PDA

View Full Version : Secondary??? Gay??? Int???

SteelerEyeZ
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Secondary: How come it looks like we always play prevent and we always give up TDs and fast TDs. I am sorry this secondary is WAYYYYY BELOW average they are going to be picked apart by the high powered passing teams. Troy still doesn't look like his old self, there was a pass or two that OLD TROY would have gotten the pick.

Gay: I don't care if he made the block and the rush on the passer with the zone blitz, he is terrible I have never liked him, he is terrible, this years draft BETTER address that if not there then with Lewis or someone

INT: MILLER YOU NEED TO BREAK UP THE PLAY!!! Last weeks fumble and this weeks ALLOWING of the INT??? Come on get your head on straight. You are a great player but he needs to think, KNOCK IT DOWN or even hold the guy, that was a changing point of the game that we ALMOSTTTTT LOST

The second TD to Owens: Great Great pass nothing you can do on that

Overall Grade: B-: offense played well but still question a few play calls but MUCH better then last week and lot better dealing the A gap blitz, Special teams did well, Defense sometimes its the best and sometimes its the worst

6-2???? ehhhhh doesn't look like a top team this week, a lot of work to do

GO STEELERS!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

PS anyone have any steelers pats tickets they wanna sell lol

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Overall Grade: B-: offense played well but still question a few play calls but MUCH better then last week and lot better dealing the A gap blitz, Special teams did well, Defense sometimes its the best and sometimes its the worst

B-????!! The only upside of this game was the special teams. I give them a D..only because they didn't lose.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Gay got torched tonight on multiple occasions, TO ate him alive tonight. To his credit though he did come up with some nice pressures on blitzes and some tackles in the 4th quarter.

A 34 zone blitz defense means that your DB's play off the WR to not allow the big play. That's the way it's designed, always has been, always will be. The idea is that you don't give up the big play and you don't believe an offense will move the length of the field without making a mistake where you can capitalize on a turnover or atleast force a punt.

super cleats
11-09-2010, 12:03 AM
your a douche bag if you think gay played bad, he played pretty well, how about mcfadden being burned by a 37 year old, how about 4th quarter meltdowns, how about ****** *** offensive and defensive play-calls.

it's time to get rid of dick lebeau, if not for harrison we would of lost

i cant wait until next week, when the patriots rape us and we might finally realise we are overrated. remember in 2007 when brady toyed with lebeaus mind.

A 34 zone blitz defense means that your DB's play off the WR to not allow the big play. That's the way it's designed, always has been, always will be. The idea is that you don't give up the big play and you don't believe an offense will move the length of the field without making a mistake where you can capitalize on a turnover or atleast force a punt.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the jets play 3-4 and blitz like crazy but dont go 40 yards off the wide receiver....

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I think there's probably a way to play a 3-4 defense and not give up 15 years on every pass play.

Zachintosh66
11-09-2010, 12:09 AM
TO is how old and he torched us all night... lets not draft a CB (or OT) until the fifth round again...

super cleats
11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
TO is how old and he torched us all night... lets not draft a CB (or OT) until the fifth round again...

let's not trade up for earl thomas like i suggested.

maybe this year we can trade down and miss on

prince akumara
aaron williams
mark barron
the list goes on...

Zachintosh66
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
let's not trade up for earl thomas like i suggested.

maybe this year we can trade down and miss on

prince akumara
aaron williams
mark barron
the list goes on...

Well we did need a Center, so Im ok w/ Pouncey :)

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah Pouncey was a great get....he will be a staple for the Steelers for YEARSSSS to come, however they NEED to do something with this secondary, and stop this prevent lets sit down and do nothing bc we have a lead ****

super cleats
Well we did need a Center, so Im ok w/ Pouncey :)

that's true, but earl would of fixed our secondary problems just like he has done in seattle.

we can't go much longer depriving our first round picks on secondary players...

BlitzburghRockCity
your a douche bag if you think gay played bad, he played pretty well, how about mcfadden being burned by a 37 year old, how about 4th quarter meltdowns, how about ****** *** offensive and defensive play-calls.

i cant wait until next week, when the patriots rape us and we might finally realise we are overrated. remember in 2007 when brady toyed with lebeaus mind.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the jets play 3-4 and blitz like crazy but dont go 40 yards off the wide receiver....

Hello, they don't go 40 yds off. The Jets don't play the same type of 34 that we do. It's a different scheme and different personnel. Who are we to second guess how Dick Lebeau runs his defense, it's served him pretty well over the decades. Sure it drives people nuts when they play off, but that's how the defense is designed. We aren't the Jets and the Jets aren't us.

Lebeau made adjustments and turned up the heat in the 4th quarter and they got to Palmer on multiple occasions or forced him to hurry. He's not going to beat his head against the wall forever and not make changes. He believes in the system and he believes in his players ability to make plays. Most of the time they come through. Sometimes they don't though.

Would I like to see them play more press coverage, sure, but it hasn't been that way and we shouldn't expect wholesale changes in the future either.

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Hello, they don't go 40 yds off. The Jets don't play the same type of 34 that we do. It's a different scheme and different personnel. Who are we to second guess how Dick Lebeau runs his defense, it's served him pretty well over the decades. Sure it drives people nuts when they play off, but that's how the defense is designed. We aren't the Jets and the Jets aren't us.

Lebeau made adjustments and turned up the heat in the 4th quarter and they got to Palmer on multiple occasions or forced him to hurry. He's not going to beat his head against the wall forever and not make changes. He believes in the system and he believes in his players ability to make plays. Most of the time they come through. Sometimes they don't though.

Would I like to see them play more press coverage, sure, but it hasn't been that way and we shouldn't expect wholesale changes in the future either.

Well said, we are the Steelers ever game will always be like this....6-2 is 6-2, the end of the season last year if you told me we could be 6-2 i would have taken it in a heart beat....GO STEELERS!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 01:00 AM
that's true, but earl would of fixed our secondary problems just like he has done in seattle.

we can't go much longer depriving our first round picks on secondary players...

That's a stretch. One player isn't going to solve the disaster we have in the secondary. Just like Pouncey, as great as he's been, doesn't solve the 4 lazy asses on either side of him.

Ideally
1. CB
2. G/LT
3. G/LT
4. FS
5. K

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM

Before ya start calling anybody a douche bag ya might wanna take a look in the mirror, Gay was torched by TO a few times tonight.
You really are showing a lack of football knowledge if you think Lebeau needs to go. In case ya hadn't heard he was inducted into the HOF this past summer ,a well deserved placement for his playing days and for being the father of the Zone Blitz. You obviously don't understand the concept of this defense

Btw Brady has made a career of making defenses look bad ,not the defensive coaches, the coaches can only tell the players what to do ,it's up to the players to execute it...

SteelerSteve
11-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Basically having our dline healthy(especially Aaron Smith) would be the best way to fix our secondary imo.

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 01:03 AM
That's a stretch. One player isn't going to solve the disaster we have in the secondary. Just like Pouncey, as great as he's been, doesn't solve the 4 lazy asses on either side of him.

Ideally
1. CB
2. G/LT
3. G/LT
4. FS
5. K

I TOTALLY agree with you there, that is exactly how i would LOVE to see the draft go and would love to see the 2nd pick to be Pouncey's brother and turn him into a guard. only change that i wouldn't mind is to add in a nosetackle in there if possible