PDA

View Full Version : No answer all night for the Saints pass rush

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 12:38 AM
The offensive line had absolutely no answer for the pass rush tonight. The Saints brought the heat all night long and Ben was under duress play after play. They refused to back down even when we did convert some plays, and that was the difference tonight.

The WR's were not getting out of their breaks fast enough for Ben to find anyone while he was running for his life. That's on them as well, in those cases they have to get out of their breaks fast and turn around for a hot read. Multiple times Ward even wasn't ready for it especially in the first half.

In those situations you have to try and mix things up on offense and catch them in that pursuit for big plays but we could not. Arians refused to break out the no huddle, even if there was some trouble last week with it. We had no momentum almost all night long. There's no reason to not try it if you ask me. If you try it and fail what difference does it make because your offense isn't doing squat anyways.

DanRooney
11-01-2010, 12:40 AM
WRs not getting open quick enough is partly due to having 2 slow receivers in 4 WR sets. This game reminded me a lot of the Philly game in 2008, just not quite as bad.

Speeed
11-01-2010, 12:42 AM
It seems the Steelers had no defense against the blitz. It also seems Ben only threw the ball when there was a sense of urgency as opposed to making it part of the game plan.

I don't know what to think after that game. Just a confluence of misfortune, misplays, and bad play calling. If only one of those things goes wrong a win is possible. When all go south, well, we saw what happened.

Two turnovers and no points? Not the Steelers I know. And they needed 3 friggin' inches to get a touchdown!

Arghhhhh....

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Arians loves to set up third and long to much......When the OL is struggling to pick up the blitz and the WR's look lost on their hot routes its not a good idea to constantly put your QB who also wasn't in sync all night in those third/long situations.......

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Hell they threw the kitchen sink art the O line, consistently had 5-6 on the rush..gotta be able to find the hot route and have time to get it to him...unfortunately for us he didn't...not the end of the world

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 12:53 AM
the middle was wide open all night when they blitzed... where was a hot route? WTF?

Clevelandsux
11-01-2010, 12:56 AM
no huddle, no huddle, no huddle? Where was it?

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I knew it was gonna be a long nite... every time they showed ben on the sideline he was shaking his head

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Arians loves to set up third and long to much......When the OL is struggling to pick up the blitz and the WR's look lost on their hot routes its not a good idea to constantly put your QB who also wasn't in sync all night in those third/long situations.......

No kidding dude, we spent the entire first half in 3rd and long with the crowd screaming at epic decibels. You cannot allow yourself to be in those situations. If the defense is getting to you all day then you adjust with a different style of offense. You can't just continue to beat your head against a wall.

Clevelandsux
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Why were the Cleveland Browns able to defeat this team, and we couldn't? WTF?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2010, 01:02 AM
No kidding dude, we spent the entire first half in 3rd and long with the crowd screaming at epic decibels. You cannot allow yourself to be in those situations. If the defense is getting to you all day then you adjust with a different style of offense. You can't just continue to beat your head against a wall.

To me this game was one of the worst by BA........As bad as Eagles 2008 and Browns in Cleveland 2009........Now Saints 2010.....The three worst called games by BA.......

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 01:07 AM
To me this game was one of the worst by BA........As bad as Eagles 2008 and Browns in Cleveland 2009........Now Saints 2010.....The three worst called games by BA.......

Ya this was the worst IMO

Wallace is averaging 23 yards per catch and he was targeted what 3 times? and why Miller didn't even see the ball until the 4th blows my mind. The whole game I was saying where the hell is Miller? This was the WORST I have seen from Arians :banging:

Scorp
11-01-2010, 01:11 AM
BA you suck. Let's stop the insanity.

Real Deal Steel
11-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Guess what we are going to see next week??? We will see blitzes all over the place. Arians has been exposed. No real hot reads, No TE's chipping and then clearing to catch a pass..I mean this was really bad offensive game planning from Arains.

jnes1216
11-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Ya this was the worst IMO

Wallace is averaging 23 yards per catch and he was targeted what 3 times? and why Miller didn't even see the ball until the 4th blows my mind. The whole game I was saying where the hell is Miller? This was the WORST I have seen from Arians :banging:

I agree, the sportscar is being driven by Ray Charles.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I agree, the sportscar is being driven by Ray Charles.

Haha nice. And yeah, this game def reminded me of the 2008 Eagles game. Hopefully we can pick it up after this game like we did that year...

LarryNJ
11-01-2010, 07:45 AM
I knew it was gonna be a long nite... every time they showed ben on the sideline he was shaking his head
:plus1: Ben deserves as much of the blame as BA. He mad some very uncharacteristically bad throws. He was way off his game.

Zachintosh66
11-01-2010, 07:55 AM

Bc Drew Brees had arguably his worst game as a saint... you know it wasnt gonna happen 2 weeks in a row...

coldrolled
11-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Easy. They gave us Arians...