PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison- Fine donations to charity

steelcurtaingurl
10-25-2010, 10:16 PM
facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James-Harrisons-Bogus-Fine/134796989903782 has stated that.... Just finished my phone call with the NFL office and they have agreed that the monies collected will be donated to James' charity of choice:

SACKS for KIDS
Beaver County YMCA
2236 Third Avenue

New Brighton, PA 15066

(724-847-2200)

I've requested the NFL offices to give me a final total. Also spoke with the YMCA today and they are aware and I will touch base with them once I have confirmation that the NFL has sent the money. The representative that I spoke with from the NFL office, told met that he would let me know how much was raised. That's probably not going to be for a week or two though since money has just started coming in.

:clap::grin1:
NOW THIS IS WHAT STEELER NATION IS ALL ABOUT!!!:herewego::wedaworldchamps: THIS IS A GREAT CAUSE TO BE APART OF NOT ONLY ARE WE STANDING UP BUT WE ARE SUPPORTING THOSE IN NEED.

steelersbabex25
10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
This is why I love being a part of Steeler nation. Would any other fan base be crazy enough to send in tens of thousands of dollars as a petition for a dumb fine? No. Love you all :cope:

igor0190
10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the update!
Kind of wish I woulda sent a few more $$ now, but I guess that wasn't the principle behind it anyways!

:tt02:

Very interested to see how much we raised!!!!!

steelcurtaingurl
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
You could always send in the the charity yourself the address is above.... I will keep ya'll posted can't wait to see how much we raised

nuclearchihuahuas
10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
This is awesome--glad to be a part of it! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Definitely keep us updated on the totals. sounds like a great charity that Harrison chose. :towelwave:

lloydfan4life
10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Way to go Steeler Nation! :woot:

Hopefully this has had some kind of impact with the commish.... but I doubt it. :evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
10-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks so much for this post Gurl!! I was wondering what James would do....I"m so glad to be a part of this as well!!! :tt02:

I wish harrison would address the Steeler nation about his though..would love to know his thoughts!!!

75Steeler
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Sweet! Goodell should go with Harrison to deliver the check!

TampaSteelGirl
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM

I agree!!! :tt02::tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm sending in another $ just because the league took notice and its going to charity

igor0190
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm sending in another $ just because the league took notice and its going to charity

Haha! Nice!

Scorp
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
:goodpost: to all of the above

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2010, 02:52 PM

That's probably not the safest thing for Goodell to do, being with Harrison alone :lol:

xBlitzBurghx
10-30-2010, 12:44 AM
This is awesome!

LarryNJ
10-30-2010, 09:01 AM
That is great. I'll send in mine on Monday.

steelcurtaingurl
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
From the facebook page set up to help pay harrisons fines......

I just talked to the NFL Office and they say they have over 1500 envelopes...they have only opened 125 so far and the total from those envelopes was $169. There was another batch opened earlier in the week and that batch contained a check for $500, I am not sure the total of the first batch. There are still envelopes coming in every day and it doesn't appear that they are in too much of a hurry.
Friday at 4:25pm · Comment · Like

Comments
Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine: Keep in mind, they are tallying the money and creating a spreadsheet. Also, anyone who included a return address on their envelope will be receiving a letter from the NFL. So that will take a bit of time to accomplish of all that.

PsychoWard
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
WOW that's is awesome!!! way to go steelcurtaingurl!!! what a great cause!

steelersbabex25
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Comments
Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine: Keep in mind, they are tallying the money and creating a spreadsheet. Also, anyone who included a return address on their envelope will be receiving a letter from the NFL. So that will take a bit of time to accomplish of all that.

:woot: I'll be waiting for my letter :lol:

steelcurtaingurl
11-07-2010, 10:06 PM
:woot: I'll be waiting for my letter :lol:

You will have to post the letter... I didn't give a return address just Steeler Nation Mechanicsburg, PA.. I didn't want my dollar sent back.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2010, 10:15 PM
You will have to post the letter... I didn't give a return address just Steeler Nation Mechanicsburg, PA.. I didn't want my dollar sent back.

I'm sure it'll just be something along the lines of "this money is going here..this is james harrisons charity of choice, blah blah." But I'll let you know what it says

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Great stuff gurl!!! That's awesome, thanks for the update!

TampaSteelGirl
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks Tiff!!! I didn't put my return address on it either...just Steeler Nation Tampa FL.

steelcurtaingurl
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Leah Griffin the head of the pay harrisons fine fb page that the donations will be going to charity posted this on the fb page today...

Leah Griffin: I emailed the NFL office today to try to tie up some loose ends and figured while I was doing that, I would present some of the questions that James Harrison asked and possibly get some answers....my email and the response to my email are below.

First, I haven't heard from you as to a good date to come and see how the review process takes place. I am still very much interested!

Second, where does all this fine money go? Exactly where does it end up? We all know it goes to a charitable organization, but which charitable organization? Who are the board members, directors and interested parties in the organizations that benefit from what amounts to MILLIONS of dollars a year? Does the league office receive an administrative fee from the fines before they are sent to the charity?

Thanks for your help and take care!

Leah Griffin

Couple things:

1) I talked to Renee Sannan at the Beaver County Y to let her know to expect a check from the NFL later this week. looking like $2,100.
2) You want to try next Friday around lunchtime? Lunch here in this building and then I can give a tour that includes the “control room” where officials, game ops people work out of on Sunday/Monday nites, etc.
3) Some answers to your questions re: where does fine money go. We jointly agree upon where it goes with the NFL Players Association. If you want to get even more specific, let me know. I’ve also cc’d David Krichavsky, who works in our community relations department, and provided below.

Where does player fine $ go:
Player fines collected by the league are used to support retired player programs, including the NFLPA Players Assistance Trust, disaster relief initiatives and other charities supporting youth, education and sports-related medical research.

Which specific organizations?
Recent beneficiaries have included:
NFL Player Association’s Player Assistance Trust (supports retired players in need)
Player Care Foundation (supports retired players in need)
American Red Cross (Haiti relief)
Partners in Health (Haiti)
Partnership for Clean Competition (anti-doping research to ensure integrity of the game)
World Food Programme (Tsunami relief)

Does the league office receive an administrative fee from the fines before they are sent to the charity?
The fine money that comes in is sent to charity. There are no fees by our staff who work on NFL Charities.

MY RESPONSE: ONLY 2,100 I THINK WE RAISE A HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN THAT!!!!!:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:: cursin:

TampaSteelGirl
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Leah Griffin the head of the pay harrisons fine fb page that the donations will be going to charity posted this on the fb page today...

Leah Griffin: I emailed the NFL office today to try to tie up some loose ends and figured while I was doing that, I would present some of the questions that James Harrison asked and possibly get some answers....my email and the response to my email are below.

First, I haven't heard from you as to a good date to come and see how the review process takes place. I am still very much interested!

Second, where does all this fine money go? Exactly where does it end up? We all know it goes to a charitable organization, but which charitable organization? Who are the board members, directors and interested parties in the organizations that benefit from what amounts to MILLIONS of dollars a year? Does the league office receive an administrative fee from the fines before they are sent to the charity?

Thanks for your help and take care!

Leah Griffin

Couple things:

1) I talked to Renee Sannan at the Beaver County Y to let her know to expect a check from the NFL later this week. looking like $2,100.
2) You want to try next Friday around lunchtime? Lunch here in this building and then I can give a tour that includes the “control room” where officials, game ops people work out of on Sunday/Monday nites, etc.
3) Some answers to your questions re: where does fine money go. We jointly agree upon where it goes with the NFL Players Association. If you want to get even more specific, let me know. I’ve also cc’d David Krichavsky, who works in our community relations department, and provided below.

Where does player fine $ go:
Player fines collected by the league are used to support retired player programs, including the NFLPA Players Assistance Trust, disaster relief initiatives and other charities supporting youth, education and sports-related medical research.

Which specific organizations?
Recent beneficiaries have included:
NFL Player Association’s Player Assistance Trust (supports retired players in need)
Player Care Foundation (supports retired players in need)
American Red Cross (Haiti relief)
Partners in Health (Haiti)
Partnership for Clean Competition (anti-doping research to ensure integrity of the game)
World Food Programme (Tsunami relief)

Does the league office receive an administrative fee from the fines before they are sent to the charity?
The fine money that comes in is sent to charity. There are no fees by our staff who work on NFL Charities.

MY RESPONSE: ONLY 2,100 I THINK WE RAISE A HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN THAT!!!!!:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:: cursin:

Thanks Tiff but there is NO way in H*ll it was only $2,100!!!!!!!!! Where is the rest of the money???????? :rant2::rant2:

steelcurtaingurl
12-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks Tiff but there is NO way in H*ll it was only $2,100!!!!!!!!! Where is the rest of the money???????? :rant2::rant2:

Thats what I want to know!:thinking: