PDA

View Full Version : Chins Up you guys!!!!

Dean Denton
11-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Ya know what this game reminded me of? The game when the Steelers played the Colts mid season before going to and winning SB XL. It just had that feel of a team really not playing to their highest level, and just getting a feel for the team they knew they would face again. The Steelers really beat themselves out there tonight, and I know they know this. they left a lot on the field, Heath... and I know they want a do over, and I think they will get it. I would love to see this game in Dallas, with both teams healthy. It was a good game, and worthy of a rematch. Lets hope this is the team the Steelers face in Texas this winter....I promise the ending will be more to your liking...mark it down! Oh yeah, how about them Raiders gettin the crap out of the Seahawks? loved it....lol

DanRooney
11-01-2010, 05:26 AM
While our D looked good in only allowing 20 with 10 points coming off of a short field, our pass defense is getting really bad. Once again, the opposing QB has had a higher completion percentage than his season average (Brees was a stellar 69%, against us...77%). The scary thing is we're only rushing 4. Meaning we have 7 guys in coverage and we still can't stop it.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I just had a bad feeling about this game right from the start when the offense wasn't in sync. As the game went on and they continued to struggle you didn't get the sense that they were ready to break out and get on a roll. Even the defense, that played well in the first half, it seemed like the Saints were on the verge of starting to get hot. After halftime that's exaclty what they did. It was one of those games where we couldn't get out of the offensive funk and the defense couldn't recover from the adjustments the Saints made.

StlersGuy
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
This game worried me and I knew the Aints we would see was a different one then what played the Clowns.

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I believe we'll be fine...As a matter of fact this loss helped humble the team, we can end the talk of being the best team in the NFL, which is fine with me, we don't have to be to win another SB ring...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
No Steelers fan was saying we are the best team in the league, that was all the media. We all know there are short comings on this team that need to be addressed. We were exposed last night as a team that could not do anything to stop the pass rush against big blitzes. The Saints knew they were vulnerable to the pass with backups in the secondary so they made sure that Ben had no time to throw at all, and it worked.

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 10:01 AM
No Steelers fan was saying we are the best team in the league, that was all the media. We all know there are short comings on this team that need to be addressed. We were exposed last night as a team that could not do anything to stop the pass rush against big blitzes. The Saints knew they were vulnerable to the pass with backups in the secondary so they made sure that Ben had no time to throw at all, and it worked.

They say it enough you start to believe it...lol

Ben was due to have a bad game, at least it was to a good team!

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
load 8 in the box and bull rush all day.. we have no answers... 2 years ago against the eagles it started... last year against the browns. last night against the saints, next week against the bengals... and on and on ... we have no answer for it... arians has no clue how to beat that defense when its coming at us. you guys are looking for a halftime adjustment? it is a lifetime adjustment for arians... forget it until he is gone.
this is depressing already.

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I just had a bad feeling about this game right from the start when the offense wasn't in sync. As the game went on and they continued to struggle you didn't get the sense that they were ready to break out and get on a roll. Even the defense, that played well in the first half, it seemed like the Saints were on the verge of starting to get hot. After halftime that's exaclty what they did. It was one of those games where we couldn't get out of the offensive funk and the defense couldn't recover from the adjustments the Saints made.

:yesnod: I feel you. You can always get a feel for the game within the first few drives, and when the Steelers only scored a field goal in the first half, you knew that it wasn't going to be a good second half. The Saints came back in the second half with answers, we didn't.

Scorp
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank God and the Rooney's for Troy Polamalu.

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
They say it enough you start to believe it...lol

Ben was due to have a bad game, at least it was to a good team!

Not to rain on anyone's parade but if the refs didn't screw Miami Ben would be 1-2 since his return.

Throw in a Ravens loss, an easy win vs Cleveland....we are basically 1-3 over our last 4 games. Since the TB win I'd say we have been less then stellar. The common theme has been our inability to run the ball the last 4 games....that and horrific play calling from Arians.

We better destroy Cinc next week. We badly need to get our swagger back, especially running the ball. If we lose to Cinci and then have NE to look foward to. It could get ugly really fast. Tomlin needs to take control of this team and send a clear message to Arians...." score points or you are gone"

Goodfrom55
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Agree about the COlts game. Defense was physical, but could not get off the field on 3rd down and Troy's goof were too much to overcome.

Put it on my tombstone:

If you let a team hang around long enough, they will find a way to beat you.

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Agree about the COlts game. Defense was physical, but could not get off the field on 3rd down and Troy's goof were too much to overcome.

Put it on my tombstone:

If you let a team hang around long enough, they will find a way to beat you.

We scored 3 points in 2 qtrs.. arians needs to go... our defense held the fabulous brees to 6 points for a long time....

this is all on arians lame *** play calling that put us in this position.... he keeps doing it to us... arians is making tomlin look like a moron... rooney... please step in and swing the axe.

Dean Denton
11-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Thank God and the Rooney's for Troy Polamalu.yeah, Troy gave up two big plays in that game, so dont be throwing game balls his way just yet....

SChip
11-02-2010, 09:31 PM
We all know there are short comings on this team that need to be addressed. We were exposed last night as a team that could not do anything to stop the pass rush against big blitzes. The Saints knew they were vulnerable to the pass with backups in the secondary so they made sure that Ben had no time to throw at all, and it worked.

Amazing that the Stains can handle that defense but we can't. Maybe if we had an OC that wasn't so predictable that my granddaughter can tell the plays before the snap, we could actually move the ball. Ben needs more time to be able to circumvent that jerk with the "no-huddle" but in the mean time we have to endure more of the same dull unimaginative plays that exclude the quick hitters, draws and slants that other teams use against that rush.

If BA lasts another year I think I'll kill myself or start watching Oprah or the View.

Iron City South
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Ya know, strangely enough .... it's not any player or players on the roster that I'm concerned about. Our roster is loaded with talent, more talent than we've enjoyed in quite some time ..

I'm concerned that we have an OC that is probably the weakest link in the chain from an intellectual standpoint along with a Head Coach who is more cheerleader than he is a true leader and strategic mind.