PDA

View Full Version : It's deja vu all over again.

coach
10-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I took today off so what better to do than surf the net and read about the steelers.

In 2008, we were 5-1 after week 7 and finished 7-3 in the second half of the year to finish 12 - 4 atop the division.

In 2009, we were 5-2 after 7 and finished second half 4-5 (9 and 7) for third in division.

This year's schedule is tougher than last years (we all know who we lost to last year).

What are your second half predictions for Steelers and AFC North?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't think there's any way this team goes on another 5 game skid like last year. However I don't see us winning out either.

Normally I wouldn't have a problem calling out which games we should or should not win each week but with Aaron Smith out now, I need to see how we respond over the next game or 2 before I can make any sort of predictions. You can't underestimate his importance to this team. The Steelers can't just go with Kirschke or some other career backup. They need to go out and find a FLozell Adams type player to insert into Smith's spot for this year.

mwittman5
10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
12-4 is very reasonable. Even if we lost to the patriots, saints, and jets, then thats 12-4. The bengals are a mess I think the steelers can beat them twice, and the ravens D just got exposed by buffalo. If fitzpatrick can torch them then so can Ben. 12-4

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 12:54 PM
12-4 is very reasonable. Even if we lost to the patriots, saints, and jets, then thats 12-4. The bengals are a mess I think the steelers can beat them twice, and the ravens D just got exposed by buffalo. If fitzpatrick can torch them then so can Ben. 12-4

Ben being able to torch them has never been an issue, it's Ben being allowed to torch them that has haunted this rivalry for years now. Play calling is a factor every year for us and on Sunday we saw a coordinator that had no clue what to do with 2 minutes to go. A coordinator that was hell bent on running and putting us in 3rd and long situations when it was clear that the run game was not being effective.

This team will go as far as Ben will take us, we know that..but how much that gets hampered this year by Arians as opposed to other years remains to be seen. I just wish for once that Tomlin would take off the Arians Oakley sunglasses and see this offense for what it can really do without bonehead play calls.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
This team will go as far as Ben will take us, we know that..but how much that gets hampered this year by Arians as opposed to other years remains to be seen. I just wish for once that Tomlin would take off the Arians Oakley sunglasses and see this offense for what it can really do without bonehead play calls.

:plus1:

Scorp
10-25-2010, 05:44 PM
If we lose to the Saints i can live with that. But there is no way in this hell that we can lose to the sorry patriots or the sorry raiders. Those losses will be totally unacceptable. We need to whip *** like we did similar or better than we did in 08. I can see us in the playoffs with 2-3 losses. We'll see who hands us those few losses.

steelersbabex25
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
On a side note, I feel like saying "it's deja vu all over again" is pretty repetitive..

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
If the Steelers go 2-1 in the next 3 games against the Saints,Bengals,and Patriots and be 7-2 going into games against the Raiders at home and at Buffalo they are going to be in excellent shape to be 9-2 going into their showdown with the Ravens on December 5th on Sunday night. The Ravens still have some tough games coming up they gotta play Miami after their bye week,they have to go to Atlanta and to Carolina and play Tampa Bay at home before they play the Steelers. I feel they will lose at least one of those games so as long as the Steelers go 2-1 in this next stretch of games they should be 9-2 and be able to be one game up on the Ravens in December with a chance to go up 2 games on them by beating them...

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Honestly i said in the beginning of the year that if we stayed healthy we would be 12-4, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot we should be 12-4 and us and the Jets as divisional leaders with a bye week, hell if we stop being predictable on Offense we could be 13-3, The only thing that bothers me now is how will we do against the run now that Aaron is out, I also remember alot of so called experts here saying 9-7 8-8 10-6:lol:

Diamondhead
10-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd feel much more confident if the Steelers had a solid replacement for Smith. Damn, injuries are always a black swan when it comes to forecasting the season.

Any quality 3-4 Defensive ends currently working at UPS or some other 9 to 5 we can scoop up and plug in?:lol:

LatrobePA
10-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Well be fine, Smith sucked...NOT!! j/k

It'll take two guys to fill his void.

steelerschick1220
10-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I think we will end up 12-4. I am curious to see how they respond with Aaron being out.

Farrior Fan
10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
11-5 if things stay the same. 15-1 if BA just happens to step in front of a moving bus tomorrow morning.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't know we could go 13-3, but I think 12-4 is most likely is Hood can play with 3/4 Smith's game.