PDA

View Full Version : Ben isn't really "back" just yet...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Ben is not really as "back" as people may think he is. I think that some of the Steeler Nation and a lot of the media thought that Ben would just come back and everything would be perfect. Now, Ben has made a lot of plays, ones that Batch, Lefty, or anybody else in the league could not make. We all know Ben is the leader of this team, we will go as far as he takes us and he is the right man for the job.

Clearly though he is still missing on the timing with his WR's in some situations, and he is having some issues running the no huddle from what some are saying. Let's face it, you can't be gone for a month and then come back and expect to be perfect. Training camp and preseason aren't like playing in real games. In camp you don't get hit and the most you do is 7 on 7 type drills. In preseason you only play for maybe a quarter at the most and it's a vanilla type of offense just to get some snaps in. Even his QB boot camp he went through while he was off isn't the same as throwing into traffic, throwing while being chased, etc. All that was was helpful for him for sure but he clearly doesn't quite have all his ducks in a row just yet.

Now that the regular season is here and Ben is technically into his 3rd game and what would normally be into September when everyone else is in the same situation. He is behind everyone else and trying to play catch up vs teams that have everything set after playing 4 extra games. I would like to think that he will start to really pour it on in the coming weeks after having 3 games under his belt but we'll have to see.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Things could be worse, just say'n!!

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/AD/9E68B5ECBE8AF3F8226C65F4C3DAF0.jpg

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
He missed so many wide open recievers it made me want to :club: him

StlersGuy
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/AD/9E68B5ECBE8AF3F8226C65F4C3DAF0.jpg

For sure

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

LarryNJ
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Or

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3435/ph2010103104935.jpg

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Or

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3435/ph2010103104935.jpg

LOL, yes sir!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Things can always be worse, but I think we got spoiled alittle bit in how well we played through the first 4 weeks. Even though the passing games struggled, many of us thought that Ben would come back and we'd be this crazy juggernaut that would be just sick to deal with. The fact is that Ben is back, the passing game is better, but the run game is worse and the defense (all be it the league office having something to do with it) is not playing as well either.

jnes1216
11-01-2010, 12:33 PM
There was something wrong last night. He said in post game that they couldn't get their rhythm. Ben knows the playbook, I don't know why he'd be struggling with the no-huddle for them to not run it more often. He seemed inaccurate these last two games.
I'm stumped.
He is hard to bring down, evidence by him giving Will Smith a piggyback ride, I'll give him that. But if Smith doesn't hang on to Bens shoulder pads he slides down and knocks the ball out. Ben has to watch that ball better.

Scorp
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Ben should just step the f-ck back and make way for Charlie Batch. He could have got the job done for us.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Ben should just step the f-ck back and make way for Charlie Batch. He could have got the job done for us.

No, IMO not just to beat a dead horse but the play calling was OTL. Dare I say each week it's gotten worse since Ben came back?

Ben / WR's missing hot reads, yes that was on them both. I said it B4, Holmes was the hot read king, Ben is missing that right now..

Browns game - Good to OK

Phins - OK to bad

Saints - Bad to f'n terrible

Scorp
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm just pissed Latrobe. Thanks for understanding.

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Fact of the matter is with Ben at the helm we should be 1-2 since his return.

The refs screwed Miami in a game that Ben basically lost by fumbling the ball in the endzone. What ever you want to argue we barely beat a very average Miami team and lost to an average Saints team (rittled with injuries) Ben's one victory was against the Browns who basically gift wrapped a victory for us.

I dont understand why our FO and Tomlin accept an under achieving offense year after year. Arians has to go.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm just pissed Latrobe. Thanks for understanding.

That stuff doesn't bother me, post what you feel brother...F-it!

I was disgusted, damn near strangled the family cat (twice)...lol

SteelDad
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM

As long as it wasn't the dog. Cats, I don't mind strangling, but please keep rover out of it.

--- Added 11/1/2010 at 01:55 PM ---

When BR was about to come back and we were all giddy like school girls, I think we were going on the premise of his physical abilities giving our QB position a natural upgrade which is only natural. What I saw last night was a guy that looked very confused at times by the Saints defense. I do believe however, that Arians was completely overmatched by Williams and he took waaaaaaayyy too long to adjust our receivers' hot routes. I also think that when Ben was out, Arians had to stick to a certain plan and now he is like a kid in FAO Schwartz playing with a new toy and it is costing our offense dearly.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
It's not a matter of Ben knowing the playbook or not, hell Ben helped write most of it since Arians consulted him on what he likes to do and not do in a game. You just can't simulate game circumstances no matter how much you practice, do boot camps, drills, or whatever. Throwing into double coverage in practice isn't like doing it in a game.

Anybody who thinks we would be better without Ben is of course out of their minds, LOL. These last 2 weeks the crowd noise has been incredible which doesn't help, but to the credit of the OL they didn't many false starts which is a positive. It's hard to put a finger on it since we aren't at practice every day and on the sidelines during a game but something is alittle off right now and hopefully it gets fixed soon.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Ben obvious is not in rhythm with the team so missing the time he missed this year has really hurt us, i expected him to be rusty against the Clowns, but i didn't think it would take this long for him to get back in regular season form, it's coming though and when he does look out, i re watch the game yesterday and now i understand why we run the ball more, i was wondering why Ben is not running the no huddle or hurry up and it's because of what i stated earlier, This suspension has hurt us in more ways then we know...This will be Bens 4th game back and as long as the O-Line continues to hold up and i don't see why it won't unless someone on the O-Line get injured we will be a team to reckon with, and i to TG was impress that we didn't get alot of false starts in N.O. because there fans were loud all night, Overall we will be ok we just have to find ways to win games untill he gets back into regular season form IMO...GO STEELERS:tt02:

Scorp
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM

:lol: Well i didn't have a cat around so i had to keep it bottled up. Kinda.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Yea Batch would have handled the Saints blitzes much better...some fans crack me up.....Batch didn't play worth a **** when Ben was out.......Batch didn't do much against the Titans after Dixon went down.....Batch's so called good game against the Bucs really wasn't that good....Two of his TD's should have been INT's.......Batch missed throws all day against the Ravens that Ben would have hit......The defense and running game won games while Ben was out not Batch/Dixon....lol

Ben has had one stinker so far since being back......I'm so tired of hearing about the Miami game......The refs didn't screw the Dolphins....The Phins screwed themselves for settling for field goals instead of scoring TD's.....Plus the Dolphins were giving two gifts right off the bat thanks to two Steelers fumbles with prime field position and still couldn't punch it in....Football games are not won or lost on one play.....There is many plays and factors that go into deciding an outcome of a football game.....Some of you fans just hate Ben and that is fine....But get over it he is the starter long term for this team...Better get use to it...lol

I agree with Top, that Ben isn't fully back yet and that is to be expected......But I'm sure we will see a much better and prepared Ben this Monday night....He always loves playing in Ohio.....I just wish we would hear about the offense putting extra time with each other to get more sync......You would think they would make a point to do just that to catch up since Ben was out for 4 games....

Clevelandsux
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree, Ben has not been playing well. Two fumbles in the miami game. Missing receivers, underthrowing. No excuses. This guy is a pro. He's been back 3 weeks now.

Iron City South
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Ben does not need Arians ..... period.

Ben should be running his own show at this point in his career, but he's not.

THAT IS A PROBLEM ....

Dobre Shunka
11-03-2010, 04:59 AM
He's rusty, has new receivers to learn, and is playing some tough teams.