PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to see a pissed off Saints team next Sunday night...

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
After the *** kicking they took today at the hands of Colt McCoy and the Browns. You know the Saints will be up for this game next Sunday night with the Steelers coming in on a primetime game and they will not have any lackluster effort like they did today against the Browns. I still think the Steelers have a great shot to win this game but the Saints next week will definitely be more focused and more pumped up to win this game because of the debacle they had happen today against the Browns...Plus, both Bush and Pierre Thomas could very well be back for this game which will make stopping the Saints offense even tougher especially with guys like Smith,Keisel and Woodley all possibly being out of the lineup next week...

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Ya but how good are they if they can't beat the Browns>?

SteelJunkie
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I have watched a lot of Saints games this year, so far I'm not impressed. That being said I'm not impressed with our pass defense. We need to get to the QB, last 2 weeks the defense hasn't done it and has given up some big plays. Either way should be a good game.

JensK
10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Ya but how good are they if they can't beat the Browns>?

Browns played some horrible horrible offensive football, but when you intercept Brees 4 times, and return two of them for touchdowns, you'll win the game more often than not.

I hope they are pissed! I hope they come in and play with a purpose. If we beat them, it'll just be that much sweeter.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't take anyone seriously that gets pummeled by the Browns. :coffeecough:

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Browns won on fluke plays. Fake punt, two ints for tds. Shouldn't have happened. Saints seem to be hungover, much like we were last season.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Honestly the Ain't have been looking real average this year... i just hope we make adjustments to our defensive schemes and let Ben call his own play next week BA just plan suck...If we lose it will be because we keep shooting ourselves in the foot like we did today in Miami...

SteelCityKid5
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
The Browns dont suck. They've given all of their opponents a fight. As for the Saints, I welcome the challenge. Big game on prime time television. Its a hostile environment and a quality measuring stick because Im sure that place will be rocking on Halloween.

Moondog
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Browns won on fluke plays. Fake punt, two ints for tds. Shouldn't have happened. Saints seem to be hungover, much like we were last season.

That's what I gathered, the Saints just seriously **** the bed today. That game reminded me of that game the Steelers lost to the Texans some years ago when they outgained Houston 400+ to 47 yards and still lost the game.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 06:43 PM

this was a trap game for the saints--they will so be ready for us next week---I would absolutely love it if our D destroyed their O but I am not counting on it--we need to hang onto the ball and grind it out with a few bombs to wallace mixed in

coldrolled
10-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I have watched a lot of Saints games this year, so far I'm not impressed. That being said I'm not impressed with our pass defense. We need to get to the QB, last 2 weeks the defense hasn't done it and has given up some big plays. Either way should be a good game.

:plus1: maybe we are missing a faster incoming ILB blitz... Sly??

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Saints suck right now...But it'll be a big test for our suspect secondary...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Everybody loses a game to a team they shouldn't lose too, now and then. We did it 5 times last year in those losses. The Saints are superior to the Browns, but regardless a loss is a loss. Yeah the Saints will be pissed and hungry to rebound, so we are going to have to bring our A game especially in the secondary.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Everybody loses a game to a team they shouldn't lose too, now and then. We did it 5 times last year in those losses. The Saints are superior to the Browns, but regardless a loss is a loss. Yeah the Saints will be pissed and hungry to rebound, so we are going to have to bring our A game especially in the secondary.

That's the truth!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2010, 11:45 PM
BA needs to come up with a game plan and call a good game using his personal on offense to their max talents..........I want to see the offense come out and drop 30+ points on the Saints to take some pressure off an injured/battered defense right now..........

Today we should have blown out the Dolphins but again spotty play calling by BA kept the Dolphins in the game.........

Scorp
10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
If the Steelers are playing a pissed off Saints, it will not look good for NO. Steelers will whip some *** and give the Saints a sweet lesson in playing real football. Damn, i can't wait.

Moondog
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
It will be a good game, Drew Brees isn't going to give the Steelers any gifts like he did the Browns. I'm thinking there will be a lot of offense. The Steeler D is actually starting to concern me since the Raven game.

SteelDad
10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
If we are as short-handed on D as it appears we will be, I forsee a shootout. Our secondary doesn't cover well and they have three solid receivers plus Shockey. I look for us to pass in order to set up the run. I know we can run on these guys.... Bruce are you listening?

mwittman5
10-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Steelers gotta pound the ball with mendenhall and eat up clock. Keeping brees off the field and the defense fresh will help tremendously

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 12:50 PM
What the Saints did on Sunday was not something you'll probably see them do again for long time. They are not as potent or flawless as they were last year, however they are still capable of a high powered offense at any given time.

We should be able to run on them better than we did against Miami, and I'm sure Ben can do this thing against their defense well enough to win. My main concern is the defense. Back to back weeks they've given up way too many pass yards and big plays. Granted they have kept teams out of the endzone for the most part but this bend don't break type of defense will come back to haunt you sooner or later.

They need to get the pass rush going and get Brees out of sync, if they can do that then it opens everything up. If Brees gets time to pick his targets it will be a long day for us.

mwittman5
10-25-2010, 12:54 PM
What the Saints did on Sunday was not something you'll probably see them do again for long time. They are not as potent or flawless as they were last year, however they are still capable of a high powered offense at any given time.

We should be able to run on them better than we did against Miami, and I'm sure Ben can do this thing against their defense well enough to win. My main concern is the defense. Back to back weeks they've given up way too many pass yards and big plays. Granted they have kept teams out of the endzone for the most part but this bend don't break type of defense will come back to haunt you sooner or later.

They need to get the pass rush going and get Brees out of sync, if they can do that then it opens everything up. If Brees gets time to pick his targets it will be a long day for us.

the saints o-line looked terrible against the browns. I think the steelers will be able to rattle brees

lloydfan4life
10-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm not overly worried about the Saints. The Steelers tend to show up big for primetime games as well.

The Dolphins worried me more.

JMO, though.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
the saints o-line looked terrible against the browns. I think the steelers will be able to rattle brees

If they are going to rattle him then they better make sure they get there and not "just miss" play after play. When you blitz as much as we do, it has to work or the DB's get exposed and we're vulnerable to big plays. I think we can get to him too, but given the health situation of guys like Woodley (who should play), Keisel (no word yet), Smith (gone for the year), nothing is a given. I'd like to think they will rally as a unit and come out playing inspired football, so hopefully that is the case.

coach
10-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Sometimes it comes down to when you play a team and not neccessarily who you play. We have injuries but so do they. By the time the rats get NO, Bush and Thomas may both be back. They will be more 1 dimensional this week. Hopefully we don't give up fumbles next week. Our play after those fumbles was more solid.

Scorp
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Saints are in for a rude awakening. Steelers won't play like they have the game won or as if they have the Saints' card. They will play smart football and make sure they dominate on both or either side of the ball. They know how BIG this game is. I hope the Steelers let the Saints know they are going to be in for a world of hurt. Either way, for both teams, it could very well be a long night.....Maybe a great one.