PDA

View Full Version : Cowher needs a suit!

SteelerFan87
12-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Bill Cowher needs to wear a suit for 2 out of these last 3 games! Jack Del Rio has worn one twice, and won both games. Even the 49ers won when their coach wore a suit! The suit is lucky! Cowher needs to get one, even if he'd look ridiculous. :lol:

Steelerlyn
12-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Heck why not? If it works go for it, right? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't see BC ever wearing a suit on the sidelines :lol:

Friday133
12-12-2006, 09:44 AM

i agree. after del rio and nolan wore suits the first time, cowher said he would never wear one, he said it wasn't him.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
I agree, it's not. Thank goodness BC isnt wearing the ripped up sweatshirts and tube socks that Bellichek wears though :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 11:07 AM

I'm with you Top Gun I can't ever see Bill Cowher in a suit along the sidelines. I don't care that coaches were suits. But they do look goofy out there coaching football in a suit. I know its a tribute to the coaches of old like Vince Lombardi and Hank Stram when they wore suits.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 11:22 AM
The NFL has evolved over time in so many ways on and off the field. The days of seeing Tom Landry walking around in his famous hat and suit are gone now. I do applaud those that have brought it back and if they like it, more power to them, but I think it's safe to say that's a trend that won't be brought back as the norm for all coaches.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
The NFL has evolved over time in so many ways on and off the field. The days of seeing Tom Landry walking around in his famous hat and suit are gone now. I do applaud those that have brought it back and if they like it, more power to them, but I think it's safe to say that's a trend that won't be brought back as the norm for all coaches.

I agree Top Gun. I don't care if a coach wears one. Its just funny to me to a coach wearing a suit. I was watching the Colts/Jags game Sunday and Del Rio looked like he was dressed for Wall Street instead of coaching NFL football.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
:lol: Makes you realize how supersticious the NFL coaches and players really are. We as fans are every week as we wear the same outfit, eat the same foods, watch the game in the same spot every week, same pregame ritual etc. , but it's interesting to see how much the players and coaches buy into it as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
:lol: Makes you realize how supersticious the NFL coaches and players really are. We as fans are every week as we wear the same outfit, eat the same foods, watch the game in the same spot every week, same pregame ritual etc. , but it's interesting to see how much the players and coaches buy into it as well.

Dude hell yea fans are supersticious and my family is bigtime. I really don't believe in that stuff. But my family does. My mom wears the same shirt every Sunday. My brother wears his Joey Porter jersey every Sunday. We all gather at my house to watch the games since I have the NFL Sunday Ticket. So this year I have been telling them see wearing the same clothes doesn't matter.

Funny thing is during the 1998 season I would wear my Kordell Stewart jersey every Sunday. As we all know the Steelers were 7-9 that year. So I stopped wearing jerseys on Steelers gameday. But this year coming off a Super Bowl win. I thought I would try it again. I wore my Hines Ward jersey twice this year and both times we lost. So I'm back to not wearing jerseys on gameday.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
I actually wore the same tshirt since we were 7-5 last year and went on our run to the super bowl. I retired it after we won, but against the cleveland game I broke it back out and we won, then I broke it back out last thursday and we won so who knows ! :tt02:

Im big into it, I gotta admit. I love doing the same routine, wearing the same clothes, eating the same snacks, same glass with same drink, etc. :lol:

SteelerFan87
12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey, you can't argue with the record of teams with a suit-wearing coach. :yesnod:

But I agree TG, at least Cowher doesn't look like a homeless guy like Belichick. :lol:

AZ_Steeler
12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I can't see Cowher wearing a suit unless his daughter is getting married! Suits are lame and there is definitely nothing BLUE COLLAR about them! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey, you can't argue with the record of teams with a suit-wearing coach. :yesnod:

But I agree TG, at least Cowher doesn't look like a homeless guy like Belichick. :lol:

I cant believe Kraft lets him go on national TV like that, much less his own wife !! :lol: :lol: You have to hand it to him though, he's just a football guy through and through and there's nothing wrong with that.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Well Bill Belichick and his wife were divorced.

Captcoolhand
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
What'd he do die:eek:

Steelerlyn
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
The only coaches who really do wear suits in this day and age are basketball coaches, college and pro (I think Bobby Knight wears a V Neck sweater, doesn't he)?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
He wore that Red v neck sweater all that time he was at Indiana, you could pick him out in a heartbeat :lol:

Steelerlyn
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Is he still at Tx Tech or wherever he was? Cause I think their colors are also red so he didn't have to buy a new sweater or anything LOL I saw him on the Stephen A. Smith show a few months ago and he still had that damn sweater on LOL :lol:

Friday133
12-12-2006, 03:21 PM
hockey coaches all wear suits.

House of Steel
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Bob Knight is still at Texas Tech. I don't care for the temper professor.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Although, it might be interesting to see Cowher spitting and carrying on while in a suit ! :lol: