PDA

View Full Version : "We use WhipAss by the case not the can"

Steelerlyn
10-28-2010, 09:15 PM
A Must Read
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/10/28/1780729/depth-perception

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Steelers are "whip ***" That's why the league has specifically targeted us with their rule changes.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2010, 08:56 AM
BTSC always has good articles, thanks Lyn for posting it up.

Unlike some on this board, I'm not convinced yet that Hood is a wash. He had a real nice camp, ended up with some injuries to start the year, and played in spot duty up to this point. With a full week of practice with the starters, I am expecting this kid to step up to the plate and play well. Tomlin expects no drop off in performance, now having said that we all know Hood is no Aaron Smith, nobody is. All I want is for Hood to hold his own in the running game because teams will go right after him and see how he does. Up to this point teams haven't had much if any success running against in large part due to Aaron Smith, and also Keisel too. Now with Keisel still questionable, and Smith out, we will have to hold up against the onslaught that teams will throw at us.

The same thing happened last year when Smith was out and Troy was out, teams when went right after the spots where Smith used to play and pretty much didn't have to worry about a roaming Troy in the secondary so the sky was the limit.

This will be a huge test for us this weekend. IMO, regardless of how the Saints are playing this year, they are still a benchmark team with that offense.

coldrolled
10-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Well if the Saints are shorthanded everywhere, CB's, LB's, DB's....

Shouldnt the real whipass be coming from our offense... Brees may light us up a few times granted.. hes Brees.

But noone (News, Here, NFL.com, ESPN) is talking about us with Ben and Mendenhall lighting up their beat up defense... Are we that conservative of an offense to have a huge day? Or do most people realize Arians just cant dial up a kill no matter how bad another teams defense is hurt? We need to blow them out and score 38+ points... End of Story.

igor0190
10-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Well if the Saints are shorthanded everywhere, CB's, LB's, DB's....

Shouldnt the real whipass be coming from our offense... Brees may light us up a few times granted.. hes Brees.

But noone (News, Here, NFL.com, ESPN) is talking about us with Ben and Mendenhall lighting up their beat up defense... Are we that conservative of an offense to have a huge day? Or do most people realize Arians just cant dial up a kill no matter how bad another teams defense is hurt? We need to blow them out and score 38+ points... End of Story.

You are right... The Saints defense AINT very good at all. They are opportunistic, however it's tought to play like that without the lead. No reason why we shouldn't be able to score a bunch of points on them. They are banged up in the secondary, their OLB's are extremely weak.

LatrobePA
10-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Ben back and our running game stinks, I think we need to find balance...IMO we don't use Mendy enough, be it dumps, screens etc...

On defense, I have a feeling Hood will step up knowing he has too...I also feel Brees is scared to death of Troy, having a 4 pick game last, he'll try too hard to not make a mistake and alter his game a bit...