PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Steelers still have Randle el?

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok he was good for us his first time around. But he constantly calls fair catches, does very little for our offense. I know he has experience. But why not cut him loose and bring Antonio Brown of the practice squard?

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
AB is on the 53 man squad he has just been in active on GD's, i think AB should get more playing time also, but Tomlin like his vets and ARE has reliable hands on punt returns whether u like him or not ARE ain't going nbo where unless he gets hurt...

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I couldnt agree more the sooner Tomlin gets his head of his *** and realizes this the better off the Steelers receiving core will be. Brown is rotting on the bench because of Tomlin's love affair with ****ing Randle El it's really becoming annoying...

SteelCityKid5
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Leadership and experience. The same reason Foote is with us. Tomlin wont have our WR crops be young and inexperienced.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Leadership and experience. The same reason Foote is with us. Tomlin wont have our WR crops be young and inexperienced.

That's it right there. There's a reason that Brown and Sanders go head to head every week to win a game day roster spot. Neither is ready for full time duty but both are getting better and better. ARE may fair catch punts a lot but would you rather have them being fumbled? By the end of the year both Brown and Sanders will probably be on the active gameday roster but ARE still has a purpose for now.

airbrake 1
10-24-2010, 08:23 PM
the same people calling for brown and sanders now...will be calling for their heads if they are called to dress every game and have a few rough games...they have a lot of potential and will be called upon in due course

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I'll take Ward for WR leadership and get rid of ARE

Farrior Fan
10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
ARE is still ok. He has good hands and is very reliable at catching punts. Sanders got us in a really deep hole early on today.

Root4Stlrs
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Every time I start to complain about Randle El fair catching punts all the time, I think about Ricardo Colclough and what torture it was every time another team punted to us.

steelchamp204
10-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Ill take El for punt return duties, remember all the time holmes fumbled the ball on punt returns? Atleast we can relax on punt return. But I agree Battle should be gettin more reps

matowens13
10-25-2010, 06:14 PM
:nono: You forget that ARE is very consistent and makes plays when he gets the ball. he may fair catch alot but thts because he can tell when a return will lose yardage. :2cents: he was consistent on both the skins and steelers and is great when he has a QB to throw to him (referring to Jason Campbell :evilshake: ). and don't forget, we may not have the youngest receivers but we do have the most consistent. :tt02: :steelersflag5: :herewego:

K Train
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
lmao very consistant at what? not getting open? being afraid of the endzone?

he does not make plays when he gets the ball, he goes down or backwards....get your players straight

veteran leadership is so overrated, they are not going into battle in the heart of vietnam, they are going out and running around catching a ball...something theyve been doing their whole life....im sure they could handle not having els wisdom bestowed upon them

steelchamp204
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
lmao very consistant at what? not getting open? being afraid of the endzone?

he does not make plays when he gets the ball, he goes down or backwards....get your players straight

veteran leadership is so overrated, they are not going into battle in the heart of vietnam, they are going out and running around catching a ball...something theyve been doing their whole life....im sure they could handle not having els wisdom bestowed upon them

Dude, do you have sand in your vag, we are 5-1, we are winning with randel el and the other vets, We havent had any special team problems because of El, special teams can be big factors for games, So what he doesnt get open, all we need is heath, hines, wallace and the run, plus El will catch passes. Damn man give the guy a break, hes not elite like randy moss, but he gets it done.

K Train
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
the thing is he really doesnt get it done...hes a body on the field and allows others to get it done....while i think the younger guys (especially brown) are hungry and would actually be productive

LatrobePA
10-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Brown and Sanders need to see more time...

JensK
10-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Brown and Sanders need to see more time...

No doubt about it. While we have yet to see Brown in any actual WR action, Sanders have been running pretty decent routes so far, although the routes he have been given havnt been all that hard to run :P There is really no point on not playing them anyway, because the alternative is rather horrid. I mean, Randle El and Battle suck, plain and simple. As for leadership... thought that was because Hines Ward was running around in there..

DanRooney
10-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Dude, do you have sand in your vag, we are 5-1, we are winning with randel el and the other vets, We havent had any special team problems because of El, special teams can be big factors for games, So what he doesnt get open, all we need is heath, hines, wallace and the run, plus El will catch passes. Damn man give the guy a break, hes not elite like randy moss, but he gets it done.

You're right. Special teams has been a huge factor in us being 5-1. Special teams coverage has been pretty stout and our kick returns have been pretty good. Wait..Randle El does neither of these things. Wait...we're dead last in punt return average. :nono:

harpo
10-26-2010, 08:35 AM
We all might as well get used to it.....Randle-El is here to stay (at least through this year). It's not about how we feel about him on a personal level. It's what the coaches feel is best for the team at this point. Whenever Sanders and Brown start making their strides, ARE will be expendable. Until that time comes, he isn't going anywhere.

jpele
10-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Yep.... I like the fair catch muffed ball routine,it adds some excitement to the game. Or even the stutter step and lose two yards from the spot of the catch it takes an experienced vet to make these plays.

Dobre Shunka
10-27-2010, 02:52 AM
ARE <crickets chirping>.