a great first month of the season, but I'm not sure if Tomlin has the stuff to repair this team. I'm not sure if anyone can....

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Its kinda sad isn't it? Brady just stuffed his fist in my mouth for saying that 2004 title game was BS because they were cheating. This game looked like the same thing. They even went with a WR screen in the red zone hoping the DB would fall down again. I think Bill just knows how to beat Dick's Def, and he can do it with little talent outside of Brady...Normally I would say, " I hope the Steelers play them in the playoffs" but after watching them get schooled like they did...I'm going to say "No Thank you!" Doubt they even get that far anyways... I'm wondering if any of you still feel that this team is going to crush the Raiders because to me, this team looks like they are finished. The Def looks like they have given up because of the fines or lack of heart, (Troy where are you?) and the Off has yet to look like they are standing behind Ben. Hell, it was a great first month of the season, but I'm not sure if Tomlin has the stuff to repair this team. I'm not sure if anyone can....

dude our offense plays the same plays for like 4 years in a row... do you think belichick is stupid.. he knows everything we are doing... we are way to easy to read and our plays are all slow motion... he laughs his arse off when he plays us.. :imho:

Dean Denton
11-17-2010, 01:59 AM
dude our offense plays the same plays for like 4 years in a row... do you think belichick is stupid.. he knows everything we are doing... we are way to easy to read and our plays are all slow motion... he laughs his arse off when he plays us.. :imho:I think our Off can take the Pats Def, its our Def that gets burnt like little school girls. I'm wondering how the Steelers did so well 2 years ago in their house and looked so bad the other night. I know Brady not playing helped, but is Brady really that good? Manning doesn't even do this to the Steelers...I dont get it. The two biggest *** kickings the Steelers have taken at home have come at the hands of Brady and the Patriots.