PDA

View Full Version : Worst steeler of all time?

K Train
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
This might sound terrible but who do you guys think is the worst steeler of all time? I need to know for a game.

Forged in Steel
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Neil O’Donnell, Kent Graham, or Tommy Maddox. I would have to say Neil O’Donnell.

Steelerlyn
12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Neil O’Donnell, Kent Graham, or Tommy Maddox. I would have to say Neil O’Donnell.

In defense of Tommy Maddox, he is the reason we won the 2002 Wildcard game with Cleveland. The next game was in Tennessee and that is where he got hurt badly and it all went downhill from there.

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Kent Graham, hands down. Mark Malone belong there also.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Well I think two names pop up quick in my mind. Jamain Stephens and Tim Worley.

Both were first round picks and busts. Worley had a drug problem and Stephens just sucked.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Scott Shields comes to mind, what a bust !!! Jamian Stephens for sure, Tim Worley too.

K Train
12-13-2006, 04:19 PM
lol thanks for the names, check this site out

http://www.steelertribute.com/L_WORST_PRSNL.HTM

Captcoolhand
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
This is one of those threads that can go on forever but one that stands out for me was Troy Edwards, Louisiana Tech. Another 1st round loser:banging:

Captcoolhand
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Cool,I named Troy before I even went to the other site mentioned:bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Barrett Brooks, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Chad Scott, Chris Doering,

Blitzburgh55
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
This is one of those threads that can go on forever but one that stands out for me was Troy Edwards, Louisiana Tech. Another 1st round loser:banging:

:iagree: For sure

augustashark
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Kordell Stewart.............Two INT'S in the last 5 mins of the 2001 AFC Championship.......Wasted some good years on him....

Easy to say any 1st rounder that never made it to be the worst, but we did'nt give Worley 5yrs of trying.......

SteelerFan87
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't get people saying Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, or Neil O'Donnell. Those guys all had productive years and won playoff games. Hell, practically everyone that's been mentioned at least did SOMETHING for the Steelers, which is more than I can say for the guy I choose (and other people have already mentioned) Kent Graham. The guy sucked. He couldn't move and he couldn't throw. I'd rather have Pete Gonzalez, Mike Quinn, Rod Rutherford, Omar Jacobs, Brian St. Pierre, or any of the other 3rd string QBs we get and then never use over Kent Graham. I mean, the guy sucked so much, in 2000 he got us in such a huge hole that Kordell Stewart came back and was almost able to get us into the playoffs. If we had never tried Graham, we probably would have at least been a wildcard that year.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Cause they all caused us heart break at one time. Hell Neil O'Donnell thought Larry Brown was a Steeler. Hell that is enough to get on my $hit list forever.

I don't get people saying Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, or Neil O'Donnell. Those guys all had productive years and won playoff games. Hell, practically everyone that's been mentioned at least did SOMETHING for the Steelers, which is more than I can say for the guy I choose (and other people have already mentioned) Kent Graham. The guy sucked. He couldn't move and he couldn't throw. I'd rather have Pete Gonzalez, Mike Quinn, Rod Rutherford, Omar Jacobs, Brian St. Pierre, or any of the other 3rd string QBs we get and then never use over Kent Graham. I mean, the guy sucked so much, in 2000 he got us in such a huge hole that Kordell Stewart came back and was almost able to get us into the playoffs. If we had never tried Graham, we probably would have at least been a wildcard that year.

SteelerFan87
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
True, but this isn't most heartbreaking Steeler, it's worst Steeler. I think the title goes to Graham hands down.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2006, 09:37 PM
True, but this isn't most heartbreaking Steeler, it's worst Steeler. I think the title goes to Graham hands down.

I agree with you Bro. I havn't forgave Neil O'Donnell for throwing away Super Bowl XXX and probally never will. For Kordell Stewart yes he broke Steelers fans hearts twice in AFC title games. But these two are far from the worse Steeler ever since the Steelers did have success with these two at QB. They bring us a Lombardi Trophey but they did have some very good moments.

Thats why I named first round busts like Jamain Stephens and Tim Worley. I agree Kent Graham is another good choice for worst Steeler ever. I remember when the Steelers signed that tool and I was pissed about it. To think he actually started three games for the Steelers during the 2000 season.:banging:

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I am surprise you guys haven't mentioned Mark Malone.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
How can doubt the Tom Selleck look alike :lol:

Worst Steeler leaves alot open to interpretation so it's all in how you look at it, but I think Stephens has to be near the top as a complete waste of a 1st round pick and one of the worst ever, he never had any good games for us.

Steelerlyn
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
This is interesting: http://www.steelertribute.com/L_WORST_PRSNL.HTM

Steelx
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
How about Quincy Morgan? He was a brown. Brian St. Pierre

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Quincy did pretty good with us in the Burgh. St. Pierre seems to be our little whore, sign on a few games and ditched off like a ragdoll.

K Train
12-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Quincy was a nice returner.

SteelerFan87
12-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Quincy was a nice returner.

Imagine if we had him doing that this year. :banging:

K Train
12-13-2006, 11:49 PM
i'd rather have randel el back there :banging:

rainman
12-14-2006, 07:03 AM
To me, a Steeler is a Steeler. Some never lived up to our expectations but I'm sure most gave their all for the Black & Gold.

House of Steel
12-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Randle El? Sure, he would of been doing a whole lot better here. But he sure is stinking it up in Washington. The boy followed the green and look what it is doing to his career, GOING DOWN!!!!

AZ_Steeler
12-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Mark Malone, just because I hated that dude!!!

House of Steel
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, someone finally took notice. Thank you, AZ. I thought Mark Malone was an idiot as well as Kent Graham.

Boneheaded moves: Passing up Dan Marino in the draft and cutting Johnny Unitas is another. Passing up Jim Brown too.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Randle El? Sure, he would of been doing a whole lot better here. But he sure is stinking it up in Washington. The boy followed the green and look what it is doing to his career, GOING DOWN!!!!

Isn't that the way it happens so many times...players leave us for more money and find out the grass isn't so green after all ! Too bad, so sad, it's their loss !

K Train
12-14-2006, 03:36 PM
he had to go to washington because they have so many "weapons" and Saunders is like gods gift to coaching or something, ive said before that they spent money in all the wrong places nd basicallly gave a PR a $30 million dollar deal, we need him on ST, he was a mediocre WR, but he made the big bucks since he threw a few pretty passes i guess.

Forged in Steel
12-14-2006, 07:46 PM
In defense of Tommy Maddox, he is the reason we won the 2002 Wildcard game with Cleveland. The next game was in Tennessee and that is where he got hurt badly and it all went downhill from there.

I was at that game, all the way at the top on the side facing the away side.

Callax
05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I have to put jermain stephens at the top of waste of blood n breath as a top pick..
Scott shields was a terrible 2nd round pick big fast but slow on reading coverage...
Tim Worley BUST!!!!
John Reinstra bust!!!! (look him up if u got questions)

jermain stephens No. 1 BUST!!!

DanRooney
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Your love with Randle El continues to amuse me. He was not and still isn't a good returner. In fact, Washington is trying to get him off PR duties because he runs backwards, jukes, and falls down (by himself) on every return.

The worst Steeler of all time goes to Mitch Berger btw.

K Train
05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Your love with Randle El continues to amuse me. He was not and still isn't a good returner. In fact, Washington is trying to get him off PR duties because he runs backwards, jukes, and falls down (by himself) on every return.

this thread is 3 years old

randel el was a good returner when he was with us, he avg 10+ yards a return

SteelerSal
05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Well to add a new name to an old topic...Huey Richardson beats out all first round busts in my opinion.

Lunchbucket
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Got to agree with John Reinstra ,I foolishly thought he was a Hall of fame pick. Richardson was bad too.

steelcityrockers
05-10-2009, 09:55 PM
AQ Shipley.

Calling it.

Callax
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Well to add a new name to an old topic...Huey Richardson beats out all first round busts in my opinion.

GOOD CALL!!!!
I forgot about him.... Too slow/not quick enough to play LB,
Not big/strong enough to play DL or DE....

I think that was Cowher's first pick when he became Pitt HC!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Scott Shields comes to mind, what a bust !!! Jamian Stephens for sure, Tim Worley too.

Agree. I add Carey Davis. LOL! :tt02: Kordell wouldn't be far behind.

Steelerfan81
05-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Sorry, but anyone who QB'ed us to a Super Bowl or AFC Championship game isn't a bum. Jermain Stephens was probably the worst ever. He did absolutely nothing for us. Alonzo Jackson should also be on the list.

SteelerSal
05-11-2009, 07:12 AM
GOOD CALL!!!!
I forgot about him.... Too slow/not quick enough to play LB,
Not big/strong enough to play DL or DE....

I think that was Cowher's first pick when he became Pitt HC!!!!!

Richardson was drafted while Noll was still coaching.

Interesting WIKI write-up about Richardson and the 911 attack.

Huey L. Richardson (born February 2, 1968 in Atlanta, Georgia) is a former American football linebacker and a first round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1991 NFL Draft.

[edit] Draft
Based on a conversation with former Steelers director of scouting, Max McCartney, with three picks remaining before the Steelers picked at number 15, they had three players targeted that they would be willing to select: WR Alvin Harper of Tennessee, WR Mike Pritchard of Colorado and RB Leonard Russell of Arizona State. When those three players were all drafted with the three preceding selections (Dallas, Atlanta and New England respectively), Pittsburgh was unprepared and was forced to make a decision on a player before their 15 minute time limit expired. They settled on Richardson who was a standout, dynamic pass-rushing defensive end at the University of Florida, where he was an All-American in 1990.

[edit] Professional career
Richardson played only five games with the Steelers in 1991, registering no statistics. Following the 1991 season, long-time head coach Chuck Noll retired and was replaced by Bill Cowher. One of Cowher's first orders of business was to find out if he had to keep Richardson on the roster since he was a recent 1st-round pick. When the Pittsburgh GM said he should keep the top 47 players regardless of their draft history, Richardson was dealt to the Washington Redskins for a seventh round draft pick; if a trade hadn't been possible, Richardson would have simply been waived. After four uneventful games with the Redskins, he was released and signed with the New York Jets. At the end of the 1992 season, after seven games with the Jets, Richardson's short NFL career ended, registering no tackles or measurable statistics.

[edit] After football & 9/11
Huey returned to college and earned his MBA from Emory University in 2000 and currently works as a financial analyst for Merrill Lynch in New York City. He was in the World Trade Center for a meeting on the morning of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. His meeting was scheduled to take place on an upper floor of the building but he was delayed in the lobby before boarding the elevator. He was able to leave the building safely after the first plane hit the building.[1]

lloydfan4life
05-11-2009, 07:31 AM

:yesnod:

Sir Blitzelot
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Two words, Kent Graham. :evilshake:

Zachintosh66
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Sean Mehan is a consideration

BlackGold4vr
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Roy Gerela was an atrocious place kicker for the first 2 Steeler SB teams!

Forged in Steel
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Omar Jacobs.

Silverback 92
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
kent graham was horrid

aaronsmith91
05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Carey Davis :)

redtornadosteeler21
05-12-2009, 12:56 AM
kordell when not playing as slash!!!

Callax
05-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Sean Mehan is a consideration

he was terrible as a center/guard for us...one team's garbage is another team's treasure...:banana:

V_83
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Omar Jacobs.

Wasn't he a quarterback from BG? How long was he even on the team?

steelcityrockers
05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
About 4 months.

Ambridge
05-14-2009, 08:37 AM
My two favorite worst Steelers of all time are Chad Scott and DeWayne Washington.
Those two got scorched so much they should have been spokesmen for Kingsford Charcoal.

MDSteel15
05-14-2009, 09:56 AM
1. Huey Richardson
2. Carey Davis
3. Jemaine Stephens
4. Alonzo Jackson
5. Troy Edwards
6. David Woodley
7. Mark Malone
8. Sean Mahan
9. Dewayne Washington
10.Kent Graham

Gettysburgh_Steel
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Todd Blackledge should be on the all time worst Steelers list . We didn't draft him , but he was so bad , not many even know he was once one of us . He "sucked" his way out of peoples minds .

BFISHIN80
05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
My two favorite worst Steelers of all time are Chad Scott and DeWayne Washington.
Those two got scorched so much they should have been spokesmen for Kingsford Charcoal.

HAHAHAHA.....DeWayne Washington was the biggest turd in Steeler history.

K Train
05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
carey davis is hardly the second worst steeler of all time