PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again Browns...

Troyisabeast_43
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
For once again upsetting a team like the Patriots today like you did the Saints two weeks ago when the Steelers have to play that same team next week, when you had no business winning either of these games. Now much like last week the Steelers are going to get a much more focused and prepared and desperate Pats team coming in here needing to win to keep pace with the Jets in the division. Ill say this much if the Ravens win that game Thursday night in Atlanta and the Steelers by some chance dont win tomorrow night in Cincy they are going to be pretty damn close to MUST win mode facing the Patriots here next Sunday. These next 2 games for the Steelers with the Bengals and Patriots are absolutely huge...

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 08:36 PM
...Peyton hillis is a throwback kind of player...scary...getting it done...he has just been punishing and wearing teams out....
To hell with the rest of the clowns....

Troyisabeast_43
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hillis didnt run at all against the Steelers they pretty much held him in check for the entire game...

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Hillis didnt run at all against the Steelers they pretty much held him in check for the entire game...
:plus1:Youre absolutely right TiAB...Yet some feel our d is in trouble....very intriguing....:thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
If we can't beat teams at the their best then we aren't as good as we think we are. The Browns to their credit beat to playoff caliber teams back to back, and now we get the aftermath. Belichick doesn't usually lose 2 in a row so we are going to have to bring our A game for sure weekend at Heinz.

First things first though, the Bengals are desperate too, in a much worse situation than the Pats. This game is a must win for us, even more now that the Ratbirds won today.

Blazedby92
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
For once again upsetting a team like the Patriots today like you did the Saints two weeks ago when the Steelers have to play that same team next week, when you had no business winning either of these games. Now much like last week the Steelers are going to get a much more focused and prepared and desperate Pats team coming in here needing to win to keep pace with the Jets in the division. Ill say this much if the Ravens win that game Thursday night in Atlanta and the Steelers by some chance dont win tomorrow night in Cincy they are going to be pretty damn close to MUST win mode facing the Patriots here next Sunday. These next 2 games for the Steelers with the Bengals and Patriots are absolutely huge...

We need to win games just as bad as the Pats and the Saints so if they want it more than we do then we don't deserve to win in the first place. I won't give the Clowns credit for us losing anyways.

WHO WANTS IT MORE??

Troyisabeast_43
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM
The Steelers for whatever reason when they are playing a good team like the Saints or the Patriots who they get next week and they absolutely need to win do not seem to bring their A game for whatever reason and they can never seem to find any kind of groove in these games. Maybe it's just me talking but that's what it seems like. When a good team needs to win a game in the most desperate way and they play the Steelers they usually seem to end up winning it...

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Hillis was banged up our first meeting...He's a badass white boy!!

I love the way this kid runs!!

IMO Brady hates life right now!

steelersbabex25
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
:dunno: Why everyone is all hung up on this Browns beating the team we're playing the week before thing. Kinda sounds like some superstitious $hit to me. Honestly, any team can beat any time on any given day. What does it matter who they played the week before, or if they won or lost?

Moondog
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I didn't give the Browns much credit against the Saints, I figured it was a fluke, but man..they laid an *** kicking on the Pats, I gotta give them credit for that. I look at it this way: the Steelers just need to rise up and take this game in Cincy and then return home to play the Pats, and to our defense, we're no pushovers at home. It won't be easy for the Pats to come into Heinz field where there is no love lost and take this game from Pittsburgh, no way, no how. :tt02: :tt02:

coldrolled
11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
they scored 64 points in two games....

hmmm......

nuclearchihuahuas
11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
No doubt, the Browns have found their offense. I hope we find ours tomorrow night and carry it into next Sunday. The Bengals are first; we need to use them to get our offense rolling. The Patriots are a huge challenge especially since they were beaten so badly this week.

Real Deal Steel
11-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Don't be fooled. Genius Bill is going to have a game plan worked up for us. The make up of the Browns defense is a weaker version of ours. So now the Belichek has seen it from the Browns, it will help him prepare for us. We can't take this game lightly. It's going to be a dog fight.

madtowndrunkard
11-08-2010, 12:10 AM
they scored 64 points in two games....

hmmm......

Yea I think we are the last people who should be disrespecting the Browns. We need to start dominating teams if we think we are a legit contender. The Browns don't seem to have a problem getting up for big games and winning in decisive fashion. Why can't we do the same?

We need to get it together and real off some big wins. Tomlin needs to prove he's a legit coach and can get over on good teams. I still credit most of his SB ring to Bill Cowher and his staff / system he left behind.

When are we going to start playing sharp football for 60 minutes?

JensK
11-08-2010, 04:42 AM
You have to give Browns all the probs in the world. They are outcoaching teams right now, plain and simple. They are not overly talented, but they find ways to win despite that!The win over Pats was as impressive as they come imo. Also, McCoy is looking a little to sharp for my taste :P Playing them in Cleveland is not going to be an easy task

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Their OC was fired up, it would be nice for our worthless bastard to show some emotion.

Did you see Thomas knock him on his *** after their chest bump, pretty damn funny!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 09:37 AM
If the Browns can steal that game next week at home against the Jets which you know that Mangini will be fired up for seeing that he is facing the team that fired him for the very first time the Browns have a very legit chance of getting to 6-5 with teams like Jacksonville and Carolina up next on their schedule. I cant believe that I am actually sitting here saying that the Browns might actually have a chance to compete for a WC playoff spot if they can win their next 3 games against the Jets,Jags,and Panthers and get to 6-5 which is not completely and totally out of the question. The Browns currently should have a better record then 3-5 they have played very good football this year. Those 2 losses early on in the year to Tampa and KC in games where the Browns could have and should have won are killing them right now from being a 5-3 team and right in the thick of the division and playoff race...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm more worried about the Bengals in Cincy then the Pats to be honest......The Steelers were swept by the Bengals last year and Mike Zimmer owns BA......lol Well everybody owns BA these days but Zimmer had a very good game plan vs the Steelers....

I think the Pats are over-rated and this current Pats teams are not at the level they were when they were winning Super Bowls......Even though Randy Moss is a lazy ego maniac the Pats still miss him.....Welker hasn't done **** since Moss has been gone.....They miss Moss's ability to dictate coverage...........The Pats won't run on the Steelers........The Steelers pass rush must get to Brady......I don't think the Pats defense is anything special either......

Of course the Pats are still a good football team and they don't lose back to back games under Belichick but still if the Steelers beat the Bengals tonight then I like their chances to be the Pats in Pittsburgh next Sunday.......

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
With the Browns punking the Patriots yesterday, I am a little less worried about the pats game.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
if anything you should be more worried. The Pats will be pissed off that they played like crap yesterday and lost to an inferior team. The same situation that the Saints were in. Playing the Pats is always a wild game so I expect them to be at their best and we need to be as well.

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
if anything im more worried about the browns round 2 at the end of the season. confidence is a dangerous thing

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm more worried about the Bengals in Cincy then the Pats to be honest......The Steelers were swept by the Bengals last year and Mike Zimmer owns BA......lol Well everybody owns BA these days but Zimmer had a very good game plan vs the Steelers....

I think the Pats are over-rated and this current Pats teams are not at the level they were when they were winning Super Bowls......Even though Randy Moss is a lazy ego maniac the Pats still miss him.....Welker hasn't done **** since Moss has been gone.....They miss Moss's ability to dictate coverage...........The Pats won't run on the Steelers........The Steelers pass rush must get to Brady......I don't think the Pats defense is anything special either......

Of course the Pats are still a good football team and they don't lose back to back games under Belichick but still if the Steelers beat the Bengals tonight then I like their chances to be the Pats in Pittsburgh next Sunday.......
If the Steelers are able to win both of these games in a span of 6 days to prepare I will feel a lot better about their chances to not only win this division over the Ravens but also get the top seed in the AFC and have a legit chance to get back to the Super Bowl...Tomlin cannot afford to have another mid-season letdown like he has had 2 of his first 3 seasons here in 07 and 09. This is usually the time it starts and if the Steelers want to be in this thing in the long run you gotta win games like tonight against a bad Bengals team it's really that simple...

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
the saints game did show how much we do miss aaron smith, it seemed like we could get no pressure on brees consistintly through out the game, now i'm not saying palmer is brees but we stilll can't let palmer have time to think like we did bree's and one thing we have on our side is palmer sucks on roll outs.

Troyisabeast_43
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
the saints game did show how much we do miss aaron smith, it seemed like we could get no pressure on brees consistintly through out the game, now i'm not saying palmer is brees but we stilll can't let palmer have time to think like we did bree's and one thing we have on our side is palmer sucks on roll outs.

The Bengals lead the league in 3 and outs so the Steelers should be able to get a bunch of those and in turn get very good field position that will give a short field for the Steelers offense...The Steelers offense I believe is going to get plenty of good chances on a short field early in this game to put the ball in the end zone and they absolutely have got to take advantage of this and put the Bengals behind early and often...

coldrolled
11-08-2010, 02:41 PM

aaron smith??? the saints didnt run the ball... we held them to 6 points into the 3rd quarter... try Aarians Dumbness.

Goodfrom55
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Browns and Steelers defensive schemes are similar and aggressive so yes, it will make the Patriots game next week very interesting. I've always said if not Dick LeBeau, I would love to have Rob Ryan as our DC. The guy is a nut and he does a good job with what he has. Will follow up more on this after the Steelers (hopefully) go to 6-2.

AZ_Steeler
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm personally getting tired of the Browns pissing these teams of before the Steelers play them... New Orleans, now the Patriots

Blazedby92
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
BOTTOM LINE IF WE CAN'T BEAT TEAMS WITH THEIR "A" GAME THEN MOST LIKELY IT ISN'T GOING TO MATTER IF WE MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS ANYWAYS BECAUSE THATS WHEN TEAMS USUALLY BRING THEIR BEST TOO.

Sounds like everyone expects us to have it easy all the way. If we can't play our best now then what will happen in the playoffs

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Sounds like everyone expects us to have it easy all the way. If we can't play our best now then what will happen in the playoffs

See the Jax game from a couples years ago...YUK!!

Clevelandsux
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
First of all, **** the Browns. I hate them and there fans. I'm never going to tip my hat to them or there douchebag fanbase.

Steel Trap86
11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Who cares what Cleveland did, the only way anybody is gonna know if this team is for real is if they beat teams at their best. I hope they bring their A game and I hope nobody, but Brady is behind center. We have had trouble with Brady traditionally and if we can take out the Pats next Sunday it would be a big boost for this team.

I don't know why anybody would want to play a bunch of **** teams all year long and take the easy route into the playoffs, that's not how the Steelers do it.