PDA

View Full Version : Which player needs to step up the most?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2010, 09:11 AM
So far this year we've played just about everybody on the active game day roster at some point. With all the games down south, the backups have gotten significant playing time. Plus with Aaron Smith out now for atleast the next month or so we'll see a lot of rotation on the DL.

Having seen everybody play this year, who in your opinion needs to start stepping up the most and why?

I would say, as long as he's healthy this weekend, Woodley. Wood started out like gang busters the first couple weeks and since has been relatively quiet. It's not like he's never making any plays, but I wanted to see a real big year for him and so far he's been held in check alittle bit.

super cleats
10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Ziggy Hood and Troy Polamalu.

Hood will be crucial in stopping the run and Polamalu needs to make Brees throw some turnovers.

The Saints on their forum think Brees will throw a few turnovers lol.

LatrobePA
10-28-2010, 09:33 AM
It's an easy one, Troy 100% has been mia!!

cmerrifield
10-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree, its Troy. I thought the knee injury last year might affect him some this year. He seems to be just a little gun shy and still a little rusty. Hopefully he will snap out of it this week.

LatrobePA
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
With a sagging run game look for the Saints to attack our secondary, Troy will have to make some plays...

coldrolled
10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
an ILB to actually blitz and hit the QB... not dance with the OL...

Foote and Farrior need to speed up their games.

jpele
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna say Dick Lebeau, the past six games we were going after everyone with 3 and 4 man rushes and very little blitzing.

Maybe the coaches looked at this game thinking they wouldn't give the Saints our defense to study and instead of Tomlin...Dick comes out this week and unleashes hell. :tt02:

LatrobePA
10-28-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm gonna say Dick Lebeau, the past six games we were going after everyone with 3 and 4 man rushes and very little blitzing.

Maybe the coaches looked at this game thinking they wouldn't give the Saints our defense to study and instead of Tomlin...Dick comes out this week and unleashes hell. :tt02:

I hope you're right, our pass rush sucked Sunday...

jnes1216
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Jeff Reed and Ziggy Hood.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
It does seem that the intensity on defense has died down since Ben came back. There are still blitzes coming but the aggressiveness seems to somehow be lacking. I don't know if it's just Lebeau playing some teams differently or if the pass rush suddenly just stopped getting there. Perhaps alittle of both.

Aaron Smith affects the entire front 7, so I would say they all have to step up. With Keisel optimstic that he can be ready to go on Sunday that will help a lot.

I don't think Troy has been MIA that much, teams are going away from him so while he's still making tackles he's not as involved in the pass defenses recently. I still him hanging out near the ling of scrimmage to help stop the run and so far it's helped a lot. If Aaron can't be there then having Troy available to help vs the run is crucial.

Steelersfan
10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I would say Hood but the Saints are a passing team for the most part so I'm gonna say the secondary and the pressure.

SnakeEyes43
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
If the secondary can step up, we will win.

Goodfrom55
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Bryant MCFadden. Too soft in coverage. Definitely not a good thing if he has 13 tackles in a game.

Need pressure from the outside, but more importantly, need Casey to take away Brees' ability to step up in the pocket.

Steel Trap86
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Troy Polamolu

scott0326
10-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Polamalu

StlersGuy
10-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Super Troy

(Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro)

mwittman5
10-28-2010, 10:01 PM
if woodley is limited then jason worilds, theres needs to be a pass rush against brees. if woodley is good to go then ziggy hood. Dont let the drop off from smith be tremendous

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Without a doubt Ziggy!! It's time for him to step up and show why he was a first round pick!!

DanRooney
10-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Troy?

Sure in the last 2 games. But he put us in position to win in the Falcons game and made the would be game-tying INT against the Titans.

The correct answer is Jason Woodley...I mean Lamarr Gildong. At least if you're talking about under-performing.

The player that needs to step up the most in our current situation is by far Ziggy Hood, however.

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2010, 01:54 AM
It's an easy one, Troy 100% has been mia!!

Troy KNOWS the ball is going to be in the air alot! I think Brees throws the ball atleast 45 times.

I think Troy steps it up and gets a pick or two.

Dobre Shunka
10-29-2010, 04:44 AM
It's Ziggy time!

Goodfrom55
10-29-2010, 05:03 PM
troy doesn't have to be as animated as he was because of the emergence of LT. LT is dominating the LOS, Troy can be a force in the secondary and occasionally in blitz packages.

coach
10-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I hope our O has more balance and keeps Brees off the field so I say BA. I say Ziggy too. Read an ineteresting article on Hood today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/19613/is-ziggy-hood-ready

Scorp
10-29-2010, 10:15 PM
:goodpost:

airbrake 1
10-30-2010, 07:15 AM
no doubt that it is the time for hood to step up and become the player that tomlin thought he was drafting...filling the hole left by smith will be a giant undertaking, i understand that some players take longer than others to become NFL ready (look at timmons) but this injury has made hood's play the single most important issue if we are going to contend for another championship...go steelers