PDA

View Full Version : Lets sign Randy Moss

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Vikings Waive WR Randy Moss
The Minnesota Vikings have waived wide receiver Randy Moss, Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network reports.

Re-acquired in October from the New England Patriots in exchange for a 2011 third-round pick, Moss caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two touchdowns in his second stint with the Vikings, who originally selected him with the 21st overall pick of the 1998 NFL Draft.

Moss caught one pass for 8 yards in Sunday's 28-18 loss to the Patriots, after which Moss made some critical comments about the Vikings while expressing his admiration for the Patriots' franchise.

"This is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization ...

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
No thanks the guy is a ****ing cancer what he said yesterday about the Patriots after the game going off about them and totally disrespecting the team he played for was totally and utterly inexcusable and unacceptable...I dont want a guy like that on this team...Moss is basically ****ed up...

StlersGuy
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Hell no he is trouble and we don't need it

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Arians is trouble...... we dont need him, but he seems to hang around...

maybe this will keep the bills from taking gibson and they take moss....

waiver rules now because the trading deadline has passed, Moss is subject to the NFL's waiver system.

The 0-7 Buffalo Bills have top priority, followed by the Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers (1-6), and 2-6 teams such as the San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos. Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati are next in line, but are unlikely to add high-profile receiver at this point in the season.

The 3-5 San Diego Chargers, however, might have interest in adding Moss for their attempt to turn around another slow start to the season.

New England has the NFL's best record, and are therefore unlikely to be awarded Moss, should they put a claim in.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Moss is something you step on much like dog chit...I say hell no!!

Cricker24
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
man, i have him on my fantasy team!! thankfully i also have Hines Ward, Dez Bryant and Mike Thomas...oh, and i also picked up Anthony Gonzalez of the Colts. where will Moss end up? i know it won't be in Pittsburgh.

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
It would make some sense for the Pats to resign him. Rent him out to the Vikes for 2 weeks & collect the third round pick. Philly & Indy are other potential places, but won't play in Pittsburgh.

Brad Childress is DONE

JensK
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Id be all for signing Moss. He would make our offense so much better the second he stepped onto the field.

K Train
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
hed be an angel here.....no ****ing way in hell he clears waivers though

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Moss over ARE, now I'd go for that...

K Train
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
getting rid of the only reciever ive ever seen physically terrified of the endzone for the most notorious deep threat to ever play in the NFL....yeah id be on board.

ben to moss would be sex, wallace on the other side....ward and sanders in the slot. i have a boner thinking about it

tomlin has history with moss in minny doesnt he?

jnes1216
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Moss over ARE, now I'd go for that...

:plus1:

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
getting rid of the only reciever ive ever seen physically terrified of the endzone for the most notorious deep threat to ever play in the NFL....yeah id be on board.

ben to moss would be sex, wallace on the other side....ward and sanders in the slot. i have a boner thinking about it

LOL, good stuff! I'd be shocked if this team went after him...

harpo
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM

No, Childress brought in Tomlin in 2006 and Moss was already in Oakland at that time (traded in 2005).

SteelCityKid5
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Am I the only one with KTrain here? I'd take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. The dude is a freak hence his nickname. If hes in a good scenario (Pats, early Vikings) he is an angel. If hes with a dysfunctional franchise (late Vikes, Raiders) he'll be a pain in the ***. Randy Moss on the Steelers would be huge! And here's my main point, we wont sign him.

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Not happening boys and girls this thread is basically worthless...Why is it everytime some big name gets released like Moss people automatically think the Steelers are going to jump right into the mix and sign him?? It just isnt going to happen here the Rooney's will not sign a ****ing ******* like Moss...

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
well see him next week with batman and robin.... the joker needs another WR.

K Train
11-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Not happening boys and girls this thread is basically worthless...Why is it everytime some big name gets released like Moss people automatically think the Steelers are going to jump right into the mix and sign him?? It just isnt going to happen here the Rooney's will not sign a ****ing ******* like Moss...

we have *******s on our team, i love the misconception that steelers have to be choir boys

its too good to be true, but moss would be just as well behaved here as he was in NE. and he would be at least 100000x more productive in one half a season than randle el was in 2 full stints with the steelers. there were big time rumors of him coming in before he resigned with NE, i know the steelers would never think about making a FA roster move to make me happy but i would love it

Scorp
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm jonesin hardcore Bro. That is one very sexxxy idea. I'd love to see some of that axxxtion. :yellowthumb:

Big T
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
steelers wont put a claim in. even if they did, he wouldnt make it that far. I'd love to see him here. Just his presence on the field alone would open up so much. Teams have been doubling Mike Wallace all year. What are they going to do? Double Moss and Wallace?

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
If moss was a steeler they could cut all the RBs... b/c BA would play 5 WR the whole time

I dont want him, has talent, but he is a cancer and a selfish player. He has always had problems, College, Raiders, Pats, Vikes... always will have problems.

I hope he ends up in some hell hole like Buff...

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
getting rid of the only reciever ive ever seen physically terrified of the endzone.

You lost me K

JensK
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
You lost me K

Pretty sure he referred to ARE

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Pretty sure he referred to ARE

Yes he did, instead of extending into the endzone he curls up in a ball 3" short...

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM

because i post it, to get the story line changed from our pathetic OC.

K Train
11-01-2010, 04:12 PM
randle el has scored 7 TD with us in his first 4 years, scored 7 TDs in 4 years with washington, and hasnt seen the endzone all together in nearly 3 years now.

he cant get open, hes afraid of the endzone, and hes slow.....after last night ive elevated him from being afraid of the endzone to being absolutely terrified of it, he could have easily gotten in

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 04:19 PM
How about this one

Lynn Swann went into the Hall of fame with 50 TD passes, Randy Moss had 52 TD passes in New England alone!

K Train
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
honestly though in real football if you had wallace and moss running deep on every play regardless of what kind of play it is it would be unstoppable. it would be good in madden, but unbeatable in real life just because the middle would be SO open and mendenhall would be able to run wild

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes he did, instead of extending into the endzone he curls up in a ball 3" short...

Randle El has got to find a way to get that ball over the goaline and score there. Everytime Hines catches the ball and he is near the goaline you always see him make that extra effort to extend the ball and get it over the plane and get the 6 points. El did the exact opposite and ducked down like a complete pussy. I have been done with El for awhile now and am really done with him after that play there last night...Just no excuse for him to have not scored there on that play...

igor0190
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that Moss DOESN't clear waivers.... I find it highly unlikely that Randy moss would cooperate with the Buffalo Bills or ANY of the other bottom feeders with waiver priority. He wants to go to a team with a chance.

In all honesty, I would NOT be surprised AT ALL to see Randy Moss back with the Patriots in a week. He is probably on his way to New England right now to kiss Bill Belichek's a$$. Moss misses the Patriots and will beg for another shot there.

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Moss didn't even leave New England with the Vikings. There's a strong chance he's a Patriot again

harpo
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
we have *******s on our team, i love the misconception that steelers have to be choir boys

its too good to be true, but moss would be just as well behaved here as he was in NE. and he would be at least 100000x more productive in one half a season than randle el was in 2 full stints with the steelers. there were big time rumors of him coming in before he resigned with NE, i know the steelers would never think about making a FA roster move to make me happy but i would love it

Exactly.....why do so many Steeler fans think that every player on the team is a priest in the making?

Also, I don't buy that "Moss is a cancer in the locker room..." B.S. If he was such a cancer as so many have claimed him to be, the Patriots would've never signed him in the first place.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moss in Pittsburgh, but I don't think it would work. We have Bruce Arians as our OC. :banging:

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Moss didn't even leave New England with the Vikings. There's a strong chance he's a Patriot again

Dont be surprised if he is back in a Patriot's uniform in time for the game here against the Steelers in less then 2 weeks time. It's very very possible...

K Train
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Exactly.....why do so many Steeler fans think that every player on the team is a priest in the making?

Also, I don't buy that "Moss is a cancer in the locker room..." B.S. If he was such a cancer as so many have claimed him to be, the Patriots would've never signed him in the first place.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moss in Pittsburgh, but I don't think it would work. We have Bruce Arians as our OC. :banging:

nah BA would love to gameplan around the phrase "**** it, im going deep"

SteelerEyeZ
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
PATRIOTS SUCK!!! ENOUGH SAID

Real Deal Steel
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I'd trade Moss for Arians. And I'd throw in a bucket of chicken to ice the deal.

GoBenGo
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
...this would sure give Mr Jones a gift to appease the inbred torch and pitchfork totin' masses in "big" D.....and man, would he look good on that thar big ol teeeVeee....

lloydfan4life
11-02-2010, 08:13 AM

Yeah... cause we all know that New England has a pristine image with a team full of choir boys.... starting with their head coach.
:rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Moss is a monster on the field still, he'd be an asset to any team for 60 minutes. Other than that though, the Rooney's will never take him because of his past if nothing else.

jnes1216
11-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Moss is a monster on the field still, he'd be an asset to any team for 60 minutes. Other than that though, the Rooney's will never take him because of his past if nothing else.

Or the Rooneys won't take him because of their new committment to the run game. The same run game that gave us a 3-1 start and is now being shelved with Ben's return. They are waivering on what they want their identity to be.

LatrobePA
11-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Or the Rooneys won't take him because of their new committment to the run game. The same run game that gave us a 3-1 start and is now being shelved with Ben's return. They are waivering on what they want their identity to be.

I agree, we have lost it! Started out playing smash mouth now we are between slap mouth and just mouth!!

I'd rather ride Mendys shirt tail while grinding out the clock!!

Zachintosh66
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
can we kill this thread bc THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN

steelers4life66
11-02-2010, 11:55 AM
If we sign anyone he'd better be an O or D lineman.

Steel Trap86
11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
When Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress told his players Monday afternoon that Randy Moss(notes) would be released because “we want good people that are good football players, and this just doesn’t fit,” several of them nodded their approval. Though Childress isn’t especially popular in the locker room, some Vikings were on board with his decision to move on without Moss four weeks after the polarizing wideout was reacquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Even before Sunday’s surreal address to the media following the Vikings’ 28-18 defeat to the Patriots at Gillette Stadium – during which he questioned Childress’ leadership while effusively praising his former coach, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots’ organization – Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team’s locker room last Friday afternoon, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk(notes). As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.

According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”

Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

“And by the way, the food was actually really good.”

While Moss had his share of supporters in the locker room, some Vikings had grown disillusioned with his attitude. From the receiver’s uneven effort in practice to his displays of self-centeredness off the field, some veterans believed Moss was becoming a bad influence to young players like second-year wideout Percy Harvin(notes).

There was also locker room speculation about Moss’ effort – or lack thereof – on two plays in recent games. With the Vikes facing a last-gasp fourth-down pass in a 28-24 defeat to the Packers in Green Bay two Sundays ago, quarterback Brett Favre(notes) threw a high pass in the back of the end zone that sailed over Moss’ head, though it didn’t appear as though the receiver made an effort to jump for the ball.

In Sunday’s game against the Patriots, with the Vikings trailing by 10 midway through the fourth quarter, Moss drew a pass-interference penalty on Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather(notes) while streaking down the left sideline. It appeared as though Moss might have been able to catch the pass for a touchdown after the penalty occurred but that he broke off the route once the flag was thrown.

The Vikings got the ball at the New England 9 and scored four plays later, though not before Favre sustained a lacerated chin that knocked him from the game.

Most of all, however, Moss’ treatment of the restauranteurs in the locker room convinced some teammates that he wasn’t worth the trouble. Since becoming the Vikings’ coach in 2006, Childress has consistently preached that he wants “good people who are good football players,” and Moss clearly didn’t seem to be projecting himself as someone who fits in the former category.

When Childress, according to one person in Monday’s meeting, said of Moss, “This just doesn’t fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act,” it was clear that he was referring to the incident that occurred last Friday. Sunday’s stream-of-consciousness statement to the media only reinforced the internal perception that Moss was going out of his way to disrespect the organization.

With all of that said, Childress still has major credibility issues with his players, most of whom side with Favre in his ongoing clash with the coach. And there’s no guarantee Childress will stay the coach for the remainder of the season. However, his decision to part ways with Moss was, for some, viewed as an understandable consequence of the receiver’s behavior.

www.yahoosports.com

wow lol

Clevelandsux
11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Let the cowboys or the bengals have him. Imagine him and ocho cinco and T.O on the same team? Talk aBOUT A 3headed monster.

steelers4life66
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Let the cowboys or the bengals have him. Imagine him and ocho cinco and T.O on the same team? Talk aBOUT A 3headed monster.

Don't ya mean a three headache monster.

jnes1216
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Looks like the Titans claimed Moss. Kenny Britt looked real good, but I think he has an injury. No word on if he signed contract.

Scorp
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Will it work for him?..........who cares.