PDA

View Full Version : Bubble screens to Hines...

DanRooney
11-05-2010, 08:57 PM
anyone else sick of seeing this? Why let your slowest receiver try to battle his way to a 3 to 4 yard gain instead of putting the ball in Sanders hands with Ward out in front? A guy like Sanders, who has elusiveness and speed, could gain a considerable amount of yardage on these plays, especially when teams are blitz heavy.

Arians Abortion is what this playcalling is is.

Iron City South
11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I quit trying to figure out what's going on in that pea brain of Arians.

I just seek solace in the fact that he's a dumbass.

LatrobePA
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
3-4 per game, no one will ever catch on to what BA is drawing up....But that's all he has, he's by far the weak link in our offense....

Speeed
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I think his tactic is to force opposing teams to have no idea what in the hell is he going to try next. What I would do, if I were coaching against him, would to ask myself "what would make sense in this situation?" Then set my D for the total opposite.

I think Arians doesn't even know what plays he is going to call. He even keeps himself guessing.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I quit trying to figure out what's going on in that pea brain of Arians.

I just seek solace in the fact that he's a dumbass.

:plus1:

coldrolled
11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
cinci will have 8 in the box and blitz all night. hopefully arians has an anawer.

Iron City South
11-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I will say this..

If I was an opposing team with 2 quality cover corners, I'll tell them to expect at least 1 bubble screen in the 1st or 2nd series of the game and tell them to jump the route for a pick 6.

As sure as the sun rises from the east, you know it's coming.

LatrobePA
11-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a bad feeling BA will not have an answer for what the bungles are going to bring...

jnes1216
11-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Sometimes I think these screens got their start from the pass heavy days of BA when he would occasionally use them as a substitute for the struggling run game to set up 2nd and short. Which further leads his mentality to abandon the run. Now it seems he is using them more frequently. These plays should be a change of pace not a staple.

You would think LeBeau and Arians would critique each others game plans and identify weaknesses/tendencies and then try to come up with some answers. Not every week but on the bye. Maybe they do who knows. Guarantee LeBeau would be blitz heavy too.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm for anything that gets the ball out faster

DanRooney
11-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Sometimes I think these screens got their start from the pass heavy days of BA when he would occasionally use them as a substitute for the struggling run game to set up 2nd and short. Which further leads his mentality to abandon the run. Now it seems he is using them more frequently. These plays should be a change of pace not a staple.

You would think LeBeau and Arians would critique each others game plans and identify weaknesses/tendencies and then try to come up with some answers. Not every week but on the bye. Maybe they do who knows. Guarantee LeBeau would be blitz heavy too.

I don't have a problem with this play in general, but rather who it's designed for in our offense. Hines is never going to get more than 4 yards on this play with his speed.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
How about this, on a bubble screen why wouldn't like to have a tough WR or RB out there to break a tackle or juke out a defender? If you ask me I think Hines is the perfect guy to use in those situations. Now as far as the execution of the play, that is suspect I'll give you that because he's so predictable when he uses them. As for the personnel though, give me Hines on that play any day.

Iron City South
11-06-2010, 01:27 PM
.... or how about this?

a RB screen?

:eek1: .... <GASP!!!> :eek1:

SteelerSal
11-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't have a problem with this play in general, but rather who it's designed for in our offense. Hines is never going to get more than 4 yards on this play with his speed.

I agree with this and I think Arians uses this play as a substitute to an actual running play. IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey, atleast he's trying to be alittle creative...that's more than that he's done in the past :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM

Great point we have the speedsters to effectively run this play MW,AB, and ES,Hines is the best blocking WR in the game, maybe just maybe next year when we get a real OC we will do this with the right people:evilshake:

LatrobePA
11-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Let's not forget Hines has a streak of catching a pass each game maybe this is their way of making sure he gets it?????

madtowndrunkard
11-07-2010, 11:20 AM
The only reason to run a WR screen is if you think the opponents DB's are playing too far off the LOS to stop your deep routes. So basically you run that screen a couple times to try and get their DB's to play up just a little closer to the LOS.

The problem is, it is SOOO obvious what we are trying to do. defenses do not respect Arians WR screens...because they KNOW all Arians wants to do is throw the deep ball. If you are playing the steelers all you need to do is stuff the middle and take away the deep ball. Do that and Arians will start running in circles with no clue on how to handle it. Blitz Ben in obvious pass situations and take away the deep ball. Arians will just keep trying and trying the same stupid thing. On defense just be patient and stick to your game against Arians and you will win. Not many teams have done this, but the one's that have beat us. (Saints, Ravens, Miami) oh wait Arians lucked out against Miami.

What kills us is the fact that Arians will ignore what the defense is doing....he will refuse to take what the defense gives him. Which eventually leads to mistakes and turnovers. I have never seen an offense just ignore the fact that they are getting blitzed every other play. Why Arians doesn't anticipate the blitz is beyond me and everyone else on earth.