PDA

View Full Version : sorry still not a fan of IKE.

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Everyone keeps telling me how hes a shutdown corner, etc. This guy isn't a play maker. He drops too many ints, and gets burned too much. And too many pass interference calls. Sorry I don't like IKe.

JensK
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
lol, that kinda came out of nowhere. Ike played a pretty decent game today. He kept Marshall to 5 catches and 57y. Those are pretty neat stats against a WR like Marshall.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Pretty decent? He was clutch today.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Pretty decent? He was clutch today.

Right... I don't know what game dude was watching but Ike played solid ball today against BM

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I'll get shot, but here I go.

I haven't been a fan of Troy lately, he's not been real good!!

JensK
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM

I agree. Troy have been gone a couple of games. I would have thought that he would have had a bunch of tackles today, as he likes to roam in the areas which Dolphins usually like to exploit, but guess I was wrong.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM

He's been blowing by a lot of tackles. Hasn't been a real lights out player as of late. I get where you're coming from.

SteelCityKid5
10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I didnt hear Ike Tayl...excuse me... I didnt hear Swaggers name that much today which indicates he had a good game. Yeah he has rocks for hands but I think he a solid CB. He does his job and I dont know where you see him getting burned? The Stees dont give up the big play.

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I've never been a fan of Ike...

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I just heard on 93.5 that troy suffered a head injury against the Clowns so maybe that's why his play has been down we are still better with him on the field then with him off the field, teams don't try to go deep to often with troy on the field so i'll take what we get with Troy out there on the field...

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
the d was awol all day.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I will take the win, no doubt, but the D was decidedly not their stellar selves today. I don't know what's up with Troy (I heard possible head injury and someone posted it earlier in this thread) but he hasn't been the same in the last two games. Hope he's better next week!

SteelerEyeZ
10-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I like him as a player but is a lil to cocky...this SWAGGA thing he has needs to go...but he is the best we have right now and today he played well

super cleats
10-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I agree. Troy have been gone a couple of games. I would have thought that he would have had a bunch of tackles today, as he likes to roam in the areas which Dolphins usually like to exploit, but guess I was wrong.

coaches gameplan against troy, not against ike.

Today was a sloppy sloppy game by both defenses.

greg1964
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Ike for president

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Ike makes a lot of plays every week, you don't hear his name called all that often because he's doing his job on his WR. Both he and BMac are playing fine this year..besides would you rather have Willie Gay back there starting at CB?

super cleats
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Ike makes a lot of plays every week, you don't hear his name called all that often because he's doing his job on his WR. Both he and BMac are playing fine this year..besides would you rather have Willie Gay back there starting at CB?

oh pweeze

yeah ike makes a lot of big plays... BIG PLAYS.... like Murphys 1500000 yard touchdown.

William Gay has played better than Ike this year, if not for that putrid offense, the Steelers would be 6-0 because of gay's goal-line pass deflections.

Farrior Fan
10-24-2010, 09:02 PM
cleats, you have really been trying to mix it up today. I'm not sure if you have seen a Steelers game before last week but Ike is our best CB followed by Bmac. Putting Gay on someone all alone is like waiting for the bang when you have a blindfold on and a cigarrette in your mouth.

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 07:02 PM ---

and in case you are even more ignorant on matters around the NFL Brandon Marshall is easily one of the top 10 WR's in the league. Much better than R. Moss - bet the guys on NFL network would be shocked to hear that as well.

airbrake 1
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
is anyone ever satisfied with any of the players on our team????????? .....feels like we are 1-5 instead of 5-1

super cleats
10-24-2010, 09:23 PM
cleats, you have really been trying to mix it up today. I'm not sure if you have seen a Steelers game before last week but Ike is our best CB followed by Bmac. Putting Gay on someone all alone is like waiting for the bang when you have a blindfold on and a cigarrette in your mouth.

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 07:02 PM ---

and in case you are even more ignorant on matters around the NFL Brandon Marshall is easily one of the top 10 WR's in the league. Much better than R. Moss - bet the guys on NFL network would be shocked to hear that as well.

um when did i say william gay is better than Ike, I said INFORM THIS YEAR.

There is a difference. FOR EXAMPLE.

Lawrence Timmons has been a better linebacker this season than Patrick Willis, but Willis is the better linebacker throughout their career.

SIMPLES!

Farrior Fan
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
well then we will just have to agree to disagree. Because there is zero chance that we win the game today if Gay is on Marshall. Yes Gay has better hands than Ike (hell I have way better hands than Ike) but if you want a CB that will do a great job of stopping the stud WR from catching the ball you cannot go wrong with Ike.

I hope that Gay continues to get better, I have praised him this year and hope that he continues to produce in the nickel. But I am having flashbacks to last year just typing about him. It was awful.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Last I heard CB were paid to stop opposing WR... if they get a INT it's a bonus. Ike stops opposing wide receivers,would it be nice to see some more INTs ,hell yeah but if he stops the opposing WR, that is his main job!! Their top wide out had what 57 yds..what is wrong with that?? Gay is more than adequate as a nickle back and it's good to have somebody play that position well.
Our defense has given up 82 points in 6 games, 13.7 average WTF is wrong with that?? It not like we are playing bums either, all but one win over teams .500 and above. like was said earlier in this thread "you would think we were 1-5". Some of yins are whining because of the way we win,it don't make sense. Bottom line is the only stat that matter s is who has the W at the end of the day!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 09:31 AM
We saw more than enough of Gay last year in a starting role. He was clearly not in a position that suited his talents and we paid the price all year long. We have the right secondary on the field now and that includes Ike. Personally I don't care so much if we have a "shut down" corner, as long as they stop the WR whenever the ball is caught, make the tackle, and otherwise do what they are supposed to do. There are not very much "shut down" corners in this league, but still a whole lot of very good ones.

jpele
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
is anyone ever satisfied with any of the players on our team????????? .....feels like we are 1-5 instead of 5-1

:plus1: I hear ya.

Zachintosh66
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I just heard that troy suffered a injury

Surprise... no, not really :evilshake:

Zachintosh66
10-25-2010, 11:46 AM
We saw more than enough of Gay last year in a starting role. He was clearly not in a position that suited his talents and we paid the price all year long. We have the right secondary on the field now and that includes Ike. Personally I don't care so much if we have a "shut down" corner, as long as they stop the WR whenever the ball is caught, make the tackle, and otherwise do what they are supposed to do. There are not very much "shut down" corners in this league, but still a whole lot of very good ones.

IMHO our defense w/ DL isnt set-up for a "shut down corner" its a spot not to get beat deep, help with run support and play well inside the red zone. Think about all of our CBs who have played under DL, they all play off the ball and dont mind giving up a short catch, just as long as the WR dont get over top of them. I honestly think its the scheme and not the players...

jnes1216
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't have a problem with the DB's this game except their tackling could have been executed better. Bess touchdown on one occasion vs several defenders, on another Ike Taylor seemed to wait for the WR to catch the ball after he bobbled it on the short pass to the defensive right before he attempted the tackle (don't remember the WR). Polamalu missed a few. Maybe nit picking on the tackling but we're going to get an aerial show vs the Saints next week and they could always improve in this area.