PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about tonight?

steelchamp204
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I mean, our offense has been dissapointing this year and doesnt seem like the backup dlineman HOOD isnt stepping up to the plate, I know keisel is back. But it always seem the bengals play the steelers tough ALL the time. I jsut dont have a good feeling unless our dbacks step up and dont have errors like lastweek, I just hope we have a more open variety of attack on offense,maybe more Miller,Sanders will get involved and stop throwing these screens out to hines. I might be worrying to much but this is a HUGE game for us.

TampaSteelGirl
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I have to be honest...yes i'm worried for this game and the next few games. I'm also bit concerned about the Browns games...yes I said it. They embarrassed the Pats and beat the Saints...I truly think we have alot to be worried about this season....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Nope, not tonight. The Steelers have the Bengals on the ropes now, they know they've not played up to snuff on offense so they will make things right tonight. They haven't forgotten what happened last year. The defense is still feeling their way around these new rule changes, but this is the AFC North tonight. All rules go out the window and it's dog eat dog out there. I expect them to come out tonight and play well and get the job done.

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm a tad worried, but I have a feeling Troy is going to have a huge game and our D will shut them down...Now all we'll need is for our O to score a few TD's!

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I just dont see the Bengals all of a sudden turning their fortunes around against a team as good as the Steelers are as bad as they have played so far this season. The Bengals defense is a shell of their former self,their offense leads the league in 3 and outs, and if both of those things do not improve drastically tonight the Bengals will get their asses handed to them on a silver platter tonight by the Steelers. If the Steelers come out and get up early on the Bengals and dont let them up off the mat then the Bengals will fold and this game could get out of hand by the half...Nonetheless, this is a MUST win game in the division you can say it enough. The Steelers need to even that division record with the Ravens at 2-1 and hopefully the Falcons take the Ravens out Thursday night and the Steelers will have a chance to take over the division lead come Sunday night against the Patriots at Heinz Field...

SteelDad
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
We could be playing a pee-wee team from Boys Town and I'd be worried.

I really feel like a lot of people on the outside just look at us and say, "Oh they're 5-2 and awesome as usual..." but I don't think people really understand that we are not playing all that great right now, especially on offense. The defense has been bend, don't break, but needs to be better, so heck ya I'm worried about tonight!

madtowndrunkard
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
I have to be honest...yes i'm worried for this game and the next few games. I'm also bit concerned about the Browns games...yes I said it. They embarrassed the Pats and beat the Saints...I truly think we have alot to be worried about this season....

I'm worried about tonight because this feels earily like it did last season when we were 6-2. We all saw leaks in the foundation last year during that nice start....then the damn broke. Arians is still making a very talented group look horrible. Our offensive game plans are still a joke. On the bright side our ST's play has been MUCH improved. We need to re-establish our running game. The Bengals will be blitzing us like crazy. Will Arians make them pay for this? I doubt it. The Bengals will also try to take away our deep plays....will we exploit this? I doubt it. The cure all would be to establish dominance in the running game. If that happens the Bengals are toast. If not we'll be in a last second situation wondering why we beat our selves again.

I do not have faith in Arians and Tomlin game management or personnel decisions. After the game I have this strange feeling we will all be asking why Essex is on the field.

SteelCityKid5
11-08-2010, 01:40 PM
No. Were coming off a loss in which we could have won. The Bengals swept us last year so we owe it to these bastards.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
:eek1: hell no.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
As bad as the team played in the second half last week they had a chance to win late in the 4th quarter until the fumble. You have to think they will be to redeem themselves. I expect Heath to get the ball early on and get him going. I expect Troy to play hard and atone for what he feels is sub par play last week. I like our chances in this game if we do what we're capable of.

super cleats
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
the steelers should win tonight, but be prepared to get whooped by the patriots.

coldrolled
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
as long as BA is at the controls.. there is no easy game...

tomlin says they go over all this game film to plan a strategy... and he doesnt notice our offense is missing tons of great offensive plays that are being called by the other teams offense... he only needs to say, hey BA why dont we call a few of these plays that we have to constantly defend against... they seem to work... im confused on that issue... it's like tomlin and BA are in two different departments and somone else is their boss.... rooney?

GoBenGo
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
If it were just left up to probability , logic, and personnel, it's a no-brainer...however it is exactly these scenarios that we seem to step up, defy then experts and make the opposition look like world ....

Bengals are at last gasp.....we could just put em out liken cigg butt....

Run..run..run..run..run..run..run...

--- Added 11/8/2010 at 01:14 PM ---

Our offense should decide this game....

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
the steelers should win tonight, but be prepared to get whooped by the patriots.

The Patriots might very well beat the Steelers but they are by no means going to whoop the Steelers. The Patriots will be a very tough game for the Steelers to win no doubt, but dont think by the same token that the Patriots are looking forward to coming into Heinz Field for a Sunday night primetime game against a pretty good Steelers team knowing that they desperately need to win to keep pace with the Jets in their division. Winning at Heinz Field next Sunday for the Pats will be a tall tall order for them no doubt...

steelersbabex25
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm always worried for the Steelers. See: 2009 season

Root4Stlrs
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm always worried for the Steelers. See: 2009 season

Same here. I get nervous for every game. This game is a big worry b/c it's a division game, in particular, and we really need to win it.

Steel Trap86
11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Not too worried, the Bengals beat us twice last year and jumped around like they won the superbowl...plus we're coming off a loss. I think they're a little bit worried in Cincinnati tonight.

The Patriots got whooped by the Browns, Hillis who isn't even healthy rushed for 183 yards and 2 TD's, hell Colt McCoy even got in on it and rushed for his own TD. The Patriots defense is a **** show right now and the Steelers can expose it at home. I don't think the Pats are that good to go in to Pitt and take it to them like GB did to Dallas last night!

Goodfrom55
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm simply nervous because regardless of the Bengals record, this is a division rivalry and for some reason, playing the Steelers seems to "right" teams to a degree. Teams tend to play their best against (us). I think the key is to run the ball until Mendy's legs fall off (25 to 30 carries) and get off the field on 3rd down defensively. It is a game the Steelers SHOULD win, but I think that's what worries me the most, and of course, the potential the Bengals offense has.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
The Patriots might very well beat the Steelers but they are by no means going to whoop the Steelers. The Patriots will be a very tough game for the Steelers to win no doubt, but dont think by the same token that the Patriots are looking forward to coming into Heinz Field for a Sunday night primetime game against a pretty good Steelers team knowing that they desperately need to win to keep pace with the Jets in their division. Winning at Heinz Field next Sunday for the Pats will be a tall tall order for them no doubt...

If we actually pull off a win. Look out NFL.

BLACKnGOLD58
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
as long as BA is at the controls.. there is no easy game...

tomlin says they go over all this game film to plan a strategy... and he doesnt notice our offense is missing tons of great offensive plays that are being called by the other teams offense... he only needs to say, hey BA why dont we call a few of these plays that we have to constantly defend against... they seem to work... im confused on that issue... it's like tomlin and BA are in two different departments and somone else is their boss.... rooney?

Agreed, I expect more **** poor play calling from Bruce, and all of us will be disappointed....again....I can't comprehend how we continue to let this moron run our offense.....even if we win, do steelers fans really think the style of offense we have now will be good enough to make a run for the SB this year?....all this talent with such a limited offense.....I hope I'm wrong and by some miracle we finally start clicking to become the versatile offense we can be:crossfingers: we need to win tonight, and next week to keep up with the other AFC contenders......my girl is patriots fan (her whole family is from boston) and she has been able to predict the plays that Bruce Arians calls week after week.....isn't that sickening?.....my father and I will be watching the game with her and all of a sudden my girlfreind will come out and predict the play whatever that may be.....and I really don't want her giving me s*** next week if the pats beat us lol.....LETS GO STEELERS

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
A win by the Bengals tonight I believe really improves the Ravens chances of winning the AFC North because the Steelers will no longer control their own destiny in the AFC North to win all the tiebrakers if they lose this game. The Steelers really have a chance to make that loss the Ravens suffered to the Bengals in week 2 hurt a lot more tonight if they are able to win this game in Cincinnati tonight because it will allow the Steelers to finish with a better overall division record then the Ravens should they beat the Ravens in Baltimore and win out in the division. A loss to the Bengals tonight will not make that possible which is why it's very critical for the Steelers to win this game tonight...

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Tonight is the night for the Bengals, it's now or never...They lose this game and their season is OVER.

They will play us tough, and will throw everything at us...Look for them to use a ton of NH hurry up offense to slow the pass rush...

Steel Trap86
11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Watch the blitzes they throw at us all night tonight

Clevelandsux
11-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Personally I think the Bengals are just what the doctor ordered for the Steelers to get back on track. There secondary is awful. Big Ben should be able to put up some points. I think our defense can shutdown the bengals.

Nervous. Well I always am. But there is no team i'd rather see than the Bengals tonight.

steelchamp204
11-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Tank Johnson is now out for the bengals and odom and another player for the defense starter, we need to run the all on these guys. we just need to play solid defense tonight.