PDA

View Full Version : Pressure all night on Ben from the left side

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 12:55 AM
When Starks went out and Scott came, and then Legursky took over for Kemo after Pouncey came back, it was a night mare. Ben was under the gun all night long after that. You have to give props though because Ben had the presence to audible out of that left side pressure and hand off to Mendy going to the right. It worked countless times against that blitz.

Scott was just awful tonight in relief of Starks. I mean my goodness he was getting owned. Legursky wasn't all that bad but with the Bengals overloading that left side they were just in trouble.

Zachintosh66
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I thought Starks came back in... musta drank too many rolling rocks!

Scott is terrible, Doug is by far our best backup lineman and if Hills cant beat out Scott what is he still doing here?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Starks came back in but then left again. Scott was in at LT for most of the 2nd half.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
I think we need to moderate our complaints on the offensive line here tonight just alittle bit, lets not place all the blame all on them. Yes Scott was getting owned, but they were under manned, injured, and playing against a heavy pass rush. Those holes that Mendy had in the 4th quarter were there for taking though so give them credit for that as much as you give Mendy for making the plays too.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Losing three starting OL through the course of the game and all I read is how ****** Ben was in countless threads......Thanks for clearing things up Top, no doubt any QB would struggle some with three starting OL out during a game.....I actually missed the game tonight and it was the first Steelers game I have missed in 10 years......I started a new job and have to work Monday nights now....lol

So I can only go by your and the rest of the fans posts....lol

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
We need to draft a LT in the first round next year...who are the top contenders?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Losing three starting OL through the course of the game and all I read is how ****** Ben was in countless threads......Thanks for clearing things up Top, no doubt any QB would struggle some with three starting OL out during a game.....I actually missed the game tonight and it was the first Steelers game I have missed in 10 years......I started a new job and have to work Monday nights now....lol

So I can only go by your and the rest of the fans posts....lol

If you go by some of the posts here you'd think we lost 50-0 man..ugh! Watching the line last night, they struggled thru all the injuries, any unit in the NFL would do the same thing if they lost 3 starters in 1 night. They did their best and again I give Ben credit for audibling out of those obvious blitz situations and letting Mendy take off on the right side to beat it.

The line is improved from last year, there is no doubt about it, but when injuries hit you're going to suffer, it's just how it is. They did some good things too last night.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
If you go by some of the posts here you'd think we lost 50-0 man..ugh! Watching the line last night, they struggled thru all the injuries, any unit in the NFL would do the same thing if they lost 3 starters in 1 night. They did their best and again I give Ben credit for audibling out of those obvious blitz situations and letting Mendy take off on the right side to beat it.

The line is improved from last year, there is no doubt about it, but when injuries hit you're going to suffer, it's just how it is. They did some good things too last night.

when ben has the chance when the blitzes are on... he needs to run a bit more.....

he seems to have a lot of grass in front of him.. he needs to take that grass...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I noticed on that INT that he tossed up late in the game, he had room to run in front of him. There were 2 defenders near the first down line but had he taken off he very well could have made it, especially with that pump fake he does that freezes the defenders for a split second.

I'd love to see him on a few more designed scrambles; nothing like what Vick does of course. Ben is a huge guy, very hard to bring down, if you let him take off now and then he's going to get you some real positive yardage and atleast make the defense account for him. I don't want him out there running and getting killed every play, but once maybe break it out, u never know what he could pick up.

coldrolled
11-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I noticed on that INT that he tossed up late in the game, he had room to run in front of him. There were 2 defenders near the first down line but had he taken off he very well could have made it, especially with that pump fake he does that freezes the defenders for a split second.

I'd love to see him on a few more designed scrambles; nothing like what Vick does of course. Ben is a huge guy, very hard to bring down, if you let him take off now and then he's going to get you some real positive yardage and atleast make the defense account for him. I don't want him out there running and getting killed every play, but once maybe break it out, u never know what he could pick up.

usually when he is trying to extend the play ben style... its because the play has all our receivers 30 yards down field. so in those cases he will usually have ten yards of grass in front of him... so take the 5-10 yards and quit spinning around.... especially on 1st and 2nd downs. :cope: