PDA

View Full Version : Thank Big Ben

SteelCityKid5
11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I've read numerous people calling out Tomlin for not firing Arians. Also, every week or shall I say hour someone on here is complaining about Arians (not saying they shouldnt be). But lets get something straight on here. In the offseason there were multiple sources including Bouchette and Wexell who said Tomlin was set to fire Arians until Ben changed Tomlins mind. I just wanted to get everything ironed out because in all actuality Ben saved Arains because Ben doesnt want another OC to come in here and handcuff him ala Whisenhunt. Which I may add wouldnt be the case but I digress. Arains lets Ben do what he wants and Ben has most of the control of this offense. Yes, Arians is much to blame for our offensive woes but so too is Roethlisberger. And dont call Tomlin a "p*ssy" for not having "balls" to fire Arians. He was on the cusp of firing Arains and I believe he saw a frustrated Ben and wouldnt want to deal with his antics. Whatever Ben said had to be convincing to Tomlin. I dont blame the guy because we're paying our franchise QB $100 mill and if Ben aint gonna be happy aint no body gonna be happy. See: offseason. We cut Holmes kept Ben its as simple as that. Ben has a lot of control of this team because of his position, income, and resume. Also, for the record I'm not by any means against Ben just saying he is to blame too. Which in turn makes me have to admit Im not an Arians guy either. Your thoughts please....

steelchamp204
11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Id take the wiz over arians any day. That was good smashmouth football and Ben didnt need to throw more than 20 times a game. And wiz set Ben up for success, He put Ben in shotgun alot where he is most comfortable and look what Ben did.

--- Added 11/8/2010 at 01:19 PM ---

Also we are missing holmes, I know I am alot. But if it is up to Ben, How comes we arent running the no huddle offense, we were unstoppable when we ran that offense.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Everybody knows that Ben spoke up for Arians, and pretty much saved his job. I don't how true it is that Tomlin was ready to fire Arians, although I do know all the coaches were on the hot seat after how last year ended up.

How can you blame Ben; Bruce basically gave Ben autonomy over the playbook so it included everything Ben liked and can do well, and didn't include the things he didn't like. What QB wouldn't salivate over that type of pull with his coach.

After this season, granted we started out the first 4 games with a different QB, but the offense is still sputtering and taking too long to get in gear.

As far as stats go, our passing offense will not be high for the rest of the year, simply because we are behind the 8 ball from the get go with Ben not being in the mix for the first month. You can't make up a month's worth of passing stats in just a 17 game season. All I want is for this team to get it in gear on offense and give the defense some help.

coldrolled
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
All I want is for this team to get it in gear on offense and give the defense some help.

exactly... help the defense already... it is time... :plus1::plus1:

Goodfrom55
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
My favorite Steeler OC of all time is Ron Earhardt. Pretty basic stuff, but man could he call a good game. Outside of last week vs. the Saints, I believe Arians has done a good job this year. Couple critiques: make better adjustments and most importantly, become less predictable on 1st down - too many runs on 1st down. TOo many 2nd and 8's for my taste.

Otherwise, good system, but we need smater play calling.

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
BA = () <====== BEN

Need I say more!

DanRooney
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Tomlin is the head coach. It's his decision.

igor0190
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't forget The Steelers front office also tried to trade Ben to the Rams....

LarryNJ
11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
They all share the responsibility. It's just as fans we often over simplify things. There are multiple reason why the offense is struggling. But like it was stated just get it into gear and help the team. There's no better time to start than tonight. 35 plus points would do the trick. :)

BLACKnGOLD58
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
They all share the responsibility. It's just as fans we often over simplify things. There are multiple reason why the offense is struggling. But like it was stated just get it into gear and help the team. There's no better time to start than tonight. 35 plus points would do the trick. :)

Oh how happy I would be to see 35+ points tonight

jpele
11-08-2010, 05:10 PM
For what it's worth:

Coach Mike Tomlin insists offensive coordinator Bruce Arians' job was never in danger after the 2009 season.
Of reports that Ben Roethlisberger saved Arians' job, Tomlin said, "All false. It's really a joke." Arians' offenses have been among the most productive in franchise history, but the front office has shown frustration with his pass-heavy attack.

Link (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_672926.html?feed=9)

SteelCityKid5
11-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Jpele... would Tomlin come out and say yeah I was gonna fire him but we kept him any way? I know you said for what its worth and Im just saying

SteelDad
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
My favorite Steeler OC of all time is Ron Earhardt. Pretty basic stuff, but man could he call a good game. Outside of last week vs. the Saints, I believe Arians has done a good job this year. Couple critiques: make better adjustments and most importantly, become less predictable on 1st down - too many runs on 1st down. TOo many 2nd and 8's for my taste.

Otherwise, good system, but we need smater play calling.

Amen brother! Ronny could have us pounding the ball and then boom! He's got O'Donnell in the gun and 5-wide. That was a great offense to watch!

As for the argument that BR saved Arians... Ya, he probably did but let's face it. Mike Tomlin is not going to sacrifice his own job just to keep Ben happy. If our offense continues to go south, he'll be forced to make a move and the OC always goes first.

Clevelandsux
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
No more excuses for bigben tonight. This is his 4th gameback. He's played like **** the last two weeks. The rust should be off.