PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack Roethlisberger's ups and down today

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
It's crystal clear that Ben is the man for this team at QB, however today Ben was trying to do WAY too much. Twice he fumbled while clearly wrapped up and trying to do something to save the down. Him holding that ball out there like that cost us and if not for our defense it could have been disastrous.

I love Ben to death and I know he wants to make a play, but man there is a time when you go down and live to fight another day, not put your defense in a bad spot.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Ben is fabulous, but he was killing me today! He is trying to do too much and I love that but he has got to put it in the right place at the right time:tt02:

mwittman5
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
agreed, I love how ben tries making plays but just take a sack when your wrapped up and cant get out

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 05:54 PM
He did try to force it a few too many times today but at the end of the day he was money on 3rd down in this game. Props to Mewelde Moore for coming in and making a few big check down plays on 3rd down. Ben was awesome though overall again today the Steelers dont win this game if he isnt playing today it's that simple...

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I think he's trying to live up to his big bad repuatation, so he feels like he can't get sacked..but Ben, sometimes you just gotta take it. A sack is better than a lost fumble.

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
I agree. Ben looks rusty. You must protect the ball! He almost cost us the game today. Then there was the one play when if he ran, may have gotten the first down, but instead got a penalty for throwing over the line. Use your head ben!

We gave Miami six quick points. No need for that. PROTECT THE BALL!

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I agree. Ben looks rusty. You must protect the ball! He almost cost us the game today. Then there was the one play when if he ran, may have gotten the first down, but instead got a penalty for throwing over the line. Use your head ben!

We gave Miami six quick points. No need for that. PROTECT THE BALL!

OH YEAH. I forgot about that. You're 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and you throw it?! Come on, know where you are on the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
He did try to force it a few too many times today but at the end of the day he was money on 3rd down in this game. Props to Mewelde Moore for coming in and making a few big check down plays on 3rd down. Ben was awesome though overall again today the Steelers dont win this game if he isnt playing today it's that simple...

Going into that last drive he was like 7-8 for over 100 yds on 3rd down. He was indeed money and that's when it counts...but man he was driving me nuts! LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Ben is who he is and isn't going to change at this point in his career.....You have to take the good with the bad......Most of the time Ben is more good then bad for this team.......

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
It's crystal clear that Ben is the man for this team at QB, however today Ben was trying to do WAY too much. Twice he fumbled while clearly wrapped up and trying to do something to save the down. Him holding that ball out there like that cost us and if not for our defense it could have been disastrous.

I love Ben to death and I know he wants to make a play, but man there is a time when you go down and live to fight another day, not put your defense in a bad spot.

:clap::clap::clap: Well said i hope he learns from this, when u are wrapped up tuck the ball and live for another play...

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Ben has one home game and one away game under his belt now; I bet he is calmer and plays better next week

SteelDad
10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Ben is who he is and isn't going to change at this point in his career.....You have to take the good with the bad......Most of the time Ben is more good then bad for this team.......

Exactly. We cannot expect perfection from him now or ever. He plays a different type of game than most QB's and we need to understand that. We don't have a chance today without BR.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Ben is most definitely more good than bad; his career record and 2 SB rings will attest to that. He's a guy who's going to take chances, always has been and always will be. He is the only QB that could flourish in this system, and is as unique as he is talented in his abilities.

Still though I need to just close my eyes every time he gets wrapped up and pray to the football gods that he doesn't do what he did those 2 times yesterday..LOL

coldrolled
10-25-2010, 09:41 AM
He is the only QB that could flourish in this system, and is as unique as he is talented in his abilities.

Hopefully, this system is over after this year...

Root4Stlrs
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Ben has one home game and one away game under his belt now; I bet he is calmer and plays better next week

I agree with you. I know he has always been a risk taker who makes things happen that other QB's wouldn't have a prayer of accomplishing. Having said that, I think he is going a little overboard b/c he is trying to make it up to his teammates and the fans. Like you, I believe he will be calmer now that he has two wins under his belt.

Steelersfan
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't get all this! Yes Ben tried to make a play on the first fumble. Bad call on his part. But the second one was not on him. What else did he do that would be considered trying too hard????? The TD? Ya, he should of hung on to the ball but he isn't a RB. You take a chance calling those type of plays with a QB.

jnes1216
10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
On the final drive, did anyone else notice Ben would call for the snap with 10 seconds left on the play clock. I thought I noticed this on a few occasions. Why not take it down to 2 seconds, etc?
Luckily it was a moot point, but the attention to the details (throwing past the line of scrimmage?) did not seem there today. Did anyone replace Ken Anderson as QB coach?
I'm not saying he had a bad game, just some tweaks here and there coupled with shaking off some rust will make him even sharper.

Scorp
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Ben just loves to really tease us all. Ben you f-in tease.

Moondog
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
It goes with the territory when you have a swashbuckling, gunslinging, Robocop for a quarterback!

Clevelandsux
10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Two years ago ben wasn't protecting the ball, and Tomlin had a talk with him. But be time again?

steelersbabex25
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Ben just loves to really tease us all. Ben you f-in tease.

Ben is the opposite of a tease :hehheh:...too soon?