PDA

View Full Version : Can't see you guys losing to New Orleans

SufferinginCleveland
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
As a Browns fan, I certainly enjoyed watching them trounce the Saints in New Orleans last Sunday. But honestly, as has been pointed out on this forum more than once, that game really was a bit of a fluke: the trick plays, the rare 4-INT performance by Brees, etc. There WERE encouraging signs for the Browns like the time-consuming fourth-quarter drive and subsequent field goal that put the game out of reach, but I can't help but feel that, if we were to play the Saints 10 times in a row, New Orleans wins nine of them.

EVEN STILL...I saw some pretty glaring weaknesses in the Saints. Their offensive line was just plain confused despite the fact that all of the Browns did was limit the number of down linemen and ran a couple of stunts. Nothing major, and certainly nothing an NFL offensive coordinator shouldn't be able to handle.

On the other side of the ball, I didn't think the Saints' linebackers played all that well, either. Again, they seemed easily confused and didn't read and react well when they needed to. Plus, come on...Peyton Hillis is no Walter Payton!

All of this is to say, I can't imagine the Steelers losing this week. The Saints will be mad, yes, and I think they'll hang with you for awhile. But ultimately, the Steelers are too good to lose this game, from what I've seen.

By the way, what is it like to have a team that actually competes week in and week out? I can't imagine... :lol:

Scorp
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Steelers are making up for those stupid losses last season. Here we go Steelers here we go!!!!

K Train
10-27-2010, 04:06 PM
the saints could go 5 wide and beat us all day with colston, henderson, meachem, moore and bush....but i dont think they are that smart

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I think this game will be very very close and I just think this is a game that the Steelers will have a very good chance to win but they will fall just short and lose something like 31-28. I hope I'm wrong but that's just the way I see it playing out now. As much as Steelers fans hate to admit it this team still has a few more losses to be had this season and I just happen to think this is going to be one of them. Plus, losing to an NFC team will not hurt the Steelers in the division or conference tiebrakers as well so I dont think losing this game would be the worst thing in the world if youre a Steelers fan...The game the Steelers do not want to lose is the game next Monday night in Cincinnati against the Bengals. That is a game I believe the Steelers need too and MUST win much more then this game against the Saints.

Scorp
10-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Steelers are playing too good to lose and Saints are going to put up a crazy fight.

K Train
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
i feel like its always a shoot out when we play the saints and the falcons

Scorp
10-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Last time Ben & Brees faced off was in 2006. It was their 2nd meeting. The score was 38-31 with Steelers winning the game at home. But this time we're in their house. We'll see how it plays out.

scott0326
10-27-2010, 04:55 PM
This game worries me... Our secondary hasn't looked good of late and Brees can definitely spread the ball around, if our secondary plays like it did the last couple of weeks we could be giving up a lot of points.

Scorp
10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Have faith people

steelersbabex25
10-27-2010, 05:22 PM
By the way, what is it like to have a team that actually competes week in and week out? I can't imagine... :lol:

We'll let you know after we forget about last season :lol:

steelerdave
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
We have not seen much of Troy this season , or as of late . I think he will have good game this week end. Saints will try to run the ball, but will have to resort to the pass. If Troy can get a couple of interceptions or create some fumbles he could be a big factor in this game.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-27-2010, 06:55 PM
We have not seen much of Troy this season , or as of late . I think he will have good game this week end. Saints will try to run the ball, but will have to resort to the pass. If Troy can get a couple of interceptions or create some fumbles he could be a big factor in this game.

I have had this feeling all day that Troy is going to step up big in this game. The Saints will try to run the ball but Bush is out so we really only have to focus on one runner and try to keep that passing game under control

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
It's all about the pass rush and playing opportunistic defense. You get after any QB in the NFL and they'll make mistakes. Peyton Manning will shred any secondary if he gets time, but if you get in his face he can be beat. We proved that and so have others. Brees is the same way, if you give him time he will tear you apart no matter who you have.

He's also got a very quick release so you need to get in his face and disrupt the timing of the offense so he has to hold onto the ball longer which gives you an even better chance to force a checkdown or a sack.

greg1964
10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
The Saints are 4-3 and were in trouble in ALL their games except one:

wk 1: They took the opening kick-off right down the field against Minnesota and didn't do much afterward. S-14, M-9

wk 2: should have lose to the 49ers is that guy that intercepted the ball doesn't fumble on the run back. and Alex Smith eat them up in the passing game. S-25, 49ers- 22

wk 3: a back and forth game against a divisional foe Atlanta: this game they lost but should have won. but after the saints kicker missed a chip shot FG the Falcons moved that ball down the field on their D. S-24, A-24

wk 4: Against a team that just won their 1st game of the season (Carolina): the Saints had to come from behind to win 16-14: but I do understand divisional games can be hard.

wk 5: Loss to a team that bench their starting QB and had a 6 round pick. This is not the Kurt Warners Cards. But loss 30-20

wk 6: They killed the Bucs 31-6 with 158 yards rushing from and unknown back. and EVERYONE thought their back to what they were last year.

wk 7: Lost to a Browns 30-17 with four picks and 48 yards rushing.

Do you see a pattern: based on this season: the Saints have played two team with a wining record and lost one of them: have have played the some of the worst teams in football this year and (Minn 2 win, 49ers 1 win, Carolina 1 win Cards, 3 win, Tampa 4 win and the Brown 2 win) and still have only 4 wins.

When the Steelers beat them down on national TV this weekend, they will become the "Aints" again.

Scorp
10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Saints would have to play perfect football and flawless football to beat the Steelers. I don't see that happening at all.

coldrolled
10-28-2010, 12:03 PM
The Saints are 4-3 and were in trouble in ALL their games except one:

wk 1: They took the opening kick-off right down the field against Minnesota and didn't do much afterward. S-14, M-9

wk 2: should have lose to the 49ers is that guy that intercepted the ball doesn't fumble on the run back. and Alex Smith eat them up in the passing game. S-25, 49ers- 22

wk 3: a back and forth game against a divisional foe Atlanta: this game they lost but should have won. but after the saints kicker missed a chip shot FG the Falcons moved that ball down the field on their D. S-24, A-24

wk 4: Against a team that just won their 1st game of the season (Carolina): the Saints had to come from behind to win 16-14: but I do understand divisional games can be hard.

wk 5: Loss to a team that bench their starting QB and had a 6 round pick. This is not the Kurt Warners Cards. But loss 30-20

wk 6: They killed the Bucs 31-6 with 158 yards rushing from and unknown back. and EVERYONE thought their back to what they were last year.

wk 7: Lost to a Browns 30-17 with four picks and 48 yards rushing.

Do you see a pattern: based on this season: the Saints have played two team with a wining record and lost one of them: have have played the some of the worst teams in football this year and (Minn 2 win, 49ers 1 win, Carolina 1 win Cards, 3 win, Tampa 4 win and the Brown 2 win) and still have only 4 wins.

When the Steelers beat them down on national TV this weekend, they will become the "Aints" again.

:plus1: we are 1 point underdogs... we need to crush these guys on National TV.

Douch'ette and Dulac both think we are losing this one and say it doesnt matter if we do??
are they raven fans?

BLACKnGOLD58
10-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I think if we stop the run and put pressure on Brees there's no way they'll beat us.......oh yeah also if Bruce the Dumbf*** Arians doesn't call any triple reverse pitchbacks when we're driving down the field.......maybe stop being so predictable?, that'd be nice.......maybe use a fullback instead of solely calling singleback run plays :imho:

super cleats
10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
at the start of the season if there were two losses i would of circled as "uncertain" it would be the saints and patriots.... cant wait until sunday night.

thanks for being the first knowledgeable browns fan i have seen for ages

harpo
10-28-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't know. I got a feeling that the Steelers will lose this one, 24 - 21.

Goodfrom55
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
This could be a classic case of whoever has the ball last wins. . .My main concern is if the Steelers blitz Brees and don't get there, he will pick the secondary apart. Much like Miami did last week on 1st and 2nd downs, when the corners played their usual 10 yards off the WR's, Henne threw bubble screens and hitch passes to the Dolphins Wr's resulting in 5-8 yard gains. Saints are a bit of an enigma, but I think Steelers have a better defense than they do and as long as there are no giveaways on special teams (TD's) , Steelers should win a close one. Looking at the Saints losses, they were against Physical defenses and I think the Steelers lead the pack in that regard.

PS: Jeff Reed must convert all his kicks as well.

Farrior Fan
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Even with Smith out :banging: we will hold them to 50 yds rushing and make them one dimensional. I know how great Breezy is but we will pick him off a couple of times and sack him more. I also think our O is going to kick in soon in spite of the OC. Here is a thought, Wallace had 1 catch and 1 TD. Maybe you should throw deep to him some more?????:imho: