PDA

View Full Version : Helmet to Helmet

coach
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I Just saw the refs throw flags on the Collie hit v. Eagles. Feel bad for him but that contact was iTOTALLY ncidental IMO. This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.

Dee Mca
11-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Looked like a clean hit to me. If anyone is to blame....Blame Peyton for throwing that pass. He should have known Collie was going to get creamed.

JensK
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I Just saw the refs throw flags on the Collie hit v. Eagles. Feel bad for him but that contact was iTOTALLY ncidental IMO. This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.

The hit was not illegal, but I can understand why they throw the flag. They only see the play one time in game-speed, and it did kind of look like h2h initially. Remember, you cannot review a Penalty. With that being said, if that hit is fined later, it's out of this world.

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
.....I agree...clean hit....glad you posted this... I was just thinking the same thing and you provided me an outlet to vent....
Best wishes to him, he's a player...manning must bear some responsibility here though...the very next pass could have been the same kind of hit....no wonder his receiver ranks are so thin...he's killing them...

coach
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
The hit was not illegal, but I can understand why they throw the flag. They only see the play one time in game-speed, and it did kind of look like h2h initially. Remember, you cannot review a Penalty. With that being said, if that hit is fined later, it's out of this world.

I agree with you in part. But go back and look at what transpired as a result of that call. What was an incomplete pass turns into three points eventually. The outcome of the game is far more important than whetever fines are paid. This will ultimately result in the rules being changed back in some way to what we are used to. The teams GMs will complain the loudest when one of them gets eliminated from the playoffs and the replay clearly shows that the refs erred.

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Clean hit, bad call....

Zachintosh66
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.

it already has, 10 point swing in 2 min...

Collie ducked into the hit... I still dont understand how that is a defensive player problem when the offensive guy ducks himself into the hit.

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Did you notice bitch *** Manning on the very next play threw the exact same throw knowing the defense would be gun shy....????

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Hmmmmm. Marino said that was not on Peyton...."he gave him two steps, plenty of room to protect himself"... Now I know mr Marino has thrown a few footballs for pay himself, and I respect that, but Manning is going to get these young receivers killed....you don't see him stringing out Wayne on a regular basis over he middle....
Imho. I just think the QB has fallen out of the leagues discussion on these hits...just sticking it to the defender who is 90% of the time acting reactionary.....
Jus sayin

JensK
11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I agree with you in part. But go back and look at what transpired as a result of that call. What was an incomplete pass turns into three points eventually. The outcome of the game is far more important than whetever fines are paid. This will ultimately result in the rules being changed back in some way to what we are used to. The teams GMs will complain the loudest when one of them gets eliminated from the playoffs and the replay clearly shows that the refs erred.

This would not be as big a deal, if the league itself did not focus so much on helmet to helmet hits atm. Had all the fines Harrison and others received, I doubt this would even have been a topic. My point is, this is only a bad call because of what have happened prior to this game. In reality, the hit happens so fast that the refs only have a moments to judge whether or not it is illegal. While the helmet to helmet contact was not intended at all, and unavoidable, i can easily understand why the refs would call it.

The call was not as bad as all of those wrong passinterference calls we see every single week imo. With that being said, as I stated before, this should not be Penalized at all, however following NFLs new sets of rules, number 42 will get 50k... That was what Dunta Robinson got for an unintentional h2h.

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Did you notice bitch *** Manning on the very next play threw the exact same throw knowing the defense would be gun shy....????
Yup...he doesn't give a flying phuck about the individual....fill the slot with another mindless rook that will blindly run a crossing route for him...:imho:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
it already has, 10 point swing in 2 min...

Collie ducked into the hit... I still dont understand how that is a defensive player problem when the offensive guy ducks himself into the hit.

Absolutely! He took 2 steps after the catch and ducked his head into the hit (I believe trying to get small and protect the ball). He was not defenseless, he made "a football move"...it seems he is going to be ok but did you hear the commentator after the hit? He doesn't understand why people are so upset with the rules. I am glad Collie will be alright, I just hope the player that hit him will be the same.

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
.....I agree...clean hit....glad you posted this... I was just thinking the same thing and you provided me an outlet to vent....
Best wishes to him, he's a player...manning must bear some responsibility here though...the very next pass could have been the same kind of hit....no wonder his receiver ranks are so thin...he's killing them.... Right with ya 'Trobe !:plus1:
Ther could be a riot at this Philly game 'fore it's over!
The masses are angry...er...

coach
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
This would not be as big a deal, if the league itself did not focus so much on helmet to helmet hits atm. Had all the fines Harrison and others received, I doubt this would even have been a topic. My point is, this is only a bad call because of what have happened prior to this game. In reality, the hit happens so fast that the refs only have a moments to judge whether or not it is illegal. While the helmet to helmet contact was not intended at all, and unavoidable, i can easily understand why the refs would call it.

The call was not as bad as all of those wrong passinterference calls we see every single week imo. With that being said, as I stated before, this should not be Penalized at all, however following NFLs new sets of rules, number 42 will get 50k... That was what Dunta Robinson got for an unintentional h2h.

I like your posts and I'll probably agree with you more tomorrow than I do right now. I layed 2.5 to take the Eagles against Manning. Those points just gave me a sharp pain behind my right eye. The beers I had this afternoon don't help any either. Lucky for me I also took the Giants (38-0).

Enjoy the games and let's all hope we get a big win tomorrow.

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Yup...he doesn't give a flying phuck about the individual....fill the slot with another mindless rook that will blindly run a crossing route for him...:imho:

IMO it showed poor taste! You just about killed Lassie I mean Collie then you come back with another one...

GoBenGo
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
IMO it showed poor taste! You just about killed Lassie I mean Collie then you come back with another one...
Showed he doesn't care...that's for sure...tamme' s next.....:popcorn:

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Showed he doesn't care...that's for sure...tamme' s next.....:popcorn:

Yes sir, if he caught that one he'd been layed out!!

igor0190
11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Pretty sure they threw the flag after they realized Collie wasn't getting up (during the fumble return).

coldrolled
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
well the harrison masaquoi hit was even less of a hit as masaquoi ducked down even more before the hit... should be 75,000 well.. just kidding, this is where the NFl is going to lose viewers.. a clean hit and fumble... game changer... this is bad ...

harrison has more ammo too.

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Collins for the packs knocked Williams the F out with a H2H hit, that one should be a suspension....

GoBenGo
11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Collins for the packs knocked Williams the F out with a H2H hit, that one should be a suspension....

Oh hail yeah! That can reign as the example of what the NFL is targeting....

DIESELMAN
11-08-2010, 06:40 AM

Yeah the refs should've thrown a couple of flags on that hit. Not only was it H2H but Collins drilled him in the back of his helmet. That should definitely be a fine and suspension.

coldrolled
11-08-2010, 06:44 AM

he was testing the refs for reliability... once the league and refs get the mannings at least 5 super bowls... this will end... all these hit rules play right into the style of manning football. conspiracy :plus1:

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 08:35 AM
he was testing the refs for reliability... once the league and refs get the mannings at least 5 super bowls... this will end... all these hit rules play right into the style of manning football. conspiracy :plus1:

LOL, you see it that way too huh...They tried real hard yesterday to give Manning the game!

coldrolled
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
LOL, you see it that way too huh...They tried real hard yesterday to give Manning the game!

i love the hand on the head penalty... i thought it was a smack on the head rule...

now its just a brush by.. but hey a 15 yarder for manning.

LatrobePA
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
i love the hand on the head penalty... i thought it was a smack on the head rule...

now its just a brush by.. but hey a 15 yarder for manning.

Yea, It's a shame that he gets that kinda treatment but he does...Make me hate his *** more!! lol

xxxsteelernation
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
omg i just watched the hit and the guy that hit him Quintin Mikell i used to go to high school with him..lol we was in several classes that just messed up hit though very clean. funny how he was a WR when i played with him in high school