PDA

View Full Version : Steelers survived the 4th quarter... somehow...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
The heart attack Steelers did it again, but this time they survived the 4th quarter thanks to the defense. Can somebody tell me how this team gave up a 27-7 lead? I mean my God they just cannot make things easy on themselves.

That 4th quarter INT by Ben was the turning point that almost cost them the game. You just can't have that and win every week.

Reed missing that 46 yd FG was awful, takes the shine off the 53 yd that he made earlier. So many ups and downs that you can't take anything for granted even for a second.

It worked out for us this time though.

Clevelandsux
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
It's called sitting on a lead.

SteelDad
Lot of injury issues, play-calling issues and a complete lack of fire at times, but we're 6-2 and as bad as we've looked, we're right where we need to be. 3 straight roadies and now primetime homegame against the Pats.

xxxsteelernation
that roughing the passer call on hampton was bogus

steelersbabex25
What a miserable 4th quarter. Offense wasn't doing anything, defense couldn't stop anything. Thank god for James Harrison, cause that last play was going to be a catch if he didn't come in with that hard hit, and there's not a doubt in my mind that the Bengals would have scored if Shiply came down with that.

super cleats
that was the most embarrasing game i've ever watched, they certainly need to watch the giants or saints on how to put teams away.

embarrasing, they are going to get raped by the patriots next week, look for a similar 2007 game against the patriots.... not good, why didn't they double team terelle owens, stupid defensive play-calling, cant really blame jeff reed at all, the only person that really played well was rashard mendenhall.

embarrasment.

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Ugly ugly ugly win!! But I'll take it!

TO ate our lunch!!

Clevelandsux
Remember, we were 6-2 last year.

Dee Mca
Ben has got to let that clock run all the way down. Leaves to much time when he snaps.

Steel Trap86
6-2 and they know they got problems right now. They went into Cinci to win a football game and they did it, but they just don't know how to step on a team when they're down. They just run run run and play not to lose when they're up.

After a long 3 game road trip they're back at home sunday night against New England and they have a short week to try and get this offense going. Mendenhall came out to play tonight though, love the way he's running lately

HUNT4SEVEN
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
that roughing the passer call on hampton was bogus

The way we played on Offense and Defense was bogus also...

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
The rest of the season will be based on luck and ya all know where that'll get you in this business.

super cleats
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Ugly ugly ugly win!! But I'll take it!

TO ate our lunch!!

T.O. was owning us, you might take it this week, but next week when we get owned, you will be crying for solutions.

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
i was expecting losses to the ravens once and the saints so if we can finish the season with just one more loss (or none would be nice) i think we should get smith back by playoffs and that would make us more solid on d, o and get rid of william gay, he gets burned even in the nickle.

mwittman5
11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
cant blame the D. Reed missed essential game ending field goals, ward's fumble put the bengals pretty much in the redzone, ben threw a pick to set them up in good field position, the bengals had a big kickoff return that set them up, and that bs pass interference call set up a TD. the D held up, a win is a win

steelersbabex25
11-08-2010, 11:57 PM
6-2 and they know they got problems right now. They went into Cinci to win a football game and they did it, but they just don't know how to step on a team when they're down. They just run run run and play not to lose when they're up.

After a long 3 game road trip they're back at home sunday night against New England and they have a short week to try and get this offense going. Mendenhall came out to play tonight though, love the way he's running lately

Here's what I don't get. The first half they pretty much had the right idea. Pass on first down, pick up some yardage, then let Mendy run to get the rest. Why do they stop doing things that are working for them? Why do they try to fix something when it's not broken? I don't care if you have to pass to the same person and run the same play everytime, if it works and continues to work, why would you do anything else?

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
rashard on that last drive, where he was running all over the bengals D was really the only highlight of the night o and the antwann to wallace td score.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Let's not forget the bungles were playing for their life, they had to win this game and we almost gave it away!!!

SteelerEyeZ
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
6-2??? I question that, But its 6-2....BIGGEST thing was Pouncey bc he looked GREAT!!

GET JEFF REED OUT!!! please i don't care if he "can" kick in Heinz, he misses at the clutch times and it goes back to last year when he missed against the Bears in like week 2.

Wallace played great besides the one catch but still wasn't best throw

MILLER!!! needs to KNOCK THAT BALL DOWN!

xxxsteelernation
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
does a super bowl ring really entitle us to have to live with the stupidity of BA, come on. i was really impressed on the first half. i looked like we were going to stomp them. maybe im just getting to used to the oregon ducks kick em while there down offense.lol

SouthCentral
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
this was not a satisfying win, but i'll take it. they'd better get their crap together before next week.

xxxsteelernation
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
6-2??? I question that, But its 6-2....BIGGEST thing was Pouncey bc he looked GREAT!!

GET JEFF REED OUT!!! please i don't care if he "can" kick in Heinz, he misses at the clutch times and it goes back to last year when he missed against the Bears in like week 2.

Wallace played great besides the one catch but still wasn't best throw

MILLER!!! needs to KNOCK THAT BALL DOWN!

i hate to say it but i agree with the jeff reed statement. he has not been himself really since the beginning of the season when the managment did not give reed and exstension. he just does not look right maybe we need to give him more paper towel dispensers to punch.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Here's what I don't get. The first half they pretty much had the right idea. Pass on first down, pick up some yardage, then let Mendy run to get the rest. Why do they stop doing things that are working for them? Why do they try to fix something when it's not broken? I don't care if you have to pass to the same person and run the same play everytime, if it works and continues to work, why would you do anything else?

Because Arians has the head span of a ****ing fruit fly, he doesn't understand things like that. He plays conservative and very predictable when we have the lead. It seems like this team plays well only when they're behind. For example the second half we came out with what a 20-7 lead? had the ball first with a chance to inflict more damage on them and went 3 and out right away with a total gain of TWO yards. I think the Bengals got it back with 14:45 on the clock, it's like we didn't even have the ball. just a wasted opportunity that could have easily cost us the game!

super cleats
lol @ jeff reed wanting those big bucks, he's not getting it no more, what's his kick percentage this year? 58%? geeze he blows and he misses tackles on special teams, pussy run him out of the town.

Big T
i swear to f*cking god if they dont start calling these holds on Woodley and Harrison, I'm going to freak the f*ck out. It is unbelievable how much the Bengals got away with tonight...More than teams usually do. To add to that, roughing the passer on Casey Hampton and PI on Ike covering TO were complete bullsh*t...Casey was being blocked and there was no flag on Ike's PI until T.O. started throwing his little hissy fit. I saw absoltely nothing on that play that wouldve warranted a flag. Such bullsh*t. I dont even feel like we won...Im so pissed off.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Reed is poop, BA had another crap game...ARE's td pass was one play I smiled at!

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:10 AM
i swear to f*cking god if they dont start calling these holds on Woodley and Harrison, I'm going to freak the f*ck out. It is unbelievable how much the Bengals got away with tonight...More than teams usually do. To add to that, roughing the passer on Casey Hampton and PI on Ike covering TO were complete bullsh*t...Casey was being blocked and there was no flag on Ike's PI until T.O. started throwing his little hissy fit. I saw absoltely nothing on that play that wouldve warranted a flag. Such bullsh*t. I dont even feel like we won...Im so pissed off.

Oh don't you fret. I will be printing out some more screen shots of Harrison getting held and I'm gonna send them up to Goodell in a nice little envelope..on second thought, better get me a box..

xBlitzBurghx
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I have never been this mad after a win. They do this every time.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Ya I loved that 50 yarder to Wallace from El. I'll always like El just for that play he made in the superbowl and tonight they ran the exact same play with the same results

Zachintosh66
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
The Hampton penalty was ridiculous... try holding and then threw him into poor pitiful Palmer!

Big T
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh don't you fret. I will be printing out some more screen shots of Harrison getting held and I'm gonna send them up to Goodell in a nice little envelope..on second thought, better get me a box..

good to know. There was one play in particular when Andre Smith pretty much ripped Woodley's head off on the Bengals final possession. I was literally YELLING profanities at the TV. I hate that game so much. The worst part is, as bad as harrison was getting raped with no calls, I think Woodley had it the worst tonight. He was still monster status all night...

and how about we dont put William f*cking Gay on TO every play. That **** was really getting to me...

On a positive note; Rashard Mendenhall is a MAN. Woodley and Harrison are Monsters and Mike Wallace is a tank.

that is all...

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
The Hampton penalty was ridiculous... try holding and then threw him into poor pitiful Palmer!

Allow me to provide a picture of TO/Palmer during the game tonight.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6030/freeinternetgamesforkid.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/freeinternetgamesforkid.jpg/)

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
he was crying at the end of the game lol he has a right to be pissed though, the bengals ****ing suck and T.O. is the best thing to happen to them and the Bungles are the worst thing to happen to him.

LatrobePA
11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Each week we'll notice scores going up due to the lack of hitting.

Don't be shocked if 92 gets fined for the game winning hit on the rookie...

xxxsteelernation
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
lol we all know tomlin had to have called the are to wallace pass. arians would not have the guts to pull something like that.

jnes1216
11-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Ya I loved that 50 yarder to Wallace from El. I'll always like El just for that play he made in the superbowl and tonight they ran the exact same play with the same results

Wallace made that play happen, he made a great adjustment to get the jump ball. Nice to see a trick play here and there.