PDA

View Full Version : 1-3 over our last 4 games?

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Lets be honest we should have lost that Miami game. Thanks to the refs we snuck out with a victory. But since the TB win we've really only beaten the Browns.

Ravens = Loss
Browns = easy win to team that basically gave it away
Miami = thank you officials.
Saints = Loss

That's 2-2 which should really read 1-3. Ben is basically 1-2 since his return. Yes a win is a win....but I think its worth mentioning. We've got issues.

We have not looked good in really any of the last 4 games. We've got two very losable games coming up. I think we need to destroy Cinci this coming week and get our swagger back. The common theme in the last 4 games....no running game.

I hope this is not a trend.

StlersGuy
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
U can jump off the wagon anytime if you want

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
The Dolphins lost because they couldnt get in the end zone and had to settle for FG's instead of TD's and their play calling was terrible the last drive where they had a chance to go down and get the winning FG with plenty of time left after the Steelers took the lead. The bottom line is the Steelers are still in great shape here to still have a legit chance to win this division and have everything they want to accomplish right in front of them. There is no doubt this is a huge game in Cincy next Monday and the Bengals will come out and play desperate. However, so will the Steelers and the way the Bengals have looked over the last few weeks losing 4 in a row and Palmer completely imploding and the Bengals defense not looking nearly as good as they did last year I dont see them all of a sudden turning things around and beating the Steelers next Monday...

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
U can jump off the wagon anytime if you want

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

bandwagon? GMAFB .... I've been on the steelers "bandwagon" since the early 70's.

I think the way we've played the last 4 games is worth noting. If you want to ignore it go ahead. no need for you to comment then.

--- Added 11/1/2010 at 02:41 PM ---

The Dolphins lost because they couldnt get in the end zone and had to settle for FG's instead of TD's and their play calling was terrible the last drive where they had a chance to go down and get the winning FG with plenty of time left after the Steelers took the lead. The bottom line is the Steelers are still in great shape here to still have a legit chance to win this division and have everything they want to accomplish right in front of them. There is no doubt this is a huge game in Cincy next Monday and the Bengals will come out and play desperate. However, so will the Steelers and the way the Bengals have looked over the last few weeks losing 4 in a row and Palmer completely imploding and the Bengals defense not looking nearly as good as they did last year I dont see them all of a sudden turning things around and beating the Steelers next Monday...

It wasn't' really my point to get into why we won the Miami game. Fact of the matter is if the officials made the correct call we dont get a 3 points. IMO Miami is a team we should have no problem beating if we want to be considered a SB contender. We are one bad call from being 1-3 over our last 4 games. Tomlin and Co. need to figure out what's not working and fix it fast. Cinci and NE are lose-able games if our offense doesn't start scoring more points.

super cleats
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
madtowndrunkard, dont mind the homer haters, WE WERE very LUCKY to win against Miami, only a retard would of given the fumble to the Steelers, it was clear that the Dolphins recovered it they had 4 people near it and I saw one of them dive onto the football.

Scorp
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Memo to Steelers....Get your S#it together.

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Can we stop using the word swagger...

SteelersWoman
11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Some things I saw during the game:

Ben didn't roll out much--he seemed to be moved up and into the pocket (sometimes through it) much more than usual.

Hines didn't seem to even try to look back on several throws.

The playcalling (and lack of production) and the failure to let go of ego when what they were doing wasn't working at the goaline was all ridiculous--and would've been laughable if it were happening to any other team.

James Harrison (and most of the time LW) were held to the point that around the third quarter, I just sat silent and got depressed and knew this wasn't gonna end well. Until that point, I'd been yellin at the refs. Why bother, they're not gonna call it. They didn't want Brees to be touched.

The call of roughing against JH when he didn't lead with his helmet. It wasn't deliberate--the helmet stuff happened as a result of their bodies hitting so hard. That was BS--JH called it right.

There was no adjusting to anything the Saints were throwing at us.

There were some other issues, but those were the main ones. If you want to call me a bandwaggoner because I see some areas we need to improve, go ahead. Just like I have the right to say my son's being lazy when I see it and that he could improve, I have the right to say when I see my team's doing something wrong and could improve.

I'm not gonna act like I'm some sort of idiot and pretend that I don't see what others clearly see is going on. Doesn't mean that I don't love my son, and doesn't mean that I don't love my team--and I love them both to the death no matter what. But if a problem isn't acknowleged, it doesn't have a snowball's chance in heck of being fixed.

Clevelandsux
11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm happy we're 5-2. But we played like **** the other night.

steelersbabex25
11-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Wait this guys name is madtowndrunkard? Case closed.

madtowndrunkard
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
We are eerily looking very similar to last years team. Start off hot (5-2), Offense is struggling, big injury to Smith, and the Bengals and Patriots are up next.

The only thing I see different about this team is our ST's play. It's amazing what a new ST's coach can do in just one offseason. I hope that ends the debate that our horrible ST's play the last two seasons was not because of the players...it was the coaching.

I have a feeling we will at some point in the next year or two we will discover the issues with our offense were not because of the players (or even the O-line) but because of the coaching.

It really makes me ill to think about how we are wasting the opportunity to take advantage of Lebeau's defense because Tomlin will not fire Arians. By the time Tomlin finally has the balls to fire Arians, Lebeau will retire and we'll be crying about our defense sucking while our offense is lighting up the scoreboard.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
This team is nothing like last years team; the offensive line is much better. Mendy is running better, Wallace is playing great, the defense is healthy. You can't win every game and on any given week somebody gets alittle bit lucky with a call or situation that goes in their favor. It's not like we're the only ones to have questionable calls every week here people.

The fact is the Dolphins lost because we forced them to kick FG's in the red zone, their play calling was suspect all day, and in the end even with time to go down field after we kicked the FG they completed folded and had nothing left.

The call with the ben fumble was correct as it was called on the field. The officials signaled TD so the play was ruled over immediately at that point, that's why nobody went crazy trying to sort out the fumble. After the review it was clear that Ben had fumbled but it was not clear who recovered. Just because the Dolphins came out with it doesn't mean they had it. Legursky dove into the pile so who's to say who had it when. That's the facts, and the call was correct as stated in the current rules. Now, should the rules change? possibly so but that's something to talk about later.

Give it a rest already, we know we aren't perfect, nobody is. If you think the great teams in the NFL don't get questionable calls go their way now and then, you should have your head examined.

LatrobePA
11-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm calling MNF a must win for us to keep in pace with the Rats...

Bungles season is riding on this game as well, should be a close game...

coldrolled
11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
We are eerily looking very similar to last years team. Start off hot (5-2), Offense is struggling, big injury to Smith, and the Bengals and Patriots are up next.

The only thing I see different about this team is our ST's play. It's amazing what a new ST's coach can do in just one offseason. I hope that ends the debate that our horrible ST's play the last two seasons was not because of the players...it was the coaching.

I have a feeling we will at some point in the next year or two we will discover the issues with our offense were not because of the players (or even the O-line) but because of the coaching.

It really makes me ill to think about how we are wasting the opportunity to take advantage of Lebeau's defense because Tomlin will not fire Arians. By the time Tomlin finally has the balls to fire Arians, Lebeau will retire and we'll be crying about our defense sucking while our offense is lighting up the scoreboard.

:plus1: we are wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on talent for arians to screw it all up.. it is sad...

Dean Denton
11-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Lets be honest we should have lost that Miami game. Thanks to the refs we snuck out with a victory. But since the TB win we've really only beaten the Browns.

Ravens = Loss
Browns = easy win to team that basically gave it away
Miami = thank you officials.
Saints = Loss

That's 2-2 which should really read 1-3. Ben is basically 1-2 since his return. Yes a win is a win....but I think its worth mentioning. We've got issues.

We have not looked good in really any of the last 4 games. We've got two very losable games coming up. I think we need to destroy Cinci this coming week and get our swagger back. The common theme in the last 4 games....no running game.

I hope this is not a trend.I cant argue with this. This team has not looked all that good in Bens return. We have gotten away frm the run, and the Def is starting to look like they are giving it over to Ben to win the games. Sure mistakes killed us against the Saints, but where is the run to set up the pass? I know it could all turn around on monday, and the loss to the Saints could also be because of the shift from 1 pm start time to 8. players dont like that. Hope its not an issue over the next two games. All i know is the Steelers have not beat the Pats with Brady at QB since Bens first game against them 6 years ago. Would be nice to win this time. Brady #21 on the top 100 list...really? He's a career back up from Michigan and cheated to win SB...please kick his ***, then after that I dont care what they do....