PDA

View Full Version : I would have much rather lost to the Saints last night then the Bengals next week...

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
I say this because this is an NFC loss and it wont count against any tiebrakers within the AFC conference or within the division. With that being said, the Steelers MUST now beat the Bengals next week to avoid 2 losses in the AFC North. The Ravens now currently hold the tiebraker over us since they beat us head to head and as long as they do stay tied with us they will be able to do so. The next 4 games now are huge for the Steelers with the Bengals,Pats,Raiders,and Bills before the Ravens game. The Ravens have some tough games as well with the Dolphins,Falcons,Carolina,and Tampa so they could easily have at the very worst 1 more loss there which I am sure they will have. The Steelers need to win that game against the Bengals next week to maintain that same 2-1 record in the division as the Ravens when they play them on December 5th. As long as the Steelers win next week even if they lose to the Patriots and beat both the Raiders and the Bills and the Ravens dont lose any of their next 4 games they will be able to jump them in the standings at 9-3 and 3-1 in the division to the Ravens 2-2 in the division as long as they win in Cincy next week. So a loss last night in New Orleans while it was frustrating it's not the end of the world and I would have much rather lost to the Saints last night then lose next week to the Bengals in a very very important key swing game in the division...HUGE game in Cincy next week pretty damn close to a MUST win game I believe to keep pace with the Ravens and not let them get another tiebraker on us...

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
i would rather never lose.

Moondog
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I would rather they didn't lose, but if I had to pick which game to drop in this three game road trip, it would be the Saint's game. However, the Steelers are going to have to strap it on in Cincy, the Bengals are a desperate team.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
The Ravens have Miami up next, who is undefeated on the road this year so there's no guarantee Baltimore wins that game. This is a chance for us to redeem ourselves and get back on track. The Bengals are beat up on defense right now, but they will be playing desperate football with their backs to the wall. If we don't win this game we let them back into the race and we put ourselves in a bad position. The AFC games are the ones that count the most, and we absolutely must do whatever it takes to win.

Losing always sucks, when you play good teams and lose, you realize you don't have what it takes to stack up against the best, atleast on that night.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree after dropping 4 games in a row Cinci will be fighting to the end...

Moondog
11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
The Steelers are going to have to play with a sense of urgency and laser focus themselves. Good teams bounce back after a discouraging loss, get to 2-1 on this road trip then we are looking at five of the last eight games at home.

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Anybody that thought the Steelers were going to go the rest of the season without losing another game needs to have their heads examined...The Steelers are a pretty good team but they have some flaws like every other team does and when you play a pretty damn good team like they did last night in the Saints you find that out pretty quickly. The Steelers plain and simply caught the Saints on the wrong week coming off that loss to the Browns. They needed to win more then the Steelers,they were at home, the game was on National TV and the Saints came out more ready and desperate to play and win the game. Ill say this much Tomlin coached terribly last night. Challenging that call at the start of the game was a horrific decision,not going for it on 4th down from the 1 after the TD was overtuned wasnt a good decision, not challenging the Mendenhall TD on second down when he was clearly in was terrible as well. And of course trying that 51 yard FG from Reed before the half and giving the Saints great field position to kick a FG before halftime was a poor decision as well. The Steelers coaching and play calling especially the last 2 minutes of the half the last 2 weeks has been beyond terrible. It's almost as if Tomlin and Arians dont want the Steelers to score.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Anybody that thought the Steelers were going to go the rest of the season without losing another game needs to have their heads examined...The Steelers are a pretty good team but they have some flaws like every other team does and when you play a pretty damn good team like they did last night in the Saints you find that out pretty quickly. The Steelers plain and simply caught the Saints on the wrong week coming off that loss to the Browns. They needed to win more then the Steelers,they were at home, the game was on National TV and the Saints came out more ready and desperate to play and win the game. Ill say this much Tomlin coached terribly last night. Challenging that call at the start of the game was a horrific decision,not going for it on 4th down from the 1 after the TD was overtuned wasnt a good decision, not challenging the Mendenhall TD on second down when he was clearly in was terrible as well. And of course trying that 51 yard FG from Reed before the half and giving the Saints great field position to kick a FG before halftime was a poor decision as well. The Steelers coaching and play calling especially the last 2 minutes of the half the last 2 weeks has been beyond terrible. It's almost as if Tomlin and Arians dont want the Steelers to score.

:yellowthumb: you nailed it...We'll lose more! This year in the NFL you won't need to be 15-1 to make it to the SB...

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
:yellowthumb: you nailed it...We'll lose more! This year in the NFL you won't need to be 15-1 to make it to the SB...

but in the afc a good winning record may not guarantee making the playoffs if your in second place in your division. we need to win our divsion.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 12:12 PM
but in the afc a good winning record may not guarantee making the playoffs if your in second place in your division. we need to win our divsion.

Very true, but I feel the rats have a few more to lose...

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
The Bengals are beat up on defense right now, but they will be playing desperate football with their backs to the wall. .

so were the saints.. even worse.... saints inactives as a reminder...

New Orleans: RB Pierre Thomas, RB Reggie Bush, TE Tory Humphrey, T Charles Brown, DE Junior Galette, LB Anthony Waters, CB Tracy Porter, CB Jabari Greer

if arians dials up some more of his offensive magic. we will get another game handed to us for some more humbling...

steelchamp204
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Did we already win next week? After lastnight I dont think next week will be a given, specially if the offense doesnt step up.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
There's a reason that that nobody went undefeated past the first month of the season. Free agency, injuries, and the lack of a CBA which means a lack of a salary cap all come into play here. Wins are much harder to come by and just when you think you're good you end up like the Jets, getting shut out at home to the Packers.

I'm not foolish enough to think that we'd run the table after Ben came back, but man I wanted this game in a big way. Such is life in the NFL, the Steelers had their chances and failed. This weekend coming up will most definitely come down to the 4th quarter again.