PDA

View Full Version : Secondary MUST step up against the Saints this Sunday...

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I think the play of the secondary this week will go a long way to determining if the Steelers are going to win or lose this game in New Orleans on Sunday night. The Saints are not going to be able to run the ball with Chris Ivory and Ladell Betts good enough to pose any kind of threat. So with that being said, it all will fall on the Steelers ability to contain Drew Brees and that potent Saints offense which will give you a ton of different looks and formations. It will be critical for the Steelers to contain this Saints offense and give Ben a chance to make plays in both the run and passing game which I believe he can and will do. The Steelers must have a better effort this week I believe all across the board if they expect to come out of New Orleans with a win on Sunday night. They cannot expect the Saints to play with the same kind of effort that they did against the Browns yesterday. The Steelers will need to be at their absolute best Sunday night in all areas if they expect to beat this Saints team whether they have a Super Bowl hangover or not...Does anyone also know Pierre Thomas status to go along with Bush and if he is any closer to being ready to play this Sunday against the Steelers??

LatrobePA
10-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes sir...We need to get pressure on Brees, if he has the time Henne had it'll be a high scoring loooong night!!

Diamondhead
10-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Hmmm... We need something to mentally rattle Brees....Can one of the Steeler gals get him to possibly expose himself via cell phone pics?

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes sir...We need to get pressure on Brees, if he has the time Henne had it'll be a high scoring loooong night!!

Guys like Woodley if he plays,Harrison,Timmons,and even Worilds since he will definitely get some playing time need to get some sacks this game and force the Saints into a lot of 3rd and long situations. Sitting back and doing nothing against Drew Brees is not going to cut it this week.

LatrobePA
10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Hmmm... We need something to mentally rattle Brees....Can one of the Steeler gals get him to possibly expose himself via cell phone pics?

Not Brees, he a saint, litterally!! I bet he and his wife have intercourse not sex!!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Unless we change our schemes and start bumping these recievers off the line it's gonna be a shoot out Ben will have to use the hurry up/no huddle and call his own plays this week because BA will not put together a good game plan, also though the Saints have been playing like the Ain'ts this year imo...:tt02:

SteelerEyeZ
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I heard Bush wont come back to probably week 11....on espn......anyone hear anything else i think thats good for us bc he could hurt us on those screen passes and short dump offs that hurt us in Miami

super cleats
10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
it will be a shootout why?

because we have a diabolical secondary and even with polamalu it doesn't change.

LatrobePA
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
it will be a shootout why?

because we have a diabolical secondary and even with polamalu it doesn't change.

Troy has been VERY pedestrian last few games...If we win this game, he'll need to make some HUGE plays!:popcorn:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
OK--here's how we rattle Brees...instead of the 3-4 we suddenly change it up and play a 1-6 defense...yes, that's right, a 1-6. We put Hampton on the line to take care of two of the Saints O-line and then we bring 6 linebackers from all directions to overpower and shock Brees et al. (Yes, I'm kidding) I think this would confuse Brees (after he dislodged himself from the turf in the dome) so much it would throw him off for the rest of the game...and it would be really fun to watch :stirpot:

jnes1216
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Henne had all day to throw for most of the game. We need to get some more pressure up front for sure to help out the secondary. We have to rattle Brees early in the game and take the crowd out. The secondary HAS to tackle much better this game for this not to be a shootout. They will definitely test our defensive left with the run game since Smith and possibly Woodley will be out. Good defensive play in the red zone will dictate this game because I think the Saints will drive down the field on us. Another bend but dont break game for the secondary imo.

Steel Trap86
10-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I heard Bush wont come back to probably week 11....on espn......anyone hear anything else i think thats good for us bc he could hurt us on those screen passes and short dump offs that hurt us in Miami

No Bush has been cleared to play this week. He's almost fully healed and will practice tomorrow to test it out. Unless there's any set backs he'll be playing this sunday, but I think he'll be limited and a non issue.

It's Brees against this secondary that worries me. Polamolu HAS to step up and make some plays to win this game!

igor0190
10-26-2010, 02:12 PM
This game will be all about Lebeau's gameplan... If it works, we win... If not were in trouble.

super cleats
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Troy has been VERY pedestrian last few games...If we win this game, he'll need to make some HUGE plays!:popcorn:

I'll make a bold prediction.

If we lose this game due to our secondary, we will not go on and win the super bowl because of all the other high profile passing games.

Saints are one of the best passing attacks, so that's a good measuring stick, and then against the Patriots.

If we lose those 2 games, we will not win the super bowl imo.

jnes1216
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Polamalu usually plays big in the night games. But he's like Big Ben, you have to take the good with the bad (some missed tackles). I'm glad he's playing though and not hurt. I think he has a good game vs the Saints.

BLACKnGOLD58
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE

I was so pissed in the first half of that ratbirds game......we rushed 4 and Crappo had all day to throw the ball...we might have had one or two blitzes but we can't give drew any time....verse Miami: I though miami picked up the blitz well.... and we need to stop the run of course

and Arians needs to stop being a dum****

Scorp
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
:goodpost:

super cleats
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
can we steal earl thomas for this game please... ill trade next years draft pick just for him... this could be a greenbay-pittsburgh reminicent all over again.

harpo
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
OK--here's how we rattle Brees...instead of the 3-4 we suddenly change it up and play a 1-6 defense...yes, that's right, a 1-6. We put Hampton on the line to take care of two of the Saints O-line and then we bring 6 linebackers from all directions to overpower and shock Brees et al. (Yes, I'm kidding) I think this would confuse Brees (after he dislodged himself from the turf in the dome) so much it would throw him off for the rest of the game...and it would be really fun to watch :stirpot:

I know you said this to be kidding, but this is how the Browns got at least 2 of those 4 interceptions against him. The Browns played the 1-5-5 defense at times, which confused Brees a lot because, aside from the one down lineman, he had no idea where the pass rush was coming.

We all know that Dick LeBeau uses this scheme as well, so it'll be interesting to see how often we go to this defensive formation on passing downs.

chisteeler
10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I just hope we win, and that Ben has a big game. Aside from wanting a "W" each week, I really want one this week to see how Bradshaw reacts to it. Don't get me wrong, I like Terry, but I have to admit, I'd like to see him eat some crow.

Troyisabeast_43
10-26-2010, 05:45 PM
A win in New Orleans Sunday and I believe this Steelers team has a chance to really go on a roll and will not lose that many more games. Remember after the game in Cincy the Steelers only have 3 road games left the rest of the season and 5 games at home. They only have to play in Baltimore,Buffalo,and Cleveland and have the rest of them at home including 3 in a row at home in December...Getting a win in New Orelans would be huge for this team especially doing it in that dome with key players out on defense...

Real Deal Steel
10-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I agree the secondary must take it up a notch, but the pass rush must also be better. The pass rush I saw Sunday was weak compared to what I saw the first two games. They need to rethink their rush schemes this weekend because Brees gets rid of the ball fast anyway.

coldrolled
10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
hate to say it, but do what ryan and the browns did a bit last week. lots of confusion. mix it up all over the line.

the steelers need to finally play the perfect game once this year. no int's, no fumbles..

td's no field goals, more blitzs and bump and run coverage mixed in.

arians needs to show up once with a great game or ben needs to go no huddle 1/2 the game.

we need to keep them off their game on both sides of the ball and we need to do it well.

then we will go 6-1 ...

Phdboy2020
10-30-2010, 08:09 PM
The secondary absolutely need to step up their game tomorrow night. Our front seven also need to apply pressure. I would imagine that Lawrence Timmons is going to be used is pass coverage for most of the night. That means "The Duo" Harrison and Woodley have to be on their A game all night. If our D holds up, 6-1!!!