PDA

View Full Version : Emmanual Sanders came up big today...

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
His huge kickoff returns to near midfield before the Wallace TD and especially the one on the last drive that set the Steelers up at midfield were absolutely huge in this game. It was nice to see Sanders bounce back in a big way after fumbling the opening kickoff to start the game. They still need to be using both Sanders and Brown on both kickoffs,punts,and as receivers and get the hell rid of Randle El once and for all...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
After that fumble I was ready to crucify him, but he was able to bounce back and made some key plays for us today. Him and Brown battle head to head every week in practice, it's paying off big time.

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Sanders will not sit another game this season in my opinion. He is too good as a receiver as well and adds a lot more to the passing game then a guy like Brown does...

Dee Mca
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I say why not sit Battle and dress Brown? Then we can use Brown and Sanders on kickoffs and or Punts. ARE is terrible on punts.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I like him a lot as a kickoff returner. Minus the fumble he did really well..if my memory serves me correctly I'm pretty sure he had a big catch or two as well.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
He showed up big time today , he atoned fro that early fumble and made some big catches and big KO returns in the 2nd half, i still think AB should replace ARE also we could use his speed also...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
I say why not sit Battle and dress Brown? Then we can use Brown and Sanders on kickoffs and or Punts. ARE is terrible on punts.

That's one scenario that could unfold as the weeks move forward. Battle is in on special teams but other than that he doesn't see the field much on offense. A gameday WR corp of Ward, Wallace, El, Brown, and Sanders would be prime. Right now though with the injuries on the DL, they are probably going to have to dress an additional DE to help out and that may cut into an extra WR spot...we'll have to see.

greennick
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I like him a lot as a kickoff returner. Minus the fumble he did really well..if my memory serves me correctly I'm pretty sure he had a big catch or two as well.

One for 18 yards.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
That's one scenario that could unfold as the weeks move forward. Battle is in on special teams but other than that he doesn't see the field much on offense. A gameday WR corp of Ward, Wallace, El, Brown, and Sanders would be prime. Right now though with the injuries on the DL, they are probably going to have to dress an additional DE to help out and that may cut into an extra WR spot...we'll have to see.

unfortunately, I think you are right--we need all the healthy DL we can muster

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
He made up for the fumble and IMO he needs more looks on offense..

coldrolled
10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
sanders played fine. nice catches... brown needs to play also.

jpele
10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't know if we could afford to lose Battles from our special teams. In six games he has a grand total of two tackles, one at Tampa and one against Baltimore.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I like Sanders a ton and was pumped when we drafted him........He was huge on his kick-off returns today....Yea he fumbled but he made up for hit....Made a huge catch as well........Sanders and Brown need to be used more period.....Brown is wasted by not dressing......Find a hat for Brown somehow on gamedays........

SteelJunkie
10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Sanders played good after the fumble. I wouldn't mind seeing Brown dressing with Sanders.