PDA

View Full Version : Porter apologizes but not to Winslow

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 06:28 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06347/745642-66.stm

"I would just like to say it was a poor choice of words ..." -- Joey Porter
Wednesday, December 13, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Linebacker Joey Porter apologized yesterday to anyone he might have offended over some crude remarks he made Thursday, except for the target of his comments -- Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow.

"I would just like to say it was a poor choice of words in the comment I made toward Winslow," Porter said. "If I offended anybody, I apologize for that."

Porter twice called Winslow a name considered derogatory when used to describe gay men.

"I guess how we used that word freely, me growing up using it, I didn't think nothing of it like that," Porter said. "Like I said, I apologize to anybody I offended on it.

"I didn't mean to offend nobody but Kellen Winslow. Pretty much, that's it about that."

Porter said he was not worried about possibly hearing from the league regarding his comments, and he does not plan to talk to Winslow about what he said. Porter has appealed a previous $15,000 fine the league levied on him for comments he allegedly made to an official on the field in Oakland Oct. 29.

"Man, once they take it they're not giving it back. You can appeal it all you want to. They take it, so it comes down to your word against theirs and their word is always bigger than ours.

"I appealed it. They said we'll get back at you when we get back at you, so that means they're not going to get back at you."

Porter, who made the cover of Sports Illustrated early this season when the magazine called him the most feared man in the NFL, said he's not surprised at the reaction over his latest comments.

"Not really, because whatever I say is going to go to an extra level anyway. I didn't think nothing big of it when I did it and it's over with. I don't want to keep harping on it and make a story out of nothing."

Winslow is an assjack, he doesn't deserve an apology ! If anything he should be apologizing to us because he's such a jerkoff !!

Personally this whole situation with what Joey said has been blown way out of proportion anyways if you ask me !

Captcoolhand
12-13-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't know how to insert the video but anyone interest in a short clip of the Interveiw can hit this link http://www.towleroad.com/2006/12/pittsburgh_stee.html

Sorryif this has been posted already:dunno: Winslow is an *******!

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Winslow is a dick and always will be. I hope someday someone knocks the living daylights out of his brain. I can't stand seeing his pretty boy face anymore. I would love to scramble it. He looks like a woman stuck in a man's body.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't know how to insert the video but anyone interest in a short clip of the Interveiw can hit this link http://www.towleroad.com/2006/12/pittsburgh_stee.html

Sorryif this has been posted already:dunno: Winslow is an *******!

I love it, that's awesome !! :banana: :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
12-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Porter doesn't lie so I'm sure if that is what he called Winslow then he is telling the truth and there is no need to apologize to him so really Porter is doing the right thing but apologizing to everyone else :bigthumb:

:lol:

Video's awesome... thanks Capt!

SteelerFan87
12-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Uhh.... Capt? Why do you have a video from a gay site? :scratch:
:lol:

Koopa
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
i'm sure gonna miss porter.......and you are right about him not lying......which is now making me mad, i don't want cowher to come back next year lol

Hburg
12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
i'm sure gonna miss porter.......and you are right about him not lying......which is now making me mad, i don't want cowher to come back next year lol

Porter's leaving?

What the F*CK!!

BuFu

Captcoolhand
12-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Koopa don't know his *** from a hole in the ground

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Watch what you say around Koopa.

Koopa
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
i'm saying porter is gone because he's is already starting to cry for more money, he's said the only reason he didn't hold out was because cowher told him too......he isn't worth a lot anymore, he's already getting old, that's why i think we'll do away with him, cause there's no sense in letting him become a potential cancer when we already have a dude that will put up the same stats as him in james harrison

Forged in Steel
12-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Did Joey call him a f*g? It said he used a term do describe gay men, so I'm guessing that's what he called him.

Koopa
12-13-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah he called him a fag

SteelerFan87
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I thought it was funny that all those gay guys on that site were saying racist stuff about him. "Be more tolerant of gay people so they can be intolerant of everyone else!" lol.

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Take one good look at Soulja. I would of called him a faggot too.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 08:53 PM
i'm saying porter is gone because he's is already starting to cry for more money, he's said the only reason he didn't hold out was because cowher told him too......he isn't worth a lot anymore, he's already getting old, that's why i think we'll do away with him, cause there's no sense in letting him become a potential cancer when we already have a dude that will put up the same stats as him in james harrison

James Harrison can't stay on the field, he's injured for atleast 4-5 games a season. That's the thing that worries me about him. If we let Joey go then we're going to have to look for even more depth at LB when we already need inside depth as it is since Kriedwalt is a demon special teamer but when he's on the field on defense he's just not productive enough.

Koopa
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
all that still doesn't change the fact that porter wants way more money then he's really worth..........and that we have cheap *** owners, and we have more concerns then paying our mouth.......like locking up troy

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I got to agree with Koopa, I heard Porter wants six million a year in his next contract. Plus Porter is over 30. See ya Joey unless you take a discount to comeback.

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I wish Porter would take a discount, He is old and losing a step.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 10:38 PM
The Rooney's aren't afraid to let players go when they get older, we've all seen it over the years, but I think if Cowher comes back, he'll be influential in Joey taking an amount the team can live with. If he does come back look for a big signing bonus, less per year, and about a 3 year deal.

Koopa
12-13-2006, 10:41 PM
well i'm willing to see porter go if it means cowher won't be back lol

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
If Cowher stays, I bet Porter will. I would bank it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2006, 11:06 PM
If Cowher stays, I bet Porter will. I would bank it.

:iagree: :iagree:

Joey's got a huge following in Pittsburgh and his home is here even though he hails from Bakersfield.

floodcitygirl
12-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I'd like both Porter and Cowher to stay....I'm not eager for those changes.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Porter needs to go

House of Steel
12-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Why does Porter need to go? What the heck is it with some of you? :bitchslap:

BBG7
12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
1st that vidoe is great. I hate Winslow, he is a jack *** and Joey just said it like it is...he's soft and he talks too much!!!! I love Porter and the fire he brings to the team. I would hate to see him go, but I don't think we can give him what he seems to want right now. Hopefully he will decide that Pittsburgh is his home and stay here for a little less.

Captcoolhand
12-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Why does Porter need to go? What the heck is it with some of you? :bitchslap:
Thanks HOS:clap: Somebody tell me who could step up in Joey's place and be that Dominate and still help the game?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
:iagree: Joey is our best LB on team hands down right now..even when he's not sacking the QB or rushing the passer he's taking up a double team or dropping into coverage. I hope we can work a deal to keep him.