PDA

View Full Version : Harrison held EVERY SINGLE PLAY

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 01:32 AM
I realize we all know that, but it's starting to walk the line of unbelievable ridiculousness. COME ON. I was just watching the game because I was out, and literally every single play he was being held. Come on NFL, do something about this injustice. It's getting annoying.

DanRooney
11-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Ha some guys posted this in the NFL group on facebook

Frankie Cerino
after that steelers/saints game it looks like they took holding out of the rule book and made it legal again cuz my good woodley and harrison were getting rapped on every pass play...plus mendenhall scored but it didnt get called...its ok though the saints got a nice treat from the refs on halloween, but theres the reason brees isnt sacked often

Nick Faiazza man refs pick and choose when they want to call holding...i watched the game and i saw Woodley & Harrison being held on many occasions...and im a Broncos fan sayin this lol

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2010, 01:47 AM
There's holding on almost every play in the NFL; the refs choose when to call it based on the severity of the hold. Yes Silverback gets held quite often, but we all know Harrison has gotten very good at making himself look held every play as well. You know its true.

Dean Denton
11-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I realize we all know that, but it's starting to walk the line of unbelievable ridiculousness. COME ON. I was just watching the game because I was out, and literally every single play he was being held. Come on NFL, do something about this injustice. It's getting annoying. i know, and this **** gets old. He gets held around the neck, the back of the jersey and every other place you can hold...And it happens right in front of the ref. Even my dad, The Raider fan from oaktown thinks it getting ridiculous. And when a Raider fan thinks **** stinks, there the ones that know bad calls, no calls and made up calls.... I guess they dont want Harrison to break the sack record. He's not colorfull enough for the league. Not enough smiles like Strahan...

Danger DANJ
11-01-2010, 06:00 AM
After Heath fumbled and the Saints got that crucial first down and then the TD on the next play, the holding was horrible. Both times Woodley and then Harrison were basically strangled. How is that not called?! If an O-lineman has his arm around your neck and the defender is in front of him with his back to the O-lineman, it should be holding every time!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing all night long, I mean seriously, we all know the good pass rushers get held a lot but the Saints were literally doing it on almost every single play, especially in the second half. We only got what, 2 calls for holding, that went in our favor??!! The league won't care though, because you know their precious QB's and WR's were making big plays for Brees. I am seriously convinced that the officials just look the other way on stuff like this. You can't have the perfect view, now standing further back like the Referree does, and not be able to see it!

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 08:26 AM
I wasn't even watching the game anymore, I was only watching Harrison. I'm pretty sure it was literally every play. & horrible obvious holds too. Where both Harrison and Woodley were almost at Brees and they were being strangled. Unless the league has redefined what holding is, they need to start calling that kind of stuff more than twice a game.

--- Added 11/1/2010 at 07:26 AM ---

There's holding on almost every play in the NFL; the refs choose when to call it based on the severity of the hold. Yes Silverback gets held quite often, but we all know Harrison has gotten very good at making himself look held every play as well. You know its true.

When the hold has an effect on the outcome of the game, that's when I have a problem.

SteelDad
11-01-2010, 08:32 AM
It has bordered on the ridiculous far too long. I can't even bring myself to complain about it anymore because it saps my strength. Did anyone notice how much emphasis the ref put into his hand motions on Harrison' personal foul call? Tells you right there they are out to get him. Never mind he got ***-raped on the way to Brees...

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm going to start taking screen shots of Harrison getting held each game and send it to the NFL.

SteelCityKid5
11-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Out of all of the "homer" topic on SA, I have to say I am on board with this one. I know people will say its cliche that "Harrison's getting held every play" but, he is. Maybe not every play but I'd say at least 65-80% of the time. I can even make a case for that last Saints TD he was getting held but no call. Enough of these "Greatest Hits" videos the NFL comes out with every year. I want a video explaining the rules and tactics of the game so I can differentiate between a good call and a non-call. Right now I'm confused. After a penalty, NBC or CBS etc will show the the video of Harrison getting held. To me, the replays they show after the lineman gets caught holding Harrison looks the same to the lineman playing that way the whole game. I just don't get it.

steelersbabex25
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Here you are everyone..and these are just from the highlight plays

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5876/held.png (http://img180.imageshack.us/i/held.png/)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1199/held2.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/held2.png/)

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6048/held3.png (http://img502.imageshack.us/i/held3.png/)

Need I say anymore?

**none of them were called. As a matter of fact, on the second one, James Harrison was called for roughing the passer. AWESOME.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
It's reaching epic levels right now, is there group at the league office that reviews all the missed holding calls like they do all the "illegal" hits? If not there then there should be! It's not just sour grapes that some people think, it's too the point of being beyond ticky tack or sour grapes, it's downright wrong for officials to constantly miss so many of these calls on anyone, not just Harrison.

If you're going to complain about rules not being enforced, then do it for all of them!

SteelersWoman
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
we all know Harrison has gotten very good at making himself look held every play as well. You know its true.

Not sure how someone else's arm around his neck is him "making himself look held". Ummm, I believe it's because he IS being held. :2cents:

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
i scream holding during most of the game, my family thinks im crazy....

or i just yell.. kill arians, then the wife gives me the eye.. your children are in the room... then i change up and say well just punch him in the face....

Goodfrom55
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it if the refs would call it evenly for both teams, but last night, it was heavily in favor of the Saints; they could do no wrong. From the ticky tack Pass Interference call on Hines to Mendy's no TD on 2nd and goal, to the constant mugging of Woody and Harrison, it was a hard game to watch and not get angry.

Note to Harrison, rather than constantly doing the "dip and rip" move trying to get around the left tackles, throw a spin move in there once in a while. . .

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it if the refs would call it evenly for both teams, but last night, it was heavily in favor of the Saints; they could do no wrong. From the ticky tack Pass Interference call on Hines to Mendy's no TD on 2nd and goal, to the constant mugging of Woody and Harrison, it was a hard game to watch and not get angry.

Note to Harrison, rather than constantly doing the "dip and rip" move trying to get around the left tackles, throw a spin move in there once in a while. . .

let worilds take some turns....

jnes1216
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Did anyone hear Chris Collingsworth last night mention that some fans were sending money in for Harrisons fine? Harrison said it would go to charity. :yellowthumb:

airbrake 1
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
most offensive linemen in the league(steelers included) when facing a great pass rusher will take a few holding calls if necessary to gauge how the refs are going to enforce the holding rule...if the o-line man sees he has a ref that will only throw the flag on really outrageous holds the pass rusher will be in for a very long night...if he sees a ref that is calling it by the books the o-lineman will try to play legal... the NFL really needs to make this penalty a more objective ruling... if the refs would start throwing flags on every play the o-linemen would start playing by the rules or they will be looking for another job...