PDA

View Full Version : Head Coach...

steelerzion
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Remember last year when the season fell apart, all of us saying that Mike Tomlin had this year to bounce back and prove that he is the right guy for the job! In 2008 we won the SB with a team that was bulit by Cowher.
All I´m saying is, this is it for Tomlin, if he doesn´t fix this right now , we are heading for another ****** season!!!
:banging:

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 08:13 PM
lol wow we lose a game and people act like the sky is falling. this team is 5-2, on the way to the playoffs. Offensive game planning was terrible last night, but everything else looks pretty damn solid to me.

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Remember last year when the season fell apart, all of us saying that Mike Tomlin had this year to bounce back and prove that he is the right guy for the job! In 2008 we won the SB with a team that was bulit by Cowher.
All I´m saying is, this is it for Tomlin, if he doesn´t fix this right now , we are heading for another ****** season!!!

The next two games for the Steelers I believe against the Bengals and Patriots will determine a lot about where this season is potentially headed. Winning both of these games with teams like Oakland and Buffalo due up next on the Steelers schedule will really put the heat on the Ravens and let them know the Steelers are for real and are going to coming for them when they meet down in Baltimore in about 5 weeks.

SteelerDan43
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
10-6
12-4
9-7
5-2

Man he really sucks....

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
10-6
12-4
9-7
5-2

Man he really sucks....

I don't see one losing season on there, last season was a disaster and we still managed to have a "winning season". something the raiders haven't seen in 8 years

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't see one losing season on there, last season was a disaster and we still managed to have a "winning season". something the raiders haven't seen in 8 years

While Tomlin has yet to have a losing season record wise he still has had two late mid-November collapses on his resume in both 2007 and last year in 2009. In 2007 even though they did win the division they started out 7-2 and lost 5 of their last 8 games and lost twice to the Jaguars at home including the playoff game in a span of 3 weeks. And last year of course we know the team was 6-2 at the halfway point of the season and lost 5 in a row to some of the worst teams in football KC,Oakland,and the Browns. And even though they won the 3 remaining games and finished 9-7 with a chance to get in on the last week the mid to late season collapsed costs them much like it did in 2007. I think that's the main concern with Tomlin more then anything is he has had teams that started 7-2 in 2007 and looked poise to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and 6-2 last season in 2009 and poised to go another Super Bowl run both fall apart in mid-November.

That's why a lot of people will be keeping a close eye on what Tomlin does this season. If this team at 5-2 now or even at 6-2 if they win next week has another mid to late season meltdown under Tomlin like they did in both 07 and 09 then I think it's time to think that something is seriously wrong with how Tomlin's teams all of a sudden just fall apart out of nowhere...Im not saying Im concerned or anything yet but it's definitely something that Steelers fans had better be aware and not take anything for granted because we have seen 2 of the 3 seasons Tomlin has coached here team's fall apart for whatever reason...

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
That's why beating the Bengals next Monday night is so important. Not only does it put us at 6-2 going into a HUGE game the next Sunday night against New England, but it completely buries any chances the Bengals still have of catching up and making the playoffs.

steelerzion
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
While Tomlin has yet to have a losing season record wise he still has had two late mid-November collapses on his resume in both 2007 and last year in 2009. In 2007 even though they did win the division they started out 7-2 and lost 5 of their last 8 games and lost twice to the Jaguars at home including the playoff game in a span of 3 weeks. And last year of course we know the team was 6-2 at the halfway point of the season and lost 5 in a row to some of the worst teams in football KC,Oakland,and the Browns. And even though they won the 3 remaining games and finished 9-7 with a chance to get in on the last week the mid to late season collapsed costs them much like it did in 2007. I think that's the main concern with Tomlin more then anything is he has had teams that started 7-2 in 2007 and looked poise to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and 6-2 last season in 2009 and poised to go another Super Bowl run both fall apart in mid-November.

That's why a lot of people will be keeping a close eye on what Tomlin does this season. If this team at 5-2 now or even at 6-2 if they win next week has another mid to late season meltdown under Tomlin like they did in both 07 and 09 then I think it's time to think that something is seriously wrong with how Tomlin's teams all of a sudden just fall apart out of nowhere...Im not saying Im concerned or anything yet but it's definitely something that Steelers fans had better be aware and not take anything for granted because we have seen 2 of the 3 seasons Tomlin has coached here team's fall apart for whatever reason...

thank you! :clap:
that's exactly my point!

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
That's why beating the Bengals next Monday night is so important. Not only does it put us at 6-2 going into a HUGE game the next Sunday night against New England, but it completely buries any chances the Bengals still have of catching up and making the playoffs.

It's a huge game no doubt it's one the Steelers need to win and one that I believe the Steelers will win. I know the Bengals will be desperate and will play the Steelers tough to keep their season alive but the Bengals still do not worry me as much as I was concerned about the Saints last night. I just dont see the Bengals all of a sudden turning their fortunes around with as many problems as they have had so far this season against a team as solid as the Steelers. The Bengals defense looks terrible and Palmer continues to turn the ball over and implode late in the games week after week. The Steelers will come out with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove next week again on primetime after losing to the Saints last night. This is also a game the Steelers can get back from Baltimore seeing that they lost to the Bengals earlier in the season in Cincy. It will put both the Steelers and Ravens at 2-1 in the division until they meet again on December 5th and that is very very important. The Steelers cannot afford to drop another game in the division. They know that and I believe they wont allow that to happen...

75Steeler
11-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not worried about Tomlin. Last year was our worst since he came here and I blame that season on injuries. I think history will prove that Tomlin is a leader and the Steelers will do well under his watch.

Iron City South
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
If there is another mid-season meltdown in store, Tomlin will be forced to throw Arians overboard to save his own life.

igor0190
11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Tomlin is a great coach...

Count your lucky stars Brad Childress, Wade Phillips.... Aren't our coach.
Complain about Bruce Arians... Not Tomlin.

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM

I wouldnt say he is a great coach just yet. He has won and had success in the league but calling him a great coach through not even 4 full seasons yet is a bit premature. Tomlin's game management and decision making over the course of the last few weeks in terms of challenging plays and timeout usage late in the half has been flat out terrible. As bad and as horrible as Bruce Arians is that's not on Arians thats on Tomlin...As for Arians Tomlin is the Head Coach and he can step in and take over the playcalling at anytime he chooses too and he fails to do so and thus you get the same **** over and over with Arians...

igor0190
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Just WHEN is Tomlin going to realize that Bruce isn't cutting it and have someone else call the plays?

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Just WHEN is Tomlin going to realize that Bruce isn't cutting it and have someone else call the plays?

I dont know as long as the Steelers win games it's not going to be a huge huge problem. If the Steelers start losing games here then youre going to hear it non-stop. It's clear though that the playcalling with 2 minutes left in the half the last 2 weeks in Miami and New Orleans when the Steelers are in prime position to score has just been ridiculous and cannot continue to give up points like that at the end of the half...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm certainly not ready to throw Tomlin under the bus and call for his head on a platter. I agree with 43 though, this season bears close scrutiny because the preparation and game planning is suspect to say the least and that falls on his shoulders even if BA is putting the game plan together. The execution falls on the players as much as the coaches, but clearly what they are doing in crucial situations is less than acceptable.

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I dont know as long as the Steelers win games it's not going to be a huge huge problem. If the Steelers start losing games here then youre going to hear it non-stop. It's clear though that the playcalling with 2 minutes left in the half the last 2 weeks in Miami and New Orleans when the Steelers are in prime position to score has just been ridiculous and cannot continue to give up points like that at the end of the half...

we need to score 23+ points a game... then we win it all.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
lol wow we lose a game and people act like the sky is falling. this team is 5-2, on the way to the playoffs. Offensive game planning was terrible last night, but everything else looks pretty damn solid to me.

Except for the 3rd down defense in the 2nd half - couldn't get off the field.

SteelCityKid5
11-02-2010, 12:40 AM

LATROBE I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT YOU

Now.... are you seriously kidding me? One friggin loss in which we could have possibly won minus Millers fumble and you are questioning Tomlin and "if it continues lets clean house". Enough of this BS "Tomlin had Cowher's team" you ingrate. It took Cowher what 15 years to win his first Super Bowl? Im sorry it took Tomlin 2. How's James Harrison starting going for us? That was Tomlin. Hows Lamarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey, possibly Sanders and Brown and hell everyones favorite "Redzone Redman" doing? ALL TOMLIN. How are those offseason special teams adjustments going? You guessed it! Tomlin. Ill take a guy who can get the job done. And this was never ever brought up the year we won the Super Bowl. Where was this question then? Almost everyone on here overacts. No team is perfect. Every team is going to have some sort of problem. This is unbelievable after one loss. Why wasn't this brought up after Miami or Baltimore or any other game we played? Why? Its because once we lose people on here want to wine and cry and give their two cents about coaching. If you knew a fourth of what these coaches know and go through, you still wouldnt be sniffing an NFL sideline. People who actually know the game and have played the game have praised Tomlin but yet he gets ridiculed by bloggers who sit on their thumb and this website all day waiting anxiously to type away and find every little negative that has to do with this team. I am by no means saying this guy is perfect, but to start questioning him as a coach? Whatever it is, Tomlin has it and he's going to be around for quiet some time. The Cowher days are over and some of you can't let that go. He's gone and isnt comin back, get over it. Where was this mid November melt down in 08? That's right no one said jack because we were 4-1. Losing to bloggers means the world has come to an end. Seriously, some on here cannot handle a loss. We need to go 16-0 every year or its a disappointment or at least thats how you act. I'm just saying, whether it was "Mendenhall's a bust" or "trade Roethlisberger" people need to first step away think and then type.

igor0190
11-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Tomlin isn't going anywhere for a LOONG time... That's a guarantee.

Arians on the other hand... It is painfully obvious how inept he is. :banging:

roosterray
11-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Dude we put up with more mediocre football with Cowher and knoll then we've seen from Tomlin. He's got alot of work to turn over an aging roster. Our Dline is not holding up, and we need more young guys who can perform. We have a lot of depth to build on the dline, secondary, and WR and oline. The one thing I do know is BA doesn't know how to call plays against heavy pressure, and we have had a few mediocre drafts, along with a lack of trust with that mediocre talent. Get rid of ARE and get Sammuels on the field, we need speed now.

Real Deal Steel
11-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Tomlin needs to grow a pair and over rule Arians on stupid play calling. Like 1st and goal at the one inch line. Big Ben, behind Pouncey is a no brainer.

harpo
11-02-2010, 08:57 AM
(sarcasm on)

Tomlin sucks. Yes, he won a Super Bowl, but he did it with Cowher's team (eventhough it took Cowher 15 yrs to win one). This guy can't coach (eventhough he's 36-19 with a .655 winning percentage). We should've hired Whiz from the start (eventhough Tomlin beat Whiz in the Super Bowl).

I'm letting it be known right now that EVERY TIME the Steelers lose a game, i'm blaming him. Why am i blaming him? Because I just don't want to see him as the head coach. The Rooneys should fire Tomlin and bring back Cowher. Or, trade him to Arizona for Whiz or Grimm.

(sarcasm off) :lol:

Iron City South
11-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Tomlin is far from great. He may have been the correct political choice, but that's about it.

Whizenhut was the correct choice and would have given us the same if not better results thus far. At least Whiz had had game smarts. He was also a hell of a lot more creative than anything the Steelers currently have on offense.

coldrolled
11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
we blew it when we didnt fire arians or did and didnt and said we didnt but did but didnt...

then we should have hired charlie weiss.... see KC....

Our biggest mistake besides gibson being let go..

LatrobePA
11-02-2010, 09:29 AM
We blew it when Cam Cameron was fired and we didn't snag him up!!

HUNT4SEVEN
11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
10-6
12-4 With a Superbowl u left that out:lol:
9-7
5-2

Man he really sucks....

My only beef with Tomlin is this FIRE BA already i hate seeing him on the sidelines, and we do need to change our Schemes on Defense some and Offense we just need a real OC, when Greg Williams can blitz us the same way he did 5 years ago with a different defense and get the pressure and 3 sacks that let's me know our offense is still the same when it was when BC was here and why not BA is Bc boy, he can join him next season when BC comes out of retirement...

cmerrifield
11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
My beef with Tomlin is that he lets his other coaches coach too much. Cowher was the opposite and Ben said that Whiz would come up with a game plan and practice it all week and Cowher would throw it out on game day. I dont want that either, but it seems he gives BA too much freedom. I think MT is coming into a better understanding of being a HC just look at this years draft instead of the previous ones. I am just not always thrilled to be apart of the learning curve for a first time NFL coach.

LarryNJ
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
If we would have hired the Great Mike Shanahan he could've bench Ben and brought in ARE to run the 2 minute drive and we'd be 6-1.

Wiz's record isn't that good, but it's really a tough division that his team plays in.

DIESELMAN
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
If there is another mid-season meltdown in store, Tomlin will be forced to throw Arians overboard to save his own life.

C'mon meltdown :greengrin:

LatrobePA
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
C'mon meltdown :greengrin:

Won't happen and if we make the playoffs he'll be signed to a 40 year contract!!:popcorn:

coldrolled
11-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Won't happen and if we make the playoffs he'll be signed to a 40 year contract!!:popcorn:

like the contract would be... to walk into the desert for 40 years with a sack of honey..

sounds good...

Steel Trap86
11-02-2010, 04:38 PM
If we implode in the playoffs this year because of more **** game planning by Arians, I think Tomlin will seriously consider firing this guy.

Dean Denton
11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
:banging: Dont get your nickers all in a bunch, this is still the best team in football. Sorry ,but how many teams win the SB 18-0?