PDA

View Full Version : Report that Harrison Fined AGAIN!!!..Confirmed, $20K for hit on Brees

SteelerEyeZ
11-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Just was watching the Monday Night (??? Flag ???)Football Pregame and the league said it that Harrison will be fined for the hit on J. Breeze where his hand touched the QBs head...

they said looks like NO suspension though

League is getting stupid at this point if they fine him for that hit,

Anyway GO STEELERS!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

P.S. TOMLIN WAKE UP!

Iron City South
11-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Unreal ... They're going out of thier way to target him at this point.

Utter bullshit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/another-fine-coming-for-james-harrison/

Another fine coming for James Harrison
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2010
7:33 PM ET

Two weeks after he was fined $75,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, Steelers linebacker James Harrison can expect to be fined again.

Harrison drilled Saints quarterback Drew Brees on Sunday night and was flagged for roughing the passer. NFL discipline will be forthcoming, and the biggest question is how harshly the league office decides to treat Harrison, as a repeat offender.

The good news for Harrison, according to an ESPN report from Adam Schefter, is that it doesn't look like Harrison will be suspended, and he'll get off with just a fine.

No word yet on whether the fine will be substantial enough to make Harrison think about retirement again.

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
on the play where the fumble occured?

Speeed
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
#7#(&#q9 !!!

If Harrison quits, I would not blame him. How in the world can men, who are running, diving, dodging, tackling, jumping, in the blink of an eye control every nuance of their bodies and movement to the point where they can avoid every single possibility of a foul on every play? Answer: They can't.

That is why using common sense, and not slow motion Monday morning film review, should be used. It ain't hard to separate intentional and habitual offenders from the occasional situational/unintentional infractions.

I guess Goodell wants us to appreciate his Mad Film Review Skills. I am convinced he is an idiot. I would back Harrison %100 if he quit.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2010, 10:05 PM
But it's OK that on the one sack early in the game, Ben came out of the pile wthout his helmet. Are you kidding me?

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Yea Ben was molested but that's ok...

"Blank" this stupid NFL crap!!

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 10:26 PM
how much is it this time

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
It is getting ridiculous these fines but whatever the fine is hopefully Harrison pays it and just keeps his mouth shut and goes out and plays football next week against the Bengals. We dont need to hear him coming out saying he is going to retire and do all this other stuff he has no intentions of doing...

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd be happy if he crushed Palmer for a big fine next week...This one is ticky tacky!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't care how much money you make, 75K is a boat load of money and God only knows how much the league will fine him this time. There is no excuse for the NFL to get this stupid with fines, I am sick to death of it. If this keeps up James won't even be able to play anymore.

They better dish out a hefty fine on the helmet to helmet hit that Hines took as well!

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA I AM GOING TO GO INSANE. Don't know how James Harrison is dealing with this. If I had as much muscle as he did I would be crackin some skulls right now.

SteelCityKid5
11-02-2010, 12:00 AM
This has become rather annoying.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA I AM GOING TO GO INSANE. Don't know how James Harrison is dealing with this. If I had as much muscle as he did I would be crackin some skulls right now.

I'm sure he'd love to do just that this weekend, but this will be 2 fines in what, 3 weeks? I'm worried that he's going to be even more gun shy and who knows if we'll see the good ole Silverback ever be the same again? How can you blame the guy, he plays the way he's taught his entire career, the same way that's gotten him all the accolades and NFL player could want and now the NFL slaps him in the face and tells him he can't do it anymore.

lloydfan4life
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
This is absolute bullshit by the NFL if it's true.

Let's see if the Patricheat who busted Favre's chin open with the crown of his helmet gets a fine, or the Saints who molested Ben and ripped his helmet off, or the two guys who sandwiched Hines with a shot to his head.

I hope this is nothing more than media speculation... because I'm seriously considering my own 'work stoppage/strike' from the NFL.

James is being targeted by the NFL.

steelersgal86
11-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Let's see if the Patricheat who busted Favre's chin open with the crown of his helmet gets a fine, or the Saints who molested Ben and ripped his helmet off, or the two guys who sandwiched Hines with a shot to his head.

I hope this is nothing more than media speculation... because I'm seriously considering my own 'work stoppage/strike' from the NFL.

I totally agree....this is such bullshit...he is going to be afraid to even tackle anyone and I wouldnt blame him.

I have been looking high and low for something that confirms this and have not found anything

HUNT4SEVEN
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
This is BS and it is really turning me off of football...

--- Added 11/2/2010 at 07:30 AM ---

:clap::clap::clap: well said i posted my reply before i saw yours :lol: but i'm with u on this, Ben always get the ruff treatment and we never get a flag for the way he is treated, Harrison never gets a holding call on him, when Hines was sandwich he got hit helmet to helmet and they call PI on Hines, we have to fight against the refs ever game, and the Cheaters hit on Favre is not even being talked about in terms of the Cheaters being fined... the Rooneys need to straighten that fag Rat fan Good for nothing Goodell out:cursin:

Go 'Lers
11-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Throw the flag on that play, sure, but FINE HIM?!?

He hit Brees after the ball was thrown and that's 15 yards but it wasn't malicious. D-Brees got right back up. C'Mon Man, people show more pain from a paper cut than Brees showed after the hit by James Harrison.

I'm legitimately worried James Harrison might just take his money and say to hell with this pansy league. This is ridiculous!:willybs:

steelersbabex25
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Basically what they're saying is everytime Harrison is flagged, he's going to be getting a fine the next day.

Scorp
11-02-2010, 12:12 PM
National Pussy League. Goodell is really asking for it i tell ya what. Maybe Mr. G knows the Steelers are well on their way to winning #7 and he does not want it to happen he'll stop at nothing.

75Steeler
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
This **** is getting old! Something needs to be done about this! You tell men to go out and play a contact sport but not to have contact? :wtf:

steelers4life66
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Guess next time James needs to hit him right square in the in the lower half of his back. Any player will tell ya when getting hit from behind like that they'd rather be hit high in the shoulder blades than around the hip area.

LarryNJ
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Watching the replay it's possible he didn't think the ball was thrown. It looks like he was trying to strip the ball, like he thought Brees didn't throw it and pulled it down.

chisteeler
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Rooney better get Roger on the phone and get his head and *** wired straight, and remind him that he works for the owners, not against them. The American public wants their CONTACT sports to have contact! If we didn't, then we'd all love soccer.

LatrobePA
11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I agree old man Rooney needs to throw some weight around, this is getting out of control!

lloydfan4life
11-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Rooney better get Roger on the phone and get his head and *** wired straight, and remind him that he works for the owners, not against them. The American public wants their CONTACT sports to have contact! If we didn't, then we'd all love soccer.

this **** keeps up and I just might

steelersbabex25
11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
this **** keeps up and I just might

Atleast we still have hockey :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
James appealed his last fine and the Rooney's supported that appeal. We won't know for probably a couple months what the ruling is on the appeal. I would imagine that Tomlin will back James again if he gets another fine because the hit was legal and not a cheap shot or egregious.

This stuff just makes me not even want to watch anymore because on any given week half your team could be suspended if it keeps going the way it is! In the mean time you have this epic defense who's now afraid to hit anyone for fear of suspension!

steelersgal86
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Tampa said she heard an interview on 93.7 with tomlin and he said he never heard about a fine for Harrison and he does not feel Harrison is being targeted :dunno:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I hope it "just" a fine. I am disgusted by the entire situation. James was just doing his job. This is so wrong, I don't even know where to beging to debate the issue.

Clevelandsux
11-02-2010, 10:08 PM
That was a costly penalty Harrison did, but enough is enough.

LatrobePA
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Just a fine no suspension per Adam Schefter...

jnes1216
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Harrison had a meeting with Goodell on Tuesday to discuss the stricter hitting policies. Lets hope he gets some answers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5759910

or better
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10307/1100296-100.stm

xBlitzBurghx
11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Harrison should just hit Goodell.

bskicker
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3FJjqltDmA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JthXa87W24I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhilHh_aCw

Dear Mr. Harrison,
I love watching you play and it is not my place to tell you how to play but they obviously don't want you leading with your helmet. Watch these 3 videos and tell me what they have in common. YOU LEAD WITH YOUR DAMN HELMET!! Quit it! You could have hit everyone of these guys hard without spearing them with your friggen helmet. Use your head James. We want you to succeed and not get suspended for the rest of the season.

If anyone thinks I'm off base then fine: Harrison, you are doing great and you should lead with your helmet every time to make sure you don't finish the season. We already have a couple superbowl trophies that we can brag about. We don't need one this year.

jnes1216
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Dear Mr. Harrison,
I love watching you play and it is not my place to tell you how to play but they obviously don't want you leading with your helmet. Watch these 3 videos and tell me what they have in common. YOU LEAD WITH YOUR DAMN HELMET!! Quit it! You could have hit everyone of these guys hard without spearing them with your friggen helmet. Use your head James. We want you to succeed and not get suspended for the rest of the season.

If anyone thinks I'm off base then fine: Harrison, you are doing great and you should lead with your helmet every time to make sure you don't finish the season. We already have a couple superbowl trophies that we can brag about. We don't need one this year.

I think you're off base, bskicker.

bskicker
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
So Jnes1216, he needs to lead with his helmet on every play?

jnes1216
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
So Jnes1216, he needs to lead with his helmet on every play?

I'm not saying that. The three videos you posted have been debated ad nauseum. Cribbs is a runner and not defenseless, Harrison can hit him.
Massaquoi lowered his head at last minute, what do you want JH to do in a split seconds time.
Brees was ticky tack, maybe another angle shows something different but it didn't even look like a penalty other than being late.
I was always taught to hit the player with the facemask on the numbers and wrap up. How do you tackle someone without some contact with the helmet? Harrison could use a little improvement but not to the degree you're implying.

igor0190
11-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I was always taught to hit the player with the facemask on the numbers and wrap up. How do you tackle someone without some contact with the helmet? Harrison could use a little improvement but not to the degree you're implying.

:plus1:
Head up, facemask in the numbers, drive hips and rip arms through.

For arguments sake, If you turn your head and lean in with your shoulder you would be much more likely to miss the tackle and/or hurt yourself.

steelersbabex25
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3FJjqltDmA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JthXa87W24I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhilHh_aCw

Dear Mr. Harrison,

2 of those 3 videos were before this whole deal was brought up, and they were all just him trying to make a tackle. How can you fault him for that? None of those hits were malicious at all. He was trying to do his job, so let's fine him? Makes sense to me.

LatrobePA
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Nickey from the Titans punches a ref and gets a $ 2500.00 fine, what's wrong w/ this picture??

nuclearchihuahuas
11-04-2010, 12:17 AM
So how much was the fine this time?

igor0190
11-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Pretty sure nothing has been handed down from the league YET... Just speculation at this point.

Ernie Sims (Eagles) got fined $50,000 today for a hit on a defenseless receiver.... What if a guy making the league minimum gets fined $50,000? Man that would be ridiculous!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2010, 12:35 AM
At this point there has been no fine for the hit, normally they are handed out mid week, plus Harrison met with Goodell this week as well. Hopefully everything about this hit just calms down and James doesn't get nailed for any more money.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
NFL just handed down a fine to Harrison for $20K. :evilshake: 100K in fines in less than a month!!

LatrobePA
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
NFL just handed down a fine to Harrison for $20K. :evilshake: 100K in fines in less than a month!!

Ticky tacky to say the least!!

chisteeler
11-04-2010, 02:23 PM
This is just outta hand now. He is definately being targeted. To hell with Goodell!

Scorp
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
:postal: To punk *** Goodell

steelers4life66
11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I find it hard to believe that the evil lord goodell doesn't have a hard on for us after everything that James, Tomlin and Mr Rooney have said about him the NFL and that Sh**head President of the NFL. Now that Troy has said the evil lord goodell has to much power, it's probably gonna get worse. What I wouldn't give for 5 minutes locked in a room with goodell.:club:

LatrobePA
11-04-2010, 03:34 PM
It's like an older brother pissing off the teacher, they will have it out for you...F**ker!!

Bruce Arians + Roger Goodell + one large crab trap = Great bait!!

A Pac
11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
If you look at the play, it definitely was a late hit and he should have been flagged. However, I don't think that it's fine worthy. He didn't go for his knees or slam him to the ground. I am surprised to see him get fined. Late hit? Yes. Dirty hit? No.

--- Added 11/4/2010 at 01:47 PM ---

Also, it's very possible that Harrison is getting fined because of his attitude. We have seen in the past that he doesn't like the rules and doesn't care about what people say. It's very possible that he is being a jerk in his meetings with Goddell and is showing no remorse. If this is way he is acting, then I would be ok with the fine.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I do not understand why ownership isn't stepping up to put a stop to this. Clearly, James Harrison is in the the commissioner's sites and the other two morons with power issues. This is not good for the game, the fans are not happy, and a great player like Harrison is going to be run out of the league. Although that actually appears to be the commissioner's intention. This is ridiculous! Don't the owners vote for the commissioner? Can't they remove him or at least redistribute his power?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
The NFL fines players every week for hits like this, we just don't always hear about it. The reason this one is getting such publicity is because of James getting fined before and because of all the crackdown nonsense the NFL is doing. Being fined almost 100K in less than a month is just plain ridiculous.

LarryNJ
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Don't the owners vote for the commissioner? Can't they remove him or at least redistribute his power?

Yes the owners voted him in..if I recall it took several ballots to approve him. The worst part of it all is Dan Rooney was the head of the committee that picked the candidates.

I'm not sure what the process would be to remove him or limit his power.

lloydfan4life
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
This is absolutely complete and utter bullshit. You can't tell me James doesn't have a target on his back by the NFL head honchos. So basically what the league offices are saying through their actions is that everyone who has a flag thrown on them can expect a fine? I mean seriously.... it may have been a slightly late hit, but it was far from a malicious hit worthy of a fine. Maybe if James wasn't held on the play (review the video) he would have gotten to Brees earlier and got the sack instead of the fine.

If I were James I'd have punched Goodell right in the kisser during that meeting and at least made the fine worth his while.

This is really getting out of hand now.

DIESELMAN
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
That's 2 fines, back to back. Next "controversial" hit by Harrison will probably result in a suspension. Harrison can still play to the level he always has, he just needs to make some adjustments and stay focused on the field.

igor0190
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Ernie Sims (Eagles) got fined $50,000 today for a hit on a defenseless receiver....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5764477

Ernie Sims appealing his $50K fine

The league has clearly not thought this out very well.... What if a guy making the league minimum does something. Do they fine him $50,000?

A Pac
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
also you have to remember that harrison flat out-out said: i'm looking to hurt people. that put the league on guard to whatever he did after that. any late, or even hard, hit will be taken as an attempted injury. he did this to himself.

Scorp
11-04-2010, 04:41 PM
You make me sick Goodell. You're being unfair. You totally suck.

--- Added 11/4/2010 at 02:41 PM ---

also you have to remember that harrison flat out-out said: i'm looking to hurt people. that put the league on guard to whatever he did after that. any late, or even hard, hit will be taken as an attempted injury. he did this to himself.

Yes he said that. But that does not mean he wants the helmet to helmet hits to be intentional. There are many other ways to hurt people.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2010, 04:46 PM
It's like we've been saying all along, and what Harrison said himself. If I'm going for the chest of a player and he lowers himself or ducks down, he can't always pull away in time and he ends up hitting the guy helmet to helmet. The NFL can't just throw around fines because they see a helmet to helmet, it's not something you can just say "well don't do it anymore".

For pete sake these players that make the league minimum will be broke and bankrupt before their contracts are even up!

LatrobePA
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Yes sir I do agree w/ you, he should of kept his mouth shut. IMO this big stink surrounding him could of been avoided...

SteelDad
11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

What's you point? I can recall about 100 different times where players have smack-talked other players in interviews, pressers, and so on where they claim they're going to 'hurt someone.' From Jack Tatum to Buddy Ryan's "kicker bounty" to the bounty on Hines, Harrison's comments although dumb to make publicly, shouldn't have any influence on the fine.

igor0190
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
What's you point? I can recall about 100 different times where players have smack-talked other players in interviews, pressers, and so on where they claim they're going to 'hurt someone.' From Jack Tatum to Buddy Ryan's "kicker bounty" to the bounty on Hines, Harrison's comments although dumb to make publicly, shouldn't have any influence on the fine.

How about the Ratbirds bounty on Steelers players last year? Huh?
Didn't Suggs admit it? No investigation by the league or anything? No fines...

GOODELL IS A RAT FAN! :willybs: :willybs:

Another good article: http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/11/04/harrison-polamalu-fight-the-power/

steelersbabex25
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
It's time Steeler Nation. Let the dollar bills roll into Goodell office again.

Raleigh Steel
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
i'm the last person to shout conspiracy, but it's becoming clearer every week that the steelers are a target of the league.

the league destroys tapes of the patriots cheating against the steelers.
hines makes clean blocks on linebackers and they change the rule...no more clean blocks.
harrison hits guys LEGALLY...75K
harrison bumps drew brees a tiny bit late...20k

meanwhile ben gets speared in the back with a late hit in washington, no penalty or fine.
ben gets driven into the ground against the browns, again no penalty or fine.

there is a definite double standard going on with the league...i'm glad troy said something and i hope the players mobilize to stop this arsehole before he can inflict any more damage to the steelers and the league.

igor0190
11-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Steelers fans love "Steeler Football". Hard hitting, intimidating, run it down your throat football.

The average fan or "new" fan to the game like high scoring, and big plays. They hate the grind em out games with a 10-6 final score. This is who the league is trying to appeal to.

This is why Steelers fans are so upset by all of this. It is really sad to see football, the way we love it being played, changed.

As much as I hate Ray Lewis, Suggs... If anyone ever started a send your $1 to the league for a fine they get in the future, I may actually participate.

Root4Stlrs
11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
How many times have "roughing the passer" calls been made when Ben has been hit late or in the head? Was there a call when he got the concussion in Atlanta several years ago with the illegal hit (even back then) :rant2: to the head? I can't remember all the others. There is definitely a double standard.

--- Added 11/4/2010 at 06:03 PM ---

i'm the last person to shout conspiracy, but it's becoming clearer every week that the steelers are a target of the league.

the league destroys tapes of the patriots cheating against the steelers.
hines makes clean blocks on linebackers and they change the rule...no more clean blocks.
harrison hits guys LEGALLY...75K
harrison bumps drew brees a tiny bit late...20kmeanwhile ben gets speared in the back with a late hit in washington, no penalty or fine.
ben gets driven into the ground against the browns, again no penalty or fine.

there is a definite double standard going on with the league...i'm glad troy said something and i hope the players mobilize to stop this arsehole before he can inflict any more damage to the steelers and the league.

It probably wouldn't have been a late hit if he hadn't been held.

jnes1216
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Does the players union get involved with these matters? This is getting ridiculous. They must help on the appeal process, but has an appeal ever worked? Utter tyranny. I noticed Polamalu's comments are not on the nfl website's headlines but they are on ESPN's headlines. No criticism allowed I guess. If I plug my ears and hum does that mean no one is talking?

igor0190
11-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Ryan Clark Quotes (Twitter)

"Dumbfounded by 92's fine. 1st was too much but maybe understandable. A non helmet to helmet hit 20 G's. What can you do? It's a dictatorship!"

"Well off to my soap box and done w/ it. Love this game and the blessings it provides. Sucks to have no say in how it's governed"

Farrior Fan
11-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks for posting that igor, I would have never found it. I'll bet Clark gets fined for criticizing Bad-dell. I really cannot believe that Troy came out and said what he did, I'm glad he did but dick-tators do not allow their servants to criticize. I'm afraid we are witnessing the beginning of the lockout.

chisteeler
11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Harrison's remark about not understanding how to tackle without seeing what you're about to hit sometimes leads to the face mask touching another player can be easily solved. James should just come out this week with the old Joe Theisman face mask and still be able to lay people out. He sure the hell is tough enough. Then maybe Goodell would have to find other excuses to target him.

LarryNJ
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm afraid we are witnessing the beginning of the lockout.

That's very possible.

Farrior Fan
11-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Harrison's remark about not understanding how to tackle without seeing what you're about to hit sometimes leads to the face mask touching another player can be easily solved. James should just come out this week with the old Joe Theisman face mask and still be able to lay people out. He sure the hell is tough enough. Then maybe Goodell would have to find other excuses to target him.

Maybe Goodell will tell all opposing teams that they can hold 92 and they will never get flagged. Oh wait they've already done that.:banging:

Root4Stlrs
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
:plus1:
Maybe Goodell will tell all opposing teams that they can hold 92 and they will never get flagged. Oh wait they've already done that.:banging:

jpele
11-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I hate beating a dead horse but:

James Harrison hits Drew Brees and is fined $20,000. "Show me the vicious helmet to helmet hit".
http://www.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i1474733_hit.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhilHh_aCw&feature=player_embedded

Patriot Myron Pryor hits Brett Favre in the chin with crown of his helmet knocking him out of the game and is fined $7,500. ( I know their QB is allowed to call his own penalties and their defenders get the Patriot discount on cheap shots):
http://www.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i1474720_favre.jpg

In the same game Gary Guyton hit Favre in the head neck area and was fined $7,500.

Seahawk Chris Clemons is fined $7,500 for roughing the QB he's a three time offender

LatrobePA
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Repeat offender...

jnes1216
11-06-2010, 12:50 PM
He wasn't fined for a helmet to helmet. He was fined for a late hit. Apparently 15 yards is not enough.

LatrobePA
11-06-2010, 12:51 PM
He wasn't fined for a helmet to helmet. He was fined for a late hit. Apparently 15 yards is not enough.

Ticky tacky....Harrison won't be worth a **** Monday!

jnes1216
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
The list of NFL fines this week was written by Tolstoy. WTF.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I read in NFL.com news that the fine was given for a "facemask" to the back of Brees. Harrison hit Brees in the back with his facemask and that is why he was fined, not for it being late. No helmet to helmet, no late hit, but a facemask in the back? When did that become a rule?

jnes1216
11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I read in NFL.com news that the fine was given for a "facemask" to the back of Brees. Harrison hit Brees in the back with his facemask and that is why he was fined, not for it being late. No helmet to helmet, no late hit, but a facemask in the back? When did that become a rule?

When? Since Opie became commissioner.

steelersbabex25
11-06-2010, 01:47 PM

New rule: everything that James Harrison does is now illegal