PDA

View Full Version : It's Up To Us Steelers Fans (Goodell Must be Stopped)

SteelDad
10-30-2010, 01:36 PM
With the Broncos and 49ers in London to play this week, Czar, errrrrrr, Commissioner Goodell once again spoke of his wish to eventually expand the league into Europe. I have already written an article (in that section BTW) detailing why this man will turn this game into complete mush, but I honestly fear it is time to start rallying the troops around the League to get this guy out. I realize this is no small task, but something has to be done. Besides last weeks' scoring explosion on the heels of "Fine James Harrison" week, he is now banging his monkey drum again about Europe. This isn't just a Steelers' issue folks, this involves all 32 fan bases so while it may kill us to actually have to speak to someone NOT in black and gold, we need to get this movement started. He is killing America's Game one dictatorial hand stroke at a time.:rant2:

igor0190
10-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately Goodell will do everything and anything he can to increase league revenues. The owner's vote him in, do they not? He will do anything he can to appease them, even at the cost of the game itself.

It's up to the fans, and more so the players/NFLPA to smack Goodell upside the head and force some sense into him during the collective bargaining for the new CBA.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Only way fans can make a difference is by not attending, watching on the tv, or not buying NFL merchandise..........Its not going to happen so I don't know we just have to put up with Hitler Goodell......

SteelDad
10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Only way fans can make a difference is by not attending, watching on the tv, or not buying NFL merchandise..........Its not going to happen so I don't know we just have to put up with Hitler Goodell......

You're absolutely right and I can honestly say I'll keep being a fan like most of us, but in the same breath, I also believe he will force some fans away and this 'bring in the casual fan' idea he seems to have will blow up too. You're either a fan or you're not.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2010, 06:21 PM
You're absolutely right and I can honestly say I'll keep being a fan like most of us, but in the same breath, I also believe he will force some fans away and this 'bring in the casual fan' idea he seems to have will blow up too. You're either a fan or you're not.

I hate Goodell so bad and I have thought about not supporting the NFL until he is gone....I toyed with the idea of not getting the NFL Sunday ticket this year.....Which I have had since 2000.....But in the end my love for the Steelers and Pittsburgh in general was to much.......lol

But my passion for the NHL and Pens has risen the last few years and really there might be a day were I say screw the NFL until Goodell is gone......

steelers4life66
10-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't see anyone get the entire NFL fan base together on this. that would be next to imposable. The players are going to have to handle this by way of a strike. They may get away with just threatening to strike.

Diamondhead
10-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Actually I dropped Sunday ticket years ago and refrain from buying any NFL merchandise. I just catch the games on internet radio, usually. My reasons for this were the amount of NFL ghetto vermin that were raping, robbing, dog-fighting and murdering. I had my share of Rae Carruths, Mike Vicks and Ray Lewis'. It just became too much for my conscience to keep feeding them monetarily and enabling these thugs.

I've enjoyed football since I was a youth, and continue to root for the Steelers as a team, but aiding in making them millionaires (many of whom have demonstrated they think themselves above the law and civilized morality) is just not something I am comfortable doing.

Will the decrease in NFL product consumption from yours truly hurt the NFL? No, not one bit, I imagine. But I sleep better at night knowing I'm not rewarding some pampered jock, who has already been given a free college education and all the perks that come from a sports obsessed society.

You should all try this. You'll find you can live without it. Enough of us do it, and I'll bet Goodell will do whatever you want him to do. The power is ultimately with the fan base.

(Okay, I'll get off my pulpit now :rant2:)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2010, 08:57 PM

That's the unfortunate truth bro, people aren't going to stop following the NFL no matter what they do. The hard core fans are out numbered greatly by the casual fans, it's the same way in any sport. Those casual fans are the ones that will continue to go to games just because and buy the merchandise just because. The voices of the opponents of Goodell's policies, while right and not afraid to speak up, are usually drowned out by those that are more than willing to just go along with what ever.

This is the NFL, not the world league here...the same fans that Goodell says are behind him are the ones suffering because we miss out on home games. Tickets are expensive, travel is expensive, and the average joe is never going to be able to travel very far for away games, let alone to Europe. What it all comes down to is that the NFL is a business and all they care about is the money. If they can make a buck they don't care who they hurt, no matter what they will tell you.

Scorp
10-31-2010, 02:13 AM
We can all take turns kicking Mr. G in the nuts.

Callax
10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Damn bad idea to expand into Europe. American sport to be played in America. SB stays in America.
GET this idiotic expansion idea out of you dope *** head!!

Farrior Fan
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
This expansion will end up just like the US housing market. When Bill Clinton decided everyone should be a homeowner it is just like Goodell thinking we should have fans all over the world. It will grow like crazy for a few years then the folks in europe will remember why they love soccer and the fad will be gone. Then we will have a few teams over there that the owners will treat like the Pirates and it will really hurt the league.

BTW Clinton, how did the housing mkt turn out? Moral - keep to what you are good at and don't get too greedy.