PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Loudest NFL Stadium

Steelerlyn
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
3 Rivers used to be horribily loud, it was great! Heinz Field is really quiet compared to 3 Rivers, it is all in the engineering of the stadium. 3 Rivers being almost Bowl shaped could only be LOUD whereas, Heinz Field with the open end leaves a lot to be desired.

I have never been there but some friends in KC told me that Arrowhead takes on that college atmosphere and is really, really loud.

Hawk Believer
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
We like to think that Qwest Field is the loudest stadium. A lot of opposing players say that when interviewed about playing out here. But I realize its a pretty debatable point.

PITT23
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
The place where the KC Chiefs play (its escaping me right now) gets pretty damn loud. I could here them pretty well on TV last Sunday.

Forged in Steel
12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
We like to think that Qwest Field is the loudest stadium. A lot of opposing players say that when interviewed about playing out here. But I realize its a pretty debatable point.

I agree with Hawk Believer. Qwest Field has two ends that hang out over the stands, which when people make noise it virbates threw the stadium and bounces off walls.

House of Steel
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Cleveland Browns Stadium is damn loud, I will admit to that.
Pontiac Silverdome was loud also for the Motor City Bowl back in the earlier days
Ford Field is not too shabby either.

Steelerlyn
12-12-2006, 10:34 PM
The place where the KC Chiefs play (its escaping me right now) gets pretty damn loud. I could here them pretty well on TV last Sunday.

Arrowhead and I have also heard the same thing.

SteelerDan43
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Arrowhead, Arrowhead, and Arrowhead. It has been measured to be the loudest on more than one occasion I believe

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Arrowhead has been one of the loudest in the NFL every since it came into existance. It's engineered to funnel all the crowd noise right down to the field.

Steelersfan
12-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I have to agree with Arrowhead but Qwest would be right up there too.
I really don't like how quiet Heinz field is. At least on TV it seems quiet compared to other stadiums.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-13-2006, 12:48 AM
The Vet, now that use to be fun even if I do hate the Eagles.

House of Steel
12-13-2006, 01:01 AM
OH YES!!! Good one, Philly. I forgotten about the VET. That place was damn deafening at times. Lambeau Field is also a loud place that Monday Night I went. OH MY GOODNESS I COULDN'T HEAR ****!!

K Train
12-13-2006, 01:19 AM
RCA dome....any dome would be the loudest when you pump artificial sound into it